What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

N

noyd666

one of these sold for 38 million, sitting there rusting away.
picture.php

shithawk420

Veteran
OOPS! My bad! Was high.your right.I won't spout ignorance again.I'm a bit young to remember those beast engines.I'm more of a luxury car guy.I would probably kill my self with 500 HP and above

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I have owned lots of muscle, mostly mopar muscle.. I'd never/ever race one of them little jap cars on the street- imagine racing one n when u arrive at the next red light, he's sitting there already... embarrassing indeed, espec since his engine is a 1.6/2.2, and mine... 7.4... or larger...
them japs run, but could never buy one.. that high pitch whine , espec thru their single 'fart-pipe'... i'll stick with old Detroit iron...

No replacement for displacement!!!!

No replacement for displacement!!!!

Heavy Chevy. Is where I reside pic attached is my supercharged Big Block Chevy Nova. I can appreciate anything myself as just a motor head.

Attachments

• IMG_20170807_150705850.jpg
    IMG_20170807_150705850.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 81

jonesaa

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tuner or Muscle is the question?

I've had a bit of both during my time of car ownership... (mainly European cars with some American cars sprinkled in the mix...)

All time favourite car owned has to be my old '91 VW GTI with a VR6 shoehorned into it. This thing sounded like a Mustang GT on 'roids...

Favourite American car owned '13 Corvette 427 convertible. First car I bought when I moved to San Diego... raw 500 horses. Pure American Muscle. Didn't own this one too long... Terrible car to daily drive...

Current ride, traded the 427 Vette for a 2013 BMW E93 M3 Convertible. Smaller V8 (4.0L), much smaller than the 7.0L in the Vette. But something about ITB's and 8400rpm redline, mechanical symphony!!! German muscle!!!

[/FONT]

mayorofthdesert

in a week im going to fly to vegas and rent a uhaul and trailer to bring a garage and shed full of projects and tools out here to colorado. the big deal is i get my hands back on this after 7+ years separated:

mustangs2103.jpg

that was when i bought it, its all apart now but 90% of the money for the build is spent & a lot of the work is done. motor is built, suspension is done, time to get back to work...

oh yeah, i'll be getting my grow gear too, yay!

Earlmarne

Would a 62 coup deville count as a muscle car? Cuz that was a good rig. Got me an sti now and its about the most fun Ive had in a car

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
1971 Dodge Demon, back-halved 9", cage was 7.5 sec cert, 500" Keith Black/B1 water motor, stout 727. Now 10-1, milder cam, fogger, 3 1/2" mufflers, tag and insurance. Mopar KOS Street car. 1968 fastback barracuda, 416 10-1, built 904. Totally apart to restore - then I quit. 1971 Dodge Demon drag car, 540 Mega block/Indy 14-1, back-halved.

Yeah, F rice.

Latest posts

Latest posts