The Clash

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
picture.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe it´s interesting? The best 30 Clash Songs, voted by other musicians.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/the-clashs-30-best-songs-67075

Very interesting,,,
Really miss Joe Strummer,,,
Could really do with him in London at the moment,,
I love how Joe used to turn up at private housing development meetings in Ladbroke Grove and just blow the very rich poperty developers out of the water for not building any homes for the locals through the council so NOT only the rich could buy houses in Ladbroke Grove and Notting Hill Gate but normal people got homes too,,

RIP Joe,,, your missed',,,,s2:tiphat:

kaochiu

Veteran
Joe Strummer had a very close relation with Granada, he was a regular there every summer, he knew all the local bands and produced some, he felt very comfortable there, hiding from too much popularity. He could go to pubs and have drinks and stuff and be called Joe. Everyone local from the time has an anecdote with him, but as much as 10% are true. He often went to the Alpujarras area, south from the city, and a legion of english musicians followed him there.
There's this anecdote on the first time he arrived as described in Nick Hall's documentary "I Need A Dodge!". He was sitting in a bench on his own in this park in Granada, and there was this one-eyed street musican playing the accordeon. He looked at him and told him he looked like Joe Strummer, so Joe told him yes, he was. The guy didn't believe it and asked him to sing the songs he was playing, so Joe did, then with a second and the guy with the accordeon got it clear. Meantime there were a group of english tourists strolling by and they gave them some coins, telling Joe he just sang like Joe Strummer. He said that was the best present he ever received.
There's a little plaza in barrio Realejo de Granada, "Placeta Joe Strummer".

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
The Clash, Steel Pulse and the Sex Pistols demonstrating outside National Front Leader Martin Webster’s house in 1977

104422365_2985747428207149_3269942799476579376_n.jpg

White Beard

The last days I have heard all the remastered new CDs, SANDINISTA also, I love the triple Album, it´s a part of my life but ist very long. On Clash Wiki I found a promotional Album Version, only one LP. Maybe it´s interesting?

https://clash.wikia.com/wiki/Sandinista_Now!

Yes, a one-disc sampler from Sandinista! - affectionately known as “Sandinista’s Greatest Hits”. Released to radio only. Lucky enough to have a copy.

Latest posts

Latest posts