Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking with your pets? Opinions? Share your stories?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking with your pets? Opinions? Share your stories?

Okay so, I smoke with my two cats on occasion. I usually will take 2-3 hits from my piece and just exhale in their general direction. I notice they get very cuddly and like to roll around on their backs and munch on cat treats --now that I think about it, this is no different from their usual behavior. (LOL) They are always very cute!

I'm wondering, though, if this could be in any way harmful to them? Like, to their sense of reality or of me? Is more than one hit one too many hits? I'm just curious. I don't want to be unintentionally confusing/causing anxiety in or harming my cats in any way.

Meet my female cat, Sandy:

and my other male cat, Bushes:

meow!
    my first grow

dont know if its bad for them...

my dog loves to smell weed... whenever i am smoking, he will come find me so he can sniff up the air...

he also loves to eat it, although i have read elsewhere on the net that it is poisonous for them to eat weed ... no negative side effects this way though, nor have i heard of any first hand situations in my real world

i also knew of a dog who would LOVE to eat stems...

Comment

they sure are some pretty cats..... grew up with a pit bull.... my fathers dog....my brother.....

he loved to smoke.... he just couldn't understand that sometimes i didn't have any.... than he would pick a fight with me.....

the dogs i have now don't like or dislike it.... but me oldest cat has a lifesaver male in the veg box i pull out for her every night while i mix nutes and she chomps on it..... if i don't pull it out she screams at me.... if i'm not paying attention the bitch will end up in the flower box while my back is turned.....

in fact.... she's hung with me for 14 years this girl...she's in my lap right now.....
      "........just to recap ..........i come in peace ...i mean you no harm ...and you all will die .......Galaxar out!"

Comment

I used to shotgun my dog occasionally, but his scent glands are 100x as sensitive as mine so I decided why risk it.
        Grow Security Thread
        OverGrow Grow FAQ

Fireproof Your Grow

sigpic

"It is wise to study the ways of one's adversary." - The Hunt for Red October

Comment

I don't think it wise to smoke up your pets,second hand smoke, different metabolisms and all.

Good to grow !

Comment

I think it's strait to give your dogs big spoonfulls of hash every now and then but i wouldn't smoke them up. (I've never tried and would have no idea what feeding a dog hash would do)
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....56#post6844456

Comment

My dog always comes and finds me when she smells it. She's not really eager about it until I put it out though. Then she gets feisty and wants the roach. I dunno why she likes em but it beats leaving a paper trail!

Comment

Good point, Islandbud. I have considered that because they are smaller that directing smoke at them might not be the best idea, but honestly, I see nothing wrong with them hanging out in the same room as me while I am smoking.
                my first grow

Comment

Tried to blow smoke at my cat once, the cat flipped out and dashed away. Lesson learned.

Comment

while my cat doesnt like smoke .. he keeps a lil distance when i smoke ..
                    he loves to bite at my plants whenever he can get a touch

Comment

lol! My cat would totally munch on my plants if she could reach them! When I'm watering or checking on my plants she will come sit by my feet and watch.
                      my first grow

Comment

Actually my old cat loves to munch my greenhouse girls and I've resorted to a catnip garden to deter him.

Good to grow !

Comment

don't let your pets smoke , smoke is very un healthy and their lungs are small and more sensitive
                          http://hgcacademy.com/
                          Home-Grown Cannabis Academy!
                          Safe, Responsible & Cost-Efficient!

Comment

my iguana will never be the same again

Comment

I should see if my cats enjoy catnip. I think I have tried to give them catnip infused toys before, though, and they payed no attention to them. lol. It was like, 'paw--paw' ... then they walk away unamused and give me "that look".
                              my first grow

Comment

Working...
                              X