What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Pro Bee Keeper here?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
FYI, Bees do not have Cannabinoid receptors, anyone that tells you bees are after Cannabinoids has no idea what they are talking about, I have seen them collecting Cannabis pollen on my male plants, but without Cannabinoid receptors it is not for Cannabinoids.

-SamS

troutman

Seed Whore
Bees like the pollen though. These are bumblebees on some guerilla plants I grew in 2017.
Compared to garden flowers which release very little pollen. Cannabis releases a lot and
every day the bees were feasting on it.

Good Luck with your beekeeping. :)

fetch

fetch

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I spent a couple years working with a beekeeper. I am familiar with most of the process and have helped him make queens and nucs. But I am by no means an expert. I would say my skills are bordering on almost competent.

There was not enough money in it for the time I was spending on it and had to concentrate my efforts back towards more profitable ventures. I would very much like to take it up again if I ever have the right place and enough time. And I should probably go volunteer some weekends now and then. Beekeeper still brings me 5 gallon buckets of honey a couple times of year.

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ I've wondered the same.

Every source of pollen affects honey quality. Until a beekeeper does it we'll never know exactly how it will taste.