What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

A

arcticsun

soulfly22583 said:
I see what your saying.. I have always found the religous aspect of metal and the influence it has cast to be fascinating.. Norweigan black metal is something I constantly find myself reading about in complete amazement.

norwegian black metal, well i dont really want to go into that, as it is an abomination, but i can tell you this much.

as i said before the secret to all religion and to all of this, including the lodges that everyone seems to fear nowadays, and about norwegian black metal. yes everything you hear about it is true, but they are truely idiots and they do not know god or they would not worship the devil. the truth about jesus and all the lies you have been told is in the history of the scandinavian people. the tribe of dan, the judges that has come to bear sentence on you.

about the goths, they destroyed civilisation in the 4th century when they invaded and corrupted rome. since that day there has been no justice in the world. thats when evil overcame good, now evil will fulfill its cycle and good will start its again. what we see now is the completion of corruption. good men turn bad. this is the bible is figuratively speaking of when saying that jesus took the sins of man on his shoulders. only the story goes deeper, and i must not simplify now.

i speak as if i am some sort of religious freak. but i bear the name of a well known dinner guest in a well known story, and i have always been told that the name suits me too well.

there is much much much more and 5000 years of human history is portrayed in the metal music. which is written by people that doesn't understand religion. that is what you must know when diving into this. they just dont get it. religion is today a negative word, used to portrait ignorant people, when it is in reality the wisdom of the ages, and there is nothing unknown or mysterious about it or about the thing we call god. i finally see that now.

Greyskull said:
what was the name of the band where the singer killed the guiatar player and ate his brains? norwiegians death metal for sure....

It was singer killing himself, guitar player making necklace of skull pieces (the eating of brains was BS), then the guitar player was killed by the bassist. It was Mayhem though. :)

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
hello articsun, would you provide us with some external links that contain more information along the lines of what you have been presenting here? thanks.
peace

alright, all other things aside..... posting a link to download the bible is the most NON metal thing ive seen in the metal thread! (stryper comment is off the hook for now) less god, more satan. less preachy, more smashy. jam some hatebreed and get over it.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don Dump said:
Danzig is fucking amazing live, I seen him a couple weeks ago.
we got there late and missed moonspell, but got to see dimmu borgir and danzig. it was an awesome show. danzig was killer, that guy can really sing :headbange

Yep just seen Danzig here in Michigan.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
hello articsun,
so basically you are some kind of crypto-anti-semite?
unluckily for you, i have been studying the bible for a while now, amongst tons of other similar texts; and who you describe as comming from the middle east and then going on a diaspora are the semitic tribes names as the 12 tribes of Israel... please do not tell me you read up on info "channelled" down and shit? :biglaugh:

Paz

okay... getting back to the Metal I will name some bands I enjoy.

i love The Melvins, theyre one of my favorites time and time again. Bullhead and Houdini are sooo great. Plus all their other stuff

St. Vitus- another one of my alltime favorites. That first self titled LP stays in rotation

Blue cheer- not quite metal prehistoric/proto..w.e u wannna call it. Soo heavy and feedback laced its delicious.

Witchfinder General- Great Band with a great sound and theyre album covers are excellent.

Scorpions- I enjoy their earlier years with Uli Jon Roth. My favorite album of theirs is
"Virgin Killer", and the title track is a personal anthem I'd Love to blast while speeding in my GTO (one day lol).

Winter- Another one of my faves. They have that nice heavy doomy sound with death metal style vocals. Guess thats why its called death/doom lol. Great combination. Into Darkness and the Eternal Frost EP are really good.

Motorhead- Another great classic band I didnt see anyone mention, their shit will always have a place in my heart.

Diamond Head- YEAH!

Acid King- The band named after that long island acid eating, sabbath playing murderer cuckoo. I like most of their albums. Lori & co. consistently deliver the heavy.

Electric Wizard- Another good band I enjoy in thats kinda similar to Acid King but much sludgier at times. Dont really mention one band without mentioning the other.

Anyways those are some jams ive been grooving to lately. Perfect music to smoke out to and lose your brain for a little while.

oh yeah and noone mentioned EyeHateGod, thats another good band i enjoy listening too. vocals are really intense. Maybe too intense if you want to mellow out. But i love it when im in the mood.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
articsun,
um... now that I have re-read your posts, it was I who mis-read and thought you were hinting that the tribes that migrated north are responsible today for tons of the bad-vibes going around...
I can see where you are comming from; and again, let me ask you if you have any outside links with information regarding specifically the connection between metal as a music and what you were speaking about.
thanks.
Peace

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
hello again articsun, you have captivated my imagination now, specially since I am a Tolkien reader, so several years ago I got around to reading some of the Eddas, both minor and mayor.
I have known of Thor Heyerdahl for a while now, I saw one of his documentaries where he sailed from Peru I think, to pacific islands using only native south american sailing technologies prior to colonization by the spaniards. very interesting indeed... have you ever seen a documentary named Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken (sp?)...

much peace

edit: whatever happened to your last post?

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Ok, fair enough man, thank you for the link, will check it out for sure, you are welcome to pm anytime you want.
much peace and light
paz

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Where are you all at! Come on guys, lets get some music in here =)

I have been drinking wine for the past 2 hours and just found my metal playlist (hehe) and am now posting and headbanging to some "Fight Fire With Fire" by Metallica.. such a CLASSIC song of the ability of that band.

"FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE... THE ENDING IS NEAR
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, FIGHT!!!!"