What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Live LP Album-Vinyl only please..

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Made in Japan seems to have made an impression. I might remember every note of Child in Time after the 30 years since my tape died.

When a band puts out their live album it's not usually their best - not the case with Foghat.

They still had it a dozen years later, inexplicably appearing one evening at the corn field in the exact middle of nowhere. Tribal boogie with BYOB, almost free blotter for everyone, and zero security - it's a couple levels beyond the Doors movie Miami concert scene. They soon fled with their guitars.

Live Evil

The selections we have considered are where something beyond words has been captured at an interesting time, something I'm not sure is in the air any more. The shirt was even better than the album cover. Sucked how Dio talks about film, no film.

RicFlair

Being from Rockford, I have some bias for Cheap Trick’s Live at Budokan album. And of course Frampton comes alive. But my favorites are Grateful Dead‘s live recordings and Bob Seger live in Detroit (this is where the recording of Turn the Page that they play in the radio comes from).

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have recently bought a turntable. Resurecting an old thread but my vinyl live albums that I really like are:

Made in Japan - Deep Purple
Live at Filmore East - Allman Brothers
Band of Gypsys - Hendrix
Johnny Winter and live
Bob Marley Live
Live at Leeds - The Who

:rtfo:

Wow..you must be my twin, just the albums I would have picked except! I never had any Bob Marley...but have changed my tastes since then and he surly should be included! Have all these and still spinning them! Cheers..DD