What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any fav gig tickets from days old

streetvibes

hi just wondered if any one out there has pics of good old gig tickets .

Attachments

• tickets 004.jpg
    tickets 004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 41
  • tickets 002.jpg
    tickets 002.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 36
  • tickets 003.jpg
    tickets 003.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 35
back in 95 the dead were goin on fall tour and i figured i wouldnt travel so much this tour so i got tics for all 6 nights at the boston garden. then low and behold Jerry died the day i got my mail order boston tics i was devastated!!!!!!! so i had 6 tics to the garden and no shows ohhh yea i forgot to mention on the last night was the last show ever in the garden so on the bottom of that tic it read WERE GONNA TEAR THIS OLD BUILDING DOWN and i was gonna!!!i got in touch with GD tic sales and they said send the tics in and they will reemberce so i did. and a couple weeks later i got a money order from GD with the tics back all marked with a JERRY stamp and they also put a copy of the ulegey WAY COOL those tics are put away when i find them i will post a pic of them TAKE CARE ALL

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive gotta a neat photo album ,that ive saved all the tickets to almost all the concerts ive been to.Its somewhere aound this dump.The ticket pictured below i keep in the edge of a picture frame ,with images of friends and i gathering at festivals and events.It was from July 12,1990 .The Grateful Dead at rfk stadium.I was 17 at the time,and everytime i look at it ,it reminds me of that day and all the interesting stuff that happened.They produced a compilation video that has some footage ,of some of the songs that night.I remember them playing "Hey Jude" ,that was neat stuff looking at the reactions from the crowd.When i find that photo album ,ill make sure to post it up,for shits and giggles.....

I was just listening to that show RFK DARKSTAR yessssss!!!!! and I was there!!!!The MR Fantasy into Jude was awsome how they blended the two!!! COSMIDELIC!!!!!!!

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Dankness....Way Back When

Dankness....Way Back When

OK......I simply could not resist. Here's an ancient relic.

Allow me to set the scene....I'm living la vida loca, going to University in Hawaii. All my new found buddies are major pot heads and local scene grower's that I meet from living there. One of them, is an international student from Egypt.

He was from a well to do, connected family from Alexandria. He always use to tell us that he used to buy coals for his water pipe from the same store that Anwar Sadat use to buy his at. He would see him pulling up to the store with an armed guard, and Sadat would exit his bullit-proof limo and walk in to buy his coals for his water pipe, no big.....:)

My Egyptian buddy was quite the character, and an awesome backgammon player to boot. He always use to brag saying that he got the best hash in Alexandria from the Police Chief. We always use to give him shit about this story, so one day he got on the phone and asked his sister to pay said Police Chief a visit.

Sure enough, weeks later, right before the upcoming Santana Concert at Aloha Stadium, dude comes running into his dorm room with a large brown envelope.... postmaked international mail....from his sister....in Alexandria.

She had sent him an oz. of the most amazing hash. It smelled and tasted like cherries, really pungent and strong. I remember it being dark reddish brown on the outside, lighter blonde in the middle, and it was sticky & gooey, like silly putty. He said it was Turkish Hash. It just so happens that I scored some pretty amazing strawberry hash buds the day before from a local hoodlum buddy grower I knew on the North Shore The stage was set.

We're at Aloha Stadium. The Babies are the opening act. Then Eddie Money, the ex-NYC cop. It's getting dark, and Santana comes on stage and starts playing Oye Como Va with the hammond organ intro. We have a very special BFB - big fat barney- rolled & ready of the strawberry hash buds mixed with the Cherry Hash from the police Chief of Alexandria, Egypt... and we spark it up......:smokey:

This joint sent the dank meter into the red. Legendary. Such ginormous dankness up to that point in time,was previously unknown to a young drug/sex crazed male college mind. Forever more, it became a reference point for future dankness. I was certain Carlos & the band could all smell the fucking thing on stage.

I shit you not, everybody sitting in our entire section was able to smell that joint, glaring at us with envy, drooling to take a hit. It was that incredibly aromatic and sweet. Like I said, dankness so dank, it was off the scale, at least in our section it was anyways.....:bump:....at that particular point in time, in 1979.

Santana was awesome....:rtfo:...as was that dank ass joint......;) Take note of the ticket price on the bottom left hand corner.....:yoinks:

picture.php

Oye Como Va - Tanglewood - 1970/08/18 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIYAwd7dtZQ

RMS

:smoweed:

I'm envious of all of you guys! I am just 18 but definitely plan on saving all of my tickets in the future. The only issue is most of them are printed off of the internet now and don't have the "old" feel like I'd like.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I had some old Dead ones from Ticketron in the late 70's that cost like $6.50

I've got some from the Shoreline shows that were cancelled when Brent died- sent them back to GD Ticket sales (for a $$ refund), and they punched them and returned them.

I'll have to dig them out and snap a pic...

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stumbled accross this ticket today...Its special cause the odds of me getting to see this particular band were really slim.The band "Spirit" was a psych band from the 60's 70's ,with a whole bunch of hits thoughout the 70's .About 8 years ago,they just happened to be playing at "The Music Exchange" ,a place since closed down on sunrise blvd in ft lauderdale.It was basically a bar ,so your litterally 8 feet from the musicians.

After the show ,i was stoked cause i got original members Jay Fergueson and Ed Cassidy (bald dude) to sign my ticket.They played really well .And i noticed after the show that Jay was down the steps ,toking up ...

It was a really rare chance to see a rare band ......

The 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicus ...

was their most popular album...But their most popular song ,that everybody remembers is this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7qUw3cuYc

Attachments

• spirit.JPG
    spirit.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 35