What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOS I did something stupid!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At least you didn't pump a gasoline engine's fuel tank full of diesel (or vice versa).. Or add coolant to your oil... ;^>)

Besides, look at it this way; every mechanical foul-up is an opportunity to stay home, eat well, drink a beer, and smoke a joint.... until you pick a path and your job is done... With the right beer and joint, that might be days of rest and relaxation to be had. ;^>)

getting ready for work one morning, realized Sportster was low on gas. grabbed one of my dads gas jugs & started pouring. too late! it was used motor oil... so i did exactly what you said & took full advantage of bad situation. at least i didn't try to start it & suck oil into the carb & cylinders.:woohoo:

al70

Veteran
pull the return hose off the resorvoir and start the car, it'll empty in less than a minute, goodluck.