What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

resolution issue in windows 7

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hey fellers! I could use some help...

Got a new (refurbished) Dell desktop 15 months ago...Windows 7..
(I still use another XP computer strictly for music, CD's and DVD writing, and photo editing.. I just won't hook it up to the internet,)

Anyway, today, while my computer was on and I had left it to go do something else, it went into sleep mode (set to do that) When I came back and moved the mouse to awaken it, the screen lit up and my resolution had changed to 1280 X 720..
I have a 20 inch wide screen, so this res does not work.. I believe I had it set on 1680 X 1050.

When I go to control panel>display>screen resolution, the resolution drop down menu only has 3 choices, with 1280 X 720 being the highest option available...

Device manager shows my monitor as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor". I am using an Acer 20 inch widescreen that is about 5 years old or less...

Can anyone tell me what to do next to get my resolution back to what it needs to be?

Thanks, Bud

Edit:

Problem fixed.. nothing a good swift kick wouldn't straighten out.:biggrin: