What's new

watches?

shithawk420

Veteran
I have a Chopard 1000 Miglia Edition watch Sitting in the box this was gifted to me by my old Dad. Even though it is not a Rolex I can't seem to wear this watch because it just don't fit me...such an expensive Watch.
So I keep let her sitting in the Box hehe.

Ya know you can get bands custom fit if your referring to the not fitting you.if it's the style well nothing you can do.i don't like 99% square watches.not my thing either

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about 1 2 1 replicas? Anyone have any good or horror stories to tell. Sites like dhgate make them easy to buy, and they seem better than even the AAA standard of fake, and yes I know what a purist would say, but for occasional wear at an interview etc. ?

It’s a massive market and that’s before we consider
“ Frankensteins”,,,,,a 1-1 Rolex Daytona 500 ( ceramic bezels) replica would cost around £700 and Frankensteins can be thousands as modified reps can be,,,
Rep factories in China are also cloning the movement of some models ,,,,
,best have a good loupe and know your stuff if your gonna spend outside of an AD or a grey like Watchfinder because it would be so very easy to get ripped off ,,,

shithawk420

Veteran
You'd have to be an idiot of the highest order to mod a fake Rolex.thats so dumb I can't even fathom the stupidity.sooner or later a pro is gonna catch the fake.so stupid

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You'd have to be an idiot of the highest order to mod a fake Rolex.thats so dumb I can't even fathom the stupidity.sooner or later a pro is gonna catch the fake.so stupid

Shithawk,,,,they fit original Rolex dial, bezel,hands,,,clasp , bracelet and then replace the Rolex movement with a Swiss ETA movement,,,,very reliable and cheap to service,,,not my cup of tea but a whole Pandora’s box out there,,, s2

Green Squall

Anyone have any advice on how to get a scratch off of a watch face? I banged it against my granite counter top and its pretty deep. Normally I wouldn't care, but its only a few months old.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone have any advice on how to get a scratch off of a watch face? I banged it against my granite counter top and its pretty deep. Normally I wouldn't care, but its only a few months old.

Cape Cod ,,,,,scratch removal cloth,,,but only on polished metal not brushed,,,,,s2:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
That's a nice watch.unless I opened it up I can't tell.it looks similar to a sieko.or if it's really nice a Rolex seamaster.but icant tell.nice watch for sure.wind er up.

Actually isee what it is.thats a good diving watch and there's a reason they cost money.dont lose it diving bud! That's dial is actually for divers that time their meters.

El Timbo

That's a nice watch.unless I opened it up I can't tell.it looks similar to a sieko.or if it's really nice a Rolex seamaster.but icant tell.nice watch for sure.wind er up.

Actually isee what it is.thats a good diving watch and there's a reason they cost money.dont lose it diving bud! That's dial is actually for divers that time their meters.

Yes it is rated up to 200m but I wouldn't risk it - I have a brand new one I use for diving.

I have a few...they are all Vostok amphibias from the soviet years

shithawk420

Veteran
Those are very nice.im actually jealous.ive got my Swiss army but those are good watches.very nice can I buy one? I'm serious

El Timbo

Those are very nice.im actually jealous.ive got my Swiss army but those are good watches.very nice can I buy one? I'm serious

Sorry but none of those are for sale - there are plenty available on ebay though. Feel free to ask me about the authenticity of any you are interested in.

Or as Green Squall says there are new versions - I prefer the vintage ones though - and I always prefer the no date versions.

This is my new one - on the dial it says "made in Russia" as opposed to "made in USSR". The new dials are based on the vintage dials and the movements haven't changed. My new one is an automatic - the vintage ones are manual wind.

The Amphibia has some unique design features to keep it water tight - it actually gets more waterproof the deeper you dive.

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry but none of those are for sale - there are plenty available on ebay though. Feel free to ask me about the authenticity of any you are interested in.

Or as Green Squall says there are new versions - I prefer the vintage ones though - and I always prefer the no date versions.

This is my new one - on the dial it says "made in Russia" as opposed to "made in USSR". The new dials are based on the vintage dials and the movements haven't changed. My new one is an automatic - the vintage ones are manual wind.

The Amphibia has some unique design features to keep it water tight - it actually gets more waterproof the deeper you dive.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84889&pictureid=2095979&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I understand.it was wrong of me to ask.are they as good as a Rolex or Omega for diving? Just curious.i like to collect fintage watches.

Citizens I believe are the same more or less to seiko.both good watches for the price but I prefer seiko.i think citizens are made in Japan too.cant remember.either way you can't go wrong.

While we are on the subject has anyone seen a phillipe patek? I just saw one for 1.25 million.those are the rolls Royce of watches.i wouldn't even think of paying that if I was rich