What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
TWELVE rotors. Turbo-charged - 50 lbs boost. 5400 hp. 11,000 rpm

205247_406153009422141_141030981_n.jpg

and a little more rotary action.....

376523_487613554585676_1265999440_n.jpg

TURBD

bring your tuners on ill stay all american muscle

95 GT mustang

351w EFI bored stroked balanced blue printed decked honed ported and polished to a 427 stroker motor 11.5:1 with 2 T56 turbos and a p glide trans
(turbo blue motor) 456 mini spool in a 9in narrowed rearend ebiach adjustable suspension all the way around we run outlaw class if anyone is wondering .....ive put away 8sec 68 camaros/novas/chevelles with this car on quiet a few occassions no tuner wants none i know that it will take american ford or chevy muscle to run with this pony did i mention this car is fully street legal and runs high 6's low 7's in the 1320 my next project is a 04 mustang with a big block 460 bored and stroked out dual 4's carb motor

I call BS. Running low 7's high 6's what's it got 2000+ whp?
My friends nitro Harley has about 1000hp and runs 6.2 and it weighs nothing compared to a street legal car.
I am still only on page 8 or 9 so you may have posted a time slip. I will continue reading. I just had to get that out of my system.

TURBD

I like any car that's tastefully built.
I have a 92 and 98 awd Talons both mild builds with 300ish awhp.
Gone threw many motors and trannys.
That looked like Lowell from RG tuning the pt cruiser??

gingerale

Veteran
I call BS. Running low 7's high 6's what's it got 2000+ whp?

Do you even know what an Outlaw car is? How much power do you suppose a twin turbo high compression 427 (on methanol no doubt) is likely making? On motor alone it would be 500 minimum, likely 600+. Add in 14+ psi and 1500+ is not hard to imagine, if he's running an aftermarket block strong enough to handle it. Likewise a Fox body Mustang is already a tin can with good suspension for drag racing, and can be made ridiculously light...2800 lb race weight isn't uncommon.

My friends nitro Harley has about 1000hp and runs 6.2 and it weighs nothing compared to a street legal car.

Harley motors and racing bikes have absolutely no comparison to four wheeled doorslammers with forced induction V8s...everything is different between the two.

TURBD

If some one said they were getting 3lbs per light and didn't show a pic of the buds you would probably question it.

gingerale

Veteran
Wait I just saw where he said T56 turbos...somehow my eyes skipped over that detail...now I'm confused because I have never heard of that model turbo. T56 to me is a transmission...

TURBD

Just sounds like a wish list. Sounds like he was just trying to start shit. He insulted every car exept some domestics. I love these guys that only like 1 or 2 brands, saves more for me.
That's like saying I only like white and Spanish chicks. I think all types are hot. Unless there huge and ugly.

supermanlives

Veteran
i have tuned in the muscle. runs so smoothe baby.413 kicking it now. might not be the baddest but its been running since 64. lots of others are scrap

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm done sinking money into vehicles only to wind up selling them to someone else . but i have done a few over the years .i've been a vanner sense i started driving .... bought a 69 ford panel van back then & was hooked .
One of my last projects was a 92 astro shorty conversion van . lowered 3 in the front & flipped the rear axle . put a 98 GMC nose on it & wrapped the bottom in a body kit . put in a EFI 383 stroker bolted up to a monster built 700R4 , posi lock rear & a custom duel exhaust . sweet ride .... really miss that van !!!
heres a couple pics .....
100_1360.jpg

Untitled.jpg

heres a shot of how bad my van obsession was :)
Untitled-1.jpg

supermanlives

Veteran
i am looking for a hemi. after a year or so i will then look for a body an frame. got friends in the mopar industry bigtime. got access to all i need to do the work myself on the motor. yeehaw. hemmings motor news for the real guys

DrFever

Veteran
i am looking for a hemi. after a year or so i will then look for a body an frame. got friends in the mopar industry bigtime. got access to all i need to do the work myself on the motor. yeehaw. hemmings motor news for the real guys
Nice or get a nice 440 will do the job :p

supermanlives

Veteran
i have had some sickass mopars . looking for something really light to basically just hold the motor. no more boats or heavy steel. i did the charger/fury thing and others. looking for a kit car prob.i would post pics but that would identify me as i come up on mopar and nash searches.

Latest posts

Latest posts