What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[CW: Linux Content Inside] rms and the fsf

Mary57

Well, this is just plain insane. Literally--and I'm a bona fide medical patient with symptoms of mental health issues. So regardless of your own stance on the drama, I ain't gonna flame, blame, or play the game.

The only reason I kicked Linux to the curb is because nobody in their right mind would believe someone who looks like me if I said that I had OpenBSD on my computer because I love Unix and can't understand the modern smartphone-centric internet. It's amazingly freeing.

I'm not an activist any more, I'm just a little old lady with two hobbies. If you notice a few red flags for mental health issues, I figure it's all good since one of those two hobbies is gardening. I'm obviously dealing with my red flags for mental health issues if you have no idea that rms means Richard Matthew Stallman, fsf means The Free Software Foundation, and OpenBSD is just another cool thing to learn about Unix if you happen to be as into Unix as I am.

But you probably aren't because most people think you have to have either Windows or Mac. I used Linux from 2004ish until last week, so I wouldn't know about any of that "normal" proprietary software user stuff.

imiubu

I am of the opinion that all humans suffer some degree of "mental health issues", it's just the nature of our species.
I don't know much about computer tech, just enough to get me into trouble most times haha.
I run linux on my desk top and on this old lappy... win7, sigh. Cell phones... meh.
I am nearly to harvest ID and will move OD to veggies/ herbs/ flowers in my cramped little yard.
Come winter though, I would like to delve into a bit more tech. I am interested to discover and explore
this Unix you speak of. Will do a quick search to familiarize myself with that in which you speak of :)
Free is well within my budget :D

davers

Thats interesting to check. I developer and ude linux during creating mainly games. In work I also use different saas services. Its good service for donations and money rewards for customers and coworkers. Lately it was incentive card by Tremendous.com which got some our clients.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts