What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the gt4 as well, just hard to get unless you want to do a conversion, and I don't have that kind of skill time or money.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
AMS's most recent Alpha 12 numbers for the GTR...

1318WHP

9.05@166.66MPH!

60-130 time to 3.46 Seconds!!!!!!

I like WRX but I have a Volvo S70 AWD Turbo not the T5 though!! It is still fast!! I can go fro 40mph to 100 in the matter of moments!! It also has a bottem less gas pedal!Had her up to around 120 and that was fast enough for me but the car had a lot more power but drivin skills did not!!!!!

OhighO

I LOVE tuner cars. I am building my 00 civic si up AGAIN. A civic with 400whp is like driving a rocket powered go cart!! F#ckn FUUUUN

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I have an old 76 Pontiac TransAm. It has the 400 engine all original from when I bought it new. It's fast enough to scare me sometimes and handles pretty well. It's a typical muscle car and really likes to suck the gas.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

One high toned son of a bitch.......

hightonedsonofabitch.jpg

one more high toned son of a bitch.

ohtsoab.jpg

just decided what my next project will be, gonna find myself a desert dry '66 Toronado somewhere between Vegas, AZ & CA and do a complete restoration including a high hp crate motor for it. Nice thing is that these cars all came standard w/4 wheel disc brakes so the hardware & plumbing is there for stainless steel upgrades, go fast stop fast.

It shared a lot of body lines w/the '66 Buick Riviera which was its nearest competition for looks and similar performance in the day, of course the Toronado was always front wheel drive while Buick only started building fwd Riv's from '79 on. Toronado's were the cream of the crop.

Jay Lenos '66 has a 1070hp 425ci twin turbo motor in it, just mad.
113.jpg

I remember the day my friend Doug's father came home w/his brand new '66 Toronado in Tropic Turquoise like pic #2, this guy was the envy of the neighborhood. For starters he was an artist (painter) and a family man and yet this car just screamed playboy, my dad always drove a Caddy ragtop but I recall him going on & on about what a sweet ride that Toronado was. Doug wrapped that sumbitch around a utility pole 3 days after he got his license to drive, he was the joke of the day for quite some time.

btw, I wound up selling my '72 Cougar after finishing it in black instead of white, I tried CraigsList but got nothing but scammers w/the exception of one guy so fat he couldn't even test drive it because his belly was busy gobbling up the steering wheel, looked like some sort of weird Pac-Man shit, I'm a fat sob myself but had no issues there.......

HPIM3069-1.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

today it would be tuner.......

[youtubeif]c7q1Ry0udQY[/youtubeif]

that's gotta be one of the sexiest chicks alive.

pip313

Muscle cars all the way but that don't mean we can't borrow from tuners, I love fuel injection. In fact my project car is in the middle of a carb to efi conversion. The car is a 1984 ford t-bird fila edition I converted from 5.0 aod to 351w t-5. If anyone is considering a old fox body efi conversion don't forget that the dash harness will need changing too, I still havent took my dash apart as the last time I took one apart it was a 77 mustang and the thing just crumbled at the slightest touch.

As Carol Shelby once said horsepower sells cars torque wins races.

gingerale

Veteran
Here's some older pics of my ride a couple years back when I was still running the stock turbo. Since then I have done quite a few engine upgrades and the engine bay is much, much cleaner. I'd snap a current engine bay pic but I'm in the middle of a Borg Warner turbo install.

DSC_0272.jpg

svo_engine_bay.jpg

gingerale

Veteran
Tuner or muscle? My philosophy is, have a bank account and garage large enough for both. Not there yet but I have owned plenty of fun cars of all types. Some of the most fun I had was in a Isuzu I-Mark (a shitbox w/ 1.6L diesel.) I love big blocks just as much as turbo 4 cylinders. My dream car is a 66 Chevelle, or 69-70 Mustang fastback.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i think i will rep some japanese muscle....

575826_402187149818727_550270864_n.jpg

599459_402199056484203_1711723466_n.jpg

2000hp 4g63

lookin good gingerale!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts