METAL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

METAL!!!!

since i saw the new music forum, i figured id start a new thread.

Metal. Its fast. Its brutal. We love it.

That about sums it up... I know you metalheads are out there, ive seen you in the "what are you listening to" thread. Hopefully, this will be the place we can sound off about our favorite atrists and share some killer tunes. i didnt want to be presumptuous and call this the "official" metal thread......

now for some sweet tunes.

Check out some friends of mine, they call themselves skank. Even though its a myspace, they arent your typical myspace crap. PhenoMenal can attest to this. myspace.com/skankmusic id like some feedback if possible

Keep it brutal
    ~~Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!~~

Quoth the Raven...Smoke some more!

Proud Member Of The Most Bong-Rattlin' group on IC The Heddy Metalheads!
    Founder of the IC Fight Club

i love rammstein....went to a concert when i was 32 with my older daughter and was blown away by the german mofos.....the whole stadium was like one breathing, moving organism.....we did some lsd before and i think i pissed all over myself from the pleasure i received in watching them do their thing

Comment

disturbed, godsmack, tool, mudvayne, ect.

give this old dude a pit....

Comment

aHH METAL
        brings back memories of youth.I'll mellowed with age but have seen some radical gigs
        saw Iron Maiden when Di anno was their singer back in 84 or so
        seen Slayer on the Reign in blood tour
        saw misfits,circle jerks,flotsam and jetsam ,judas priest multiple times,danzig multiple times,Kreator--they were blazin--Voivod---smoked some of my homegrown with Piggy at a gig.Will check thru my old tickets and get back with more.Couldn't take those moshpits nowdays though
        ....I have seen the dark universe yawning
        Where the black planets roll without aim,
        Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name....

Nemesis

Comment

ok guys, there was a similar thread somehwere in the forums... posted a similar list, here is a list of some of my favorite metal albums, in no specific order:

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
          Sepultura - Arise
          Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
          Pantera - Strength beyond strength
          Suffocation - Pierced from Within (this album is simply unmatched in terms of thickness)
          Therion - Secrets of the Runes
          Death - Individual Thought Patterns
          Testament - The New World Order
          Metallica - Ride The Lighting
          Metallica - Master of Puppets (everything else besides those two albums is kinda gay except and justice for all)
          Megadeth - Rust in Peace
          A.N.I.M.A.L - fin de un mundo enfermo (argentina)
          Messuggah - None
          Messuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
          Noxious - Grotesque Death (venezuela)
          Masacre - Sacrilegio extremo (colombia)

surely forgetting a few...

Peace!
          "spread a little love and let the blessing go around..."

...so what u rep don?

Comment

tool man...that's all I gotta say. give me some of that orchestrated metal. delicious.
            I was wonderin if I might have been somebody other than myself.

Comment

Comment

Hell yeah I love metal!

I get down with...

dying fetus (deathmetal
                skinless ****(death metal
                system of a down
                tool
                moonshine (local
                wake up on fire (local

ect...

I enjoy almost every genre except country
                Last edited by Collie Man; 06-24-2008, 07:15.
                E O T O

Comment

huh??? Tool is metal ???
                  Last edited by PhenoMenal; 06-24-2008, 07:56.
                  "My job, my mission, the reason I've been put onto this planet is to save wildlife, and I thank you for coming with me" - Steve Irwin (1962-2006)
                  Eeeasily make your own COLLOIDAL SILVER to make your own FEMINISED SEEDS!
                  My DIY Thin Layer Chromatography @ home [link]

Comment

ive been listening to a lot of killwhitneydead - their use of audio samples in the music keeps me coming back. Pretty brutal break downs.

Im looking forward to the new Behemoth album - anyone else into them?

ow and to any Sepultura fans - mad respect

"My dads been stealing my weed since i was eleven."-chubbynugs
                    Comedy and herb - two of my favorite pasttimes in one place... I <3 IC Mag
                    fire it up...

The fact that I pay taxes and contribute to society should be more than enough reason to allow me to smoke marijuana - denying me that right is cruel and unusual, and damn close to being a controlling government, not a controlled government. - j.

