What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hundreds Of Dogs Dying From Jerky Treats

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I didn't even have to read past the title to know this would involve China. This sort of thing happens much too often.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Most anything from China sucks. Years ago I read that you should never give foreign made treats to your dogs. The rawhide chews are an example I remember. Who knows wtf they treat those things with in places like China.
For all we know Chinese dog treats are made from dog.

BlackBuds

This will continue because Americans are too dumb and cheap to buy quality anything. China will always produce cheap crap at whatever cost to the environment and quality of life on this planet and Americans will continue to support them. Prove me wrong.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The EU imports only slightly less than the US.
china-top-export-market1.jpg

N

noyd666

just as bad in oz, every ting is chong, bloody shirts get me they fit right but arm sleeves are half way up your arms lol. yes avoid those dog food treats like the plague.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This will continue because Americans are too dumb and cheap to buy quality anything. China will always produce cheap crap at whatever cost to the environment and quality of life on this planet and Americans will continue to support them. Prove me wrong.
you may be correct; but still, it's you that has the market cornered on horses patoot, thanks for sharing.......

Last edited:
i saw this today somewhere else. Im not suprised. My dogs get food made in US and canada from us and canadian products. its expensive. but they shit less and dont die of china syndrome. and my wife is taiwanese so fuck off with any racist shit.

You have to be careful with treats that say made in usa as well. They are allowed to import chinese meat sludge and shape and package it in the US and call it made in the US. I dont think canada allows that bullshit so Im more inclinded to buy their products.

All my dogs treats and food come from a local pet store that sells only natural stuff. Bunch of dirty hippies but my dogs get the best I can afford now. They had rough lives when I was a junkie.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Watch out for the dehydrated chicken strips also....

We got what I presume was a bad bag after feeding a few to my older GSD...

She got really sick, puking...the squirts..even some blood....vet said to keep her comfortable and she bounced back after 36hours.

Interestingly she would not eat the dehydrated chicken strips after that, we tossed the bag about a week later...she was back to eating normally..so someting is up

We used to call them chicken crack as they were so powerful a motivator for my bitch...
but now it is the opposite.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better to make your own jerky treats. Ask your butcher to slice turkey, chicken breasts or top round steak....oven or in cheesecloth (in summer)....or dig out the ol' RONCO food dehydrator from the garage.

Even MILO'S now saying they are American Made (vs. China where they were originally made.) Most rawhide/jerky treats were manufactured in China....read the label....LOTS of preservative chemicals.

MIway

Veteran
Most anything from China sucks. Years ago I read that you should never give foreign made treats to your dogs. The rawhide chews are an example I remember. Who knows wtf they treat those things with in places like China.
For all we know Chinese dog treats are made from dog.

bah... us companies making pet foods locally are just as bad. we've had us food companies poison & kill pets just the same, right here in the us. and just the same... they use meat byproducts & meat meal... in other words... road kill, slaughtered horse, eauthanised pets. people in the us make money collecting dead pets from vets & reselling it to the food companies. and their isnt really any way to check/stop it.

it isnt china, it isnt the us... the problem is our trust in corporations.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thank you Stoner cor posting that petfood advisor.

When. I got Fusarium I did a lot of research. Found a lot of spoiled and moldy crops are sold to animal feed companies. This spoiled food has lead to many dead pets. Horrible practices.

Best off researching what dogs cant eat and then growing/raising your own dog food

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran

I don't feed my pets cheap anything.

I had to spend $80 on a 40lb bag of dog food(prescription) for my dog, because she needed it.

Still think it was CRAP food, but she needed it, so we got it! :ying:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
bah... us companies making pet foods locally are just as bad. we've had us food companies poison & kill pets just the same, right here in the us. and just the same... they use meat byproducts & meat meal... in other words... road kill, slaughtered horse, eauthanised pets. people in the us make money collecting dead pets from vets & reselling it to the food companies. and their isnt really any way to check/stop it.

it isnt china, it isnt the us... the problem is our trust in corporations.

Pays to do some research, if you care about your pets, that is.

And I do.:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts