What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I am in the process of deciding my next build.

It is either going to be a TT G35 coupe, or a Turbo'd E46 M3.....

Decisions Decisions....

El Diablo

I am in the process of deciding my next build.

It is either going to be a TT G35 coupe, or a Turbo'd E46 M3.....

Decisions Decisions....

not a fan of the TT to small lol the G35 and M3 are both nice cars see a lot them fixed up. cant go wrong with either

was checking out the G37 but decided on a Subaru STI Hatch later this summer. gonna be fun up in the canyons.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i thought this single turbo would be better than the greddy tt kit

img-169-1-large.jpg

g35_single_turbo_kit.jpg

until i saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4P-ZmKYvs

but i think you might be able to go farther with the single than the twin 18Gs before needing to upgrade... but im not certain
oh, my vote is for the g35 :D

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Yeah. I found one with 38k on the clock for a great price.

It's a automatic, but I am planning on doing a beefed up aftermarket transmission, even if I get a manual.

Looking to get into the 800-900 rwhp range. 4.2 liter stroked engine, Greddy TT, Cosworth Plenum, A Ti exhaust of some sort. Having all the work done at a very well known 350z tuning shop. Well known in the GT-R crowd too.

3829543020_606c9d067f_o.jpg

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
damn bro, livin' the dream :joint: let me know if you need a personal mechanic for your fleet lol

ArcticBlast

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Haha.

Yeah I pretty much work all the time, so I like to enjoy the ride in between.

Growing my own frees up a lot of tuning money. That 60 bucks a 1/8 shit is for the birds.

s13sr20det

Veteran
Yeah. I found one with 38k on the clock for a great price.

It's a automatic, but I am planning on doing a beefed up aftermarket transmission, even if I get a manual.

Looking to get into the 800-900 rwhp range. 4.2 liter stroked engine, Greddy TT, Cosworth Plenum, A Ti exhaust of some sort. Having all the work done at a very well known 350z tuning shop. Well known in the GT-R crowd too.

3829543020_606c9d067f_o.jpg

theres a guy in ATL that put a rb26 in his 350z.
350zz002.jpg

350zz009.jpg

shit is badass

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Here is one in a G35.
0701_turp_03z+infiniti_g35_coupe+front_left_view.jpg

0701_turp_02_z+infiniti_g35_coupe+rb26.jpg

I want to keep the VQ35, it is a pretty good platform, without having to do complete swaps. This is going to be a fast street car.

More of a sleeper than anything. I want a car with a manual transmission too. No tracking, just a trip to the drag strip, when it's done.

s13sr20det

Veteran
Here is one in a G35.
0701_turp_03z+infiniti_g35_coupe+front_left_view.jpg

0701_turp_02_z+infiniti_g35_coupe+rb26.jpg

I want to keep the VQ35, it is a pretty good platform, without having to do complete swaps. This is going to be a fast street car.

More of a sleeper than anything. I want a car with a manual transmission too. No tracking, just a trip to the drag strip, when it's done.

holy shit!
that is some serious boost!

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
My bad. 760rwhp is what this says. I think it was even higher after this publication.
The engine was built by GTM in Southern California, utilizing a custom stroker kit that brings the VQ to 4.2 liters. The rest of the build is very extensive. Highlights include: APS Twin Turbo, JWT cams, GTM / Arias pistons, GTM rods, water / methanol injection, all controlled via an HKS F-con standalone unit custom tuned by GTM. Now, I’ve left a lot of other bits out but what exactly does this amount to? How about 760 rwhp and 713 ft-lbs of torque.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/200...issan-420z-twin-turbo.aspx?CommentPosted=true

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I want the back of my G to have G420, instead of G35...

lol.

I actually like the styling and back seat that the G35 offers, over the 350Z. Here is a pretty cool way to do it. This one has to have airbags, not on my list, but cool.
tunedg35-368403.jpeg

ArcticBlast

Veteran
JDM_G35_RearView1.jpg

you should badge it as a 420 gt skyline, or debadge the whole thing :joint:

wicked car! and yeah i'd get the sedan because its 'different' lol :joint:
2694580367_069f0a6378.jpg

2584610191_c0cf90e601_b.jpg

2584609809_21a31f1316_b.jpg

ArcticBlast

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Too late.

I already have made up my mind on the Coupe. Going to pick it up today.

I used to drive sedans (E55 and CTSV my old handle), but I am into coupes now.

I need something RWD, and cheap to mod.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
well go back and get one of each! lol :joint: the coupe will be hot, too! i wish it was cool to post pics, it'd be nice to see your build! good luck dude

ArcticBlast

Latest posts

Latest posts