"Man is Obsolete" - every day I watch the news and I feel this is more and more true... (Fear Factory)
                    i'm the one without a soul i'm the one with this big fcuking hole - no new tale to tell twenty-six years on my way to hell - - - [Wish - NIN]

Comment

New Behemoth tunes? i gotta hear that shit!

lets see.... should i make this post about newer metal or older metal? i think we should start with some respect to the old school.

King Diamond
                      Sabbath
                      Iron Maiden (saw them live twice)
                      Motorhead (front row '04 tour)
                      Yngwie Malmsteen
                      ~~Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!~~

Quoth the Raven...Smoke some more!

Proud Member Of The Most Bong-Rattlin' group on IC The Heddy Metalheads!
                      Founder of the IC Fight Club

Comment

was a big metal fan in my teens (maiden, ACDC, Saxon, Black Sabbath etc)
                        but as I got older I mellowed out a bit and got more into rock and acoustic's
                        now my son is playing with bands he's into metal (Pantera, Lamb of God etc)
                        so the metal thing has come full circle so to speak, though his metal is a bit more thrash than what I was into
                        Fly On My Sweet Angel
                        Williamina Queen, 26.5.43 - 22.3.06

shine on 11/07/06

"Like Rick, I don't find it easy to express my feelings in words, but I loved him and will miss him enormously".David Gilmour Monday 15th September 2008

Gypsy is finally Free

Comment

im old and my world is still full of metal among all other nice music. damn i miss pantera(rip dimebag). tool are great(especially on shrooms) and so is kyuss and sabbath
                          .^???®??S ?®Ø? ?£??

Click the gif to learn much more about HFH:

Comment

Im with you Esbe - I miss Pantera and still celebrate Dime's life as often as I can. I have to explain to lots of bartenders what a Blacktooth Grin is =)

"My dads been stealing my weed since i was eleven."-chubbynugs
                            Comedy and herb - two of my favorite pasttimes in one place... I <3 IC Mag
                            fire it up...

The fact that I pay taxes and contribute to society should be more than enough reason to allow me to smoke marijuana - denying me that right is cruel and unusual, and damn close to being a controlling government, not a controlled government. - j.

"Man is Obsolete" - every day I watch the news and I feel this is more and more true... (Fear Factory)
                            i'm the one without a soul i'm the one with this big fcuking hole - no new tale to tell twenty-six years on my way to hell - - - [Wish - NIN]

Comment

Defiitely glad that there is a Metal thread here... I am a metal head at heart...its what made me start playing guitar to begin with...I think Master of Puppets was the album that really made me want to pick up a guitar and wail!!

Well lately, Ive been a bit dissapointed on the Metal scene in general, but there still is some great stuff coming out... Here are some of my favorite Metal bands of today or Yesterday...

World Under Blood - Give these guys a listen! myspace.com/worldunderblood
                              Mastadon
                              Unearth
                              All That Remains
                              Shadows Fall
                              Between the Buried and Me
                              Black Label Society
                              Metallica
                              Pantera
                              Slayer
                              Kyuss (maybe not traditional metal, but they are KINGS of Stoner Metal!!)
                              Overkill
                              Iron Maiden
                              Death
                              Malevolent Creation

gotta love the Metal!!

EDIT: Soulfly and Esbe...I miss Dime like crazy too!! No-one tore up the fretboard like he did....and man what a genuinely nice guy...Blacktooth Grins all around!!!

Also Esbe...Kyuss is damn good anytime...Mushrooms just add to the ambience...
                              Last edited by ConceptOfSleep; 06-24-2008, 12:38.
                              "Im sick of following my dreams man...Im just gonna ask where they're goin, and hook up with 'em later..."
                              - Mitch Hedberg (RIP):joint:

"Big Man, Pig Man....Ha ha, Charade you are..."
                              - Pink Floyd :rasta:

Concept's Coco Cabana!
                              About to Flower: 3 (SFV)OG Kush x Double Purple Doja, 1 Blubonic, 1 Godberry & 1 Shiva (Fuggin mites are delaying me :cuss:)

Next Run: Not sure..Gonna have to take a poll. Something Dank tho, maybe Sour Bubble, Bubba Bx, DSD, and some Swt#3

Comment

Working...
                              X