What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need help picking out a new photo software

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I will be getting one of theese 2 swoftwares. eather the Adoby creative suite 6 design standard OR the Adoby photoshop CS6 Extended.

thx for ur info on this.

I figured that more people would see it here than in the photography forum.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

by no means am I suggesting you opened this thread in the wrong forum but putting it in the 'Computer' forum might be best, the computer software (softwear too) geeks are always checking in and always very helpful. ask a mod to move it if you don't get enough qualified responses here. best of luck.......

vta

Veteran
My buddy got tired of buying upgrades, so he now uses Creative Cloud. Check it out...

avant gardener

Veteran
what's your operating system?
and how do you feel about cracks and wares?
cs5 and lower are easy to pirate with OSX.
don't know about 6 or windows or linux.

anyway what are you using it for? if you're just doing photo editing, you will find most of the stuff in the adobe suite to be totally superfluous. just ps should be sufficient. and if that's too bulky, try adobe lightroom. apple makes a good "ps lite" called aperture too.

i don't know anything about gimp, but free is always good. open source gear just feels less evil too.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I bought me the adobe photoshop cs6 extended. woo hoo. I cant wate till I get it so I can start using it. :D