What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
This is a buddies car from Vancouver BC before he bought the racing engine from DCR. Stock block,custom intake mani, hand made tube turbofold, big turbo, meth,big I/C w. spray.
Plenty of big torque and HP in these motors just should have been AWD or RWD cars.
Any way reliable and streetable 4-450 whp is pretty cheap and easy on a PT/GT
Enjoy the dyno run! Summer 2010 he will be posting 1000-1200whp on the same car running a DCR 2.6 full race motor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DL8xKC9c4&feature=related

Thanks! That is insane. Cool vid. Not a big fan of those PTs really, but love ANY sleeper like that.
These are one of my favorite cars ever: Active aero, AWD, and still pretty good looking now days: random video off the web, but there are MANY good examples of the capabilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygpITbU5lA0

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
By the way, I did pull some leather/suede seats from a junk yard out of PT last year for a 67' manx style dune buggy. Huge Upgrade in seating! I was impressed by those seats (replaced old school fiberglass seats). I needed something small (still had to remove in seat airbags and reweld seat brackets), but those are comfy and sporty seats! Sorry you had to eat it, but thanks for the cushions!

Technique

Little detail.

but 460kw at the wheels, 4wd and twin turbo and a massive assortment of A/m parts.

sure you can work out from that :)

W

whiterasta

So I have added a big FMIC and meth injection and am now spiking 21 and holding 18psi. Will have to make a trip to the valley for some dyno time but am pretty sure i am making well over 300 to the wheels and monster torque. I live in a smallish isolated town on the oregon coast and there are some butt hurt mustangs, new camaros and a slough of hondas in town hanging their heads from being asswhooped by a PT
LulZ galore!
WR

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i like muscle cars but ive always rocked imports. had a 99 gsr integra, 90 crx, and a couple other things. i never raced or anything i just like the jap crap haha.

right now im rockin the 91 integra DA its my little project..black on black, gsr cloth interior, 5spd, bout to drop it a couple inches and add a stereo. im trying to keep her as OEM and stock as possible, i hate rice rockets. shes my little 25mpg commuter while im gonna get a 4x4 gas hog SUV probably a Yukon or something. I just sold my CLK430 that was a nice car but a little too flashy for my tastes plus teh CEL kept flashing on it..

Dr.Diddy

Love a well built tuner, but the new Camaro with a widebody kit and supercharged looks badass! seen one at the SD Auto show and was loving it. The Camro by itself, stock is great platform at a decent price, the upgrades are worth it. I am glad checy is starting to come around and offer great cars again. On the other hand a luxury BMW M5 is always money.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I've got an 11 hundred dollar piece of crap with a drop top. It's a Chrysler! Runs nice. 180K miles. When I bought it I could have ghotten a New 2008 Mustang for 26K cash. I need the cash more than a new car. Now if it was a KR model. Sold!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i still wanna get me a 2000 camaro z28 or SS, whenever we get them on the car lot we take out for "pictures" but really be doing donuts....camaros are bad ass

Last edited:

REZDOG

Veteran
Lessee....
I drive,among other things,a 200(*) ------------------------. ;)
+600bhp.
Forced induction.
0-60 = 3.6 secs.
No Nos.
Top speed is.... Ungodly.

Norrath

used to drive a TT z32 @ 450whp(17-19ish psi 94 octane) right hand drive, brought it in from japan, needed a lot of work, but cosmetically was a steal. Beat just about every non super car out there. favourite win was a convertible 'burgundy' db9 with girlies in it. wasnt hard at 1700kg+ occupants lol

though if i had to do it again i would go with:

03/04 cobra, respect.
fc rx7 with an ls1 swap. fuck rotary and its shenanigans.
01-02 audi s4 and do it up
04-06 wrx STi
and i would make every single one flat black. if i had REAL money, i would do up a 964 or similar aged 911 porch or just about anything out there, because ANY car can be fast. Just some can be faster with less money...

I legally race too so the car has to have substance, cant just be a go faster. Must also be well under 4000lbs.... an old sl brabus would be cool too
found a flat black pic stored in my pictures folder, yummy.
picture.php

edit - but these are pipedreams, next vehicle is going to be a (reliable hopefully) big diesel truck or 2002 + tacoma +money :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yup definately hear the pipe dreams..just not reliable and useful right now. if i hit the lotