What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

collecting records..almost hit the jackpot...

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been collecting records since i got my first lp for christmas, at age 13.Over the years ive found some great stuff, a few years back i found ...Bubble Puppy "A gathering of promises" .for a $1.00 a psych album in good shape ,its worth about $75-100.To date thats my most valuable "found" record that i came across.

Well today i almost hit the jackpot,at the Salvation Army..i found ..an Original ..The Chocolate Watchnband "Inner Mystique"....The record plays great ,but the bottom seam is torn on the jacket. An ok copy is about $300 ,and a copy in decent condition is $500-900 bucks.Well even though its got a torn seam ,i just wanted to share my excitment .Cause ive never came across one worth that amount .Ill enjoy it anyway ...peace:ying::artist:

Attachments

• chocolatewatchband.jpg
    chocolatewatchband.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 46

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
That Bubble Puppy disc is the shit... the first time I heard it I thought it was contemporary, sounds way more modern than '69. They did a great job of blending hippie country rock with proto-metal tones, textures and rhythms. Not heard the second one. Good scores, man.

My best 'bang-for-buck' score was an original mono 1964 Beach Boys Concert LP in dead mint condition, with the complete gatefold booklet, for $0.25 at the Goodwill. Only worth about $20, but it was recorded at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium... I lived less than a block away from the place in the mid 90's. Crazy to see all these pictures of my old neighborhood in a Beach Boys album. Rad album, too.

Fucking love thrift stores... where else are you going to find a completely unused 6.5K BTU window-mount air conditioner for $20? No mounting kit? No problem!

chemoboi

Well today i almost hit the jackpot,at the Salvation Army..i found ..an Original ..The Chocolate Watchnband "Inner Mystique"....The record plays great ,but the bottom seam is torn on the jacket. An ok copy is about $300 ,and a copy in decent condition is $500-900 bucks.Well even though its got a torn seam ,i just wanted to share my excitment .Cause ive never came across one worth that amount .Ill enjoy it anyway ...peace:ying::artist:

Lucky!

this thread is pretty old, but I C maybe you guys are still in here.
I'm a big collector for ~4 years now...

how much did you pay for that,
what's your source what to buy and what not?
I just buy what I like to listen to and the most of that are new releases.

Latest posts

Latest posts