What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Electronic Music Thread...

G

Dr. D., for Acid Techno

anything by any of the Liberators is great
most of the comps were great
Some of the later Eat Static albums around 1998 had some amazing acid tracks (Interceptor was the name I think)

maybe Club 333 had a comp?
they are usually the besrt way to find out about music none of your mates are into - I never bought any acid techno but my mates used to listen to it all the time

you might like some of the stuff by Surgeon, that is dark as fuck, and Vice too - that was more like dark Birmingham stuff if I remember right

Last edited:

Hell9

the lorax said:
if you had to recommend 3 tracks to someone who likes GOOD electronic music but is very apprehensive about most of it...

which 3 tracks would you recommend?

Never seen this thread before! Nice.

As for the above question, right now id have to say "Arpeggio" by Jackson adn his Computer Band for one. Great track, great album! Quite accesible for any one with an open ear to electronic stuff. Most people would be familiar with his 'Utopia' track from an ad on TV (UK/Ireland anwyay).

U can hear both those tracks at http://www.myspace.com/jacksonandhiscomputerband11

As for other stuff im into, well theres loads. Like loads of techno: Mark Hawkins, Michael Foreshaw, Berkovi, Vogel, Liddell, Neil Landstrumm, Neue Heimat stuff, Speedy J etc etc Also stuff like Boards of Canada, AFX, Venetian Snares, Chevron, Shitmat, DJ Scotch Egg, Ceephax. Loads of old electro, bleepy hard electro, hardcore, the lot really, as long as its good and not too up its own arse or cheesy.

Hell9

TheLaydeKillaz said:
yeah mate, electronica doesn't exactly lend itself to good live shows imo. Kraftwerk had the only origional idea in that respect... just stand there and try not to show emotion/movement.

I'm probably wrong tho...
Who's seen some spankin' live electronica?

I have! Ever seen Jamie Lidell do his thing live? (ive just jumped into this end of this thread so i have yet to read the full conversation)

G

Hell9, why did I forget that French talent! His album is about as weird as it can but it's also very familiar. Might be the work he did with vocals/speech. Highly recommended album! np tr.2 - Rock on!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
^^ ich natürlich :D

Hell9, Jackson and his Computerband rocks :D

Well, almost anything on Ninjatune does :chin:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
ninjatunes!!!! LOVE THAT BLISSFULLL DOWN TEMPO SKIP HOP!!!

im more into the experimental..idm if you will..hate it called that.... brain dancing ala richard D james....or AFX.... how about some subjex???www.bedroomresearch.com :joint:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^^^^^ all that music is freee and it falls under the IDM/glitch core side of things....its really new and trendy french crap....deff good things.....

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea we had subjex down here in tha swamp a couple times....danm that guys got most genres down..thats why i feel IDM has the edge on other music...its simply a scrap book of the genres, most tracks employ a little of this and alittle of that mentality

naga_sadu

Infected mushroom...(esp. drakul)

Astral projection...(esp. 12,000 suns, life on mars, mahadeva)

Cerebral...

DJ Tron...

Paul Oakenfold...

Goa Gill...

I remember when I used to be into Scooter. But not so much these days...

Mr. Credo...(not sure if it's "electronic" music tho)

Last edited:
G

Mine 2 i seen him in ibiza at cream last year bored the balls of me thank fuck Jon Carter was on in the next room.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Maybee it's time for an update :D

Stuff I just got that I can reccomend:

Cocoon Compilation :yes:
Johannes Heil - Freaks R Us album, also very good
Petter - Some Poliphony
Royksopp - Beatifull Day Without You (Rex The Dog Mix)
Kate Bush - King Of The Mountain (Radioslave Mix)

G

specialk said:
Personally there i seem to notice a lot of controversy regarding music genres...

For some bizarre reasons americans call trance "techno", why ? thats beyond anyones understanding... techno is a stand alone horrible "genre" of dance music

2004 and 2005 saw the birth of a new genre called electro, now its being played all over Holland, Australia and in some places in UK.

I am looking for some more of these "electro" albums now.

I already got Electric Summer by Cream, which is very electrish, and i also got rock da disco by cream as well havent lsitened to that one yet...

Speaking of which anyone ever been to Cream in Liverpool or Ibiza?

Anyways i LOVE good electro, its the new evolved trance. It's basically very electric sounding music with lots of funky vocals house beats and and trancy melodies. Good stuff.

Anyone knows any good electro albums?

From one of the other Emusic threads. To specialk:
Electro has been around from the days of Kraftwerk and maybe even longer and that is almost 30 years. You're propably talking about electroclash and that has been a little bit of fuzz in Europe since the late 90's I think, I'm not an expert on the subject.

specialk

Nah its pretty new, some call it "house electro" some call it "rocktronica"

Its all good party music and i never heard it before 2005 for some reason. Maybe it was underground before?

Anyhow, i just typed electro and / or trentemoller into my bearshare and it came up with LOADS of electro sets, *rubs his fingers* should be interesting

naga_sadu

While you're at it check out the following tunes by Mr. Credo:

Kalim
Devoichka iz Kazastana
Hash Bola
Mama Azia