What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I got a puppy!!!

Hubbleman

Veteran
7 weeks old, pure breed Bullmastiff !!! :D:dance013::):jump:

Ive been eying pups and breeders for 6 month now, 2 month ago found a superb breeder and yesterday i went to get the puppy!! Went by taxi, then by train, then by car, the back by bus, and 2 trains. took me 15 from A to B to A.

But im very very happy with this pup.

I call her Eva. Nice mystical espoiteric and exotic name!

She is soo beaitiful, her face is awesome and when you look from top, you can see outlines of hind legs muscles and they are fit, the puppy is already huge (i can hear her tearing apart toys downstairs now hee hee) and shes got a lot of muscles on her back legs, shes gonna be superb guard dog..

Right i gotta take her out to do her business (toilet) and i will post some more when im back.

Hubbleman

Veteran
Scooby doo FTW!!

I love dogs, shes not my first, i love mixing all activities with dogs, walk, exercicses, rest, but most of all i love cooking and eating for / with dogs.

I just went out bought some fresh produce!!

Cooked a "Warm meal" for her! Used some brown bread, with some "wafer thin"chiken slices, then some graded cheese and some cucumbers. Added hot water, just a bit, put in oven for 3 - 4 minutes and then surved! She loved it :)

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Truest love there is!

She'll be your sweetheart and will protect you with her life.

Can't say the same of most people.

So happy for you my friend.

B

BOSCO

Awww she's a cute lil puppet, we all hope you guys have a happy healthy life together.

eva is cute! i love what you are feeding her(ditch the cheese though, not needed and can give her the squirts). The food they eat growing up is very important, and will help her grow stringer faster. for the first few weeks i made my dog grilled chicken, mashed (sometimes sweet) potatoes, peas and carrots. i was waiting until i could meet up with a guy i know that has his own raw dog food business called Rawhealth. it comes frozen in 5lb tubes, and when it thaws out it gets bloody. he showed me how they made it, and explained the reasoning for what they use. he basically wanted to recreated what a dog would eat, in the wild. the chickens they use are used with the bones. some of the veggies are the food a dogs prey would eat.

USDA PREMIUM chicken, chicken sweet potatoes, squash, parsley, alfalfa, and Icelandic kelp. 85% Meat, 15% Vegetables,100% All Natural.
No artificial ingredients
No coloring,
No chemical preservatives
No antibiotics
No hormones
No ground corn or grains of any kind
No animal byproducts
No fillers

one of the first things you notice when you change to this is their coat. it got much shinier and softer. if you can afford it, look into feeding you pup raw food. its also called B.A.R.F. Bones and raw food. i've been using it over 3 years, never had any vet issues (knock on wood)
we also get our cat the chicken and fish raw food, he loves it

as cute as eva is now, once she is potty trained, that makes life so much better

Hubbleman

Veteran
"as cute as eva is now, once she is potty trained, that makes life so much better"

Yes, she is no allowed upstairs to leather couches and beds right now, only when im sure she can handle herself without peeing - she pees every 1 - 1.5 hours right now, so i constantly let her out into the little garden we have in my neighbourhood right outside the house... but i am going to try and INCREASE time between these walks - first 1 hour, then 1.5 hours, 2 hours, 3, hours etc so eventually she will ony need 2 - 3 walks a day

As for good dog food, here we have a new company:
http://www.naturaldogfoodcompany.com/

That uses only human grade meat, im gonna order some of their food and see if she likes it. I intened to feed her 50 % dog food, 50 % what i cook and eat myself

As for cheese, i used graded chedar, high quality, its a milk product it is fine.... i only wish my cat would appreciate things like that- all she eats is king size raw prawns and premium cut of roasted beef ...

Thanks for kind words everyone!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
ME WANT MASTIFF!!! Seriously...I really want one. My boyfriend wants an English Bulldog.... :(

Take care of the "little" girl, she's so freakin' cute I could scream! Congratulations on the new "kid" lol....she'll be your best friend and love you like no other.

sounds good!
the potty training is easy as long as you are patient with her. it took mine 1 day, at 8 weeks old. she peed in my bed the first night. i made sure she knew thats not right, and took her out every 1-2 hours. she picked it up so fast, and i could even sleep in with her. once she started squirming in the bed, i knew it was time to get up and get her out. at 9 weeks i had sit, down, and shake going. i added speak, high five, and gettum a year later.

does she have that new puppy smell:)

Hubbleman

Veteran
Ohh yeah the smell.... very musky and toxic feel... i guess it is derrived by the immune system to ward off any decseases pup might come across...

Once shes mature i think this smell is going to be non existant...

Its my guess/theory puppies produce this, it is toxic to others but puppies are ok with it

Bulldog11

Veteran
Amazing puppy! She looks beautiful. I noticed somebody said she will be your best friend and will protect you with her life. Don't forget to do the same for her. Best of luck and enjoy your new best friend.

Nice! Normally at this point I'd go on a little bit of a rant about how 90% of people don't spend the time they should with their dog or give it the daily mental and physical exercise it needs, but it looks like you are in the 10% my friend :)

Pretty girl. I love bull mastiffs and Borebels. Word of advice. Feed her as high as possible. It will make it much easier on her digestion especially when shes reaches 25"+

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Hey Hubbleman, how bout some pics. It's amazing how fast they grow. I have a Great Dane and it's a wonder at the daily growth. Remember slow growth is best for the giant breeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts