What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

METAL!!!!

Pactivist

Metal eh? I will give metallica credit for saving our asses from glam rock hair bands, but not much more. I far prefer all of the following to Metallica,
Megadeth
Ministry
Celtic Frost (Larry LaLonde from Primus was in this band)
Sacred Reich (Wily Arnette - highly underrated guitarist)
Slayer (fuck yeah!!)
Accept
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
and a shit load more that I can't think of right now,
as for newer shit:
Disturbed
Drowning pool
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Korn (gotta love the tuning if you happen to play)
Hellyeah
and a bunch more also,
The thing I'm listening to most? Well believe it or not - this old fart is sitting here right now listening to Cream, yes Cream, but I think that Grim Reaper is the next CD on the changer so we should be OK.
peAce,
pacT

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Danzig, Samhain, Misfits is what Im all about. I love old Slayer. "Seasons in the Abyss" is one of my favorite records of all time. "South of Heaven", and "Reigning Blood", are the sh*t!!!

However I bleed Danzig.

mdanzig, nice to see you pop your head in here. Lately, ive been blaring some Amon Amarth. got to get into the Halloween spirit hehehe

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
RIP Dimebag....

i got some pantera art drilled on me, i definitely enjoy their music and im pretty sure everyone else has listed just about all the other bands that i listen to, i think i have around 17,000 songs right now... and still no where near all the music that i want in my collection... always interested in new talent in metal.

just wanted to drop in and say hello to you all, and hope all is goin well with you

buckeye great to see you around man, we will have to catch up on life and all that, and rock on to everyone else too that i didnt mention, take care..

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
Danzig is fucking amazing live, I seen him a couple weeks ago.
we got there late and missed moonspell, but got to see dimmu borgir and danzig. it was an awesome show. danzig was killer, that guy can really sing :headbange

A

arcticsun

metal is gothic music in disguise

The Goths (Gothic: gutans, Gutans) were East Germanic tribes who, in the 3rd and 4th centuries, harried the Roman Empire and later adopted Arianism. In the 5th and 6th centuries, divided as the Visigoths and the Ostrogoths, they established powerful successor-states of the Roman Empire in the Iberian peninsula and Italy, respectively.

i am glad you honor your masters, as you will do so for quite some time.

snap out of it please

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
arcticsun said:
metal is gothic music in disguise

The Goths (Gothic: gutans, Gutans) were East Germanic tribes who, in the 3rd and 4th centuries, harried the Roman Empire and later adopted Arianism. In the 5th and 6th centuries, divided as the Visigoths and the Ostrogoths, they established powerful successor-states of the Roman Empire in the Iberian peninsula and Italy, respectively.

i am glad you honor your masters, as you will do so for quite some time.

snap out of it please

Thanks for the info.. but the snap out of it please? what do you mean by that?

soulfly22583

Veteran
okay fuck it.. this thread has lost me for the night.. ill check back in tomorrow when hopefully I can actually understand WTF is going on =)

A

arcticsun

i think you will go see what the goths were about now.

and next time you listen to metal you will really enjoy it.

the socalled vikings my friend were enlightened, they had the knowledge but no fear of it. its a spiritual term. have you heard that expression? the vikings had no fear?

the goths got some of the knowledge and feared it, and the fear spread. that is what the gothic music does, it spreads the fear.

i guess your avatar tells me that you are interrested in this stuff so you do not think that i am some sort of apocalyptic freak. this is local history where i come from just know that for one thing.

in the history of these people is the truth about all religion, and a whole lot of other things and the people that rules the day in your life and the fear in your hart.

metal was the first clue to take you on this distinguished latter to this knowledge. not everyone climbs it.

soulfly22583

Veteran
arcticsun said:
i guess your avatar tells me that you are interrested in this stuff so you do not think that i am some sort of apocalyptic freak. this is local history where i come from just know that for one thing.

in the history of these people is the truth about all religion, and a whole lot of other things and the people that rules the day in your life and the fear in your hart.

metal was the first clue to take you on this distinguished latter to this knowledge. not everyone climbs it.

I see what your saying.. I have always found the religous aspect of metal and the influence it has cast to be fascinating.. Norweigan black metal is something I constantly find myself reading about in complete amazement.

G

Greyskull

what was the name of the band where the singer killed the guiatar player and ate his brains? norwiegians death metal for sure....

G

Greyskull

Mayhem - thats the one. Thanks.
I remember reading about them in Guitar World back in like 92/93.
fucking crazy man!