What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Clash

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
I remember summer 1980, in a youth hostel in Berlin (West) we sang the song with american travellers, they had a guitar. And there is one other thing, the lyrics are easy to understand for a non well english speaking guy.

picture.php

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello poprocks, since weeks I think about the southern cali punk and ska scene, but the only band is a little bit commercial, No Doubt and Rancid, but I think theyre booth not from cali. Suicidal Tendencies maybe? But I am an older generation and am not sure about it, what was modern in your youth. Car Jam was a good posting, i like the Combat Rock music! Funny coincidence, judge Ginsberg died and Allen Ginsburg had his part on Combat Rock.

Hello 3snowboards, of course BAD are or were fantastic!

A inoffical BAD site where you can find some tunes

https://www.esmark.net/bad/bad.htm

Maybe a tip or advice, check out Ellen Foleys album "Spirit of St. Louis" she was the girlfriend of Mick Jones and the music of the complete album is from the Clash and the producer was Bill Price, the Clash producer. A kind of Sandinista light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_St._Louis_(album)

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
I can´t find it so quick, but anywhere of the sides before I had posted a link to the original mix of Combat Rock from Mick Jones, it was longer and rougher. What we know is a little bit more "pop".

dramamine

Hello poprocks, since weeks I think about the southern cali punk and ska scene, but the only band is a little bit commercial, No Doubt and Rancid, but I think theyre booth not from cali. Suicidal Tendencies maybe? But I am an older generation and am not sure about it, what was modern in your youth. Car Jam was a good posting, i like the Combat Rock music! Funny coincidence, judge Ginsberg died and Allen Ginsburg had his part on Combat Rock.

Hello 3snowboards, of course BAD are or were fantastic!

A inoffical BAD site where you can find some tunes

https://www.esmark.net/bad/bad.htm

Maybe a tip or advice, check out Ellen Foleys album "Spirit of St. Louis" she was the girlfriend of Mick Jones and the music of the complete album is from the Clash and the producer was Bill Price, the Clash producer. A kind of Sandinista light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_St._Louis_(album)

If you haven't heard Operation Ivy, check their stuff out. They were before Rancid and are real rough aggressive ska. They called themselves hedgecore and diving into hedges was a thing somehow. Good stupid fun back then for us. Never really got all that into Rancid, but they do have some great songs. All the Op Ivy stuff is available on a single disc (or digitally I'm sure).

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Wow, I´ve just heard the "Cut the Crap" CD complete in the car. I think the first time since over 30 years and it was really nice! Better than I thought, it was like as I heard the songs yesterday the last time.
One time I´ll never forget. In Winter 85/86 I was working in a hospital, had to start work at 6 o clock in the morning. I took a little part of an LSD pill and was droving with the bus to work, on the walkman the "Cut the crap" LP on tape. That was crazy.

kokomarin

Hermano,
This guys,did you ever lisening?
Minimal compact ,statik dancin 2019:)
They make my morning better:)
Like 35years ago:)

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello kokomarin, I just check the song on youtube, not bad! It could be that I know the song from the early 80s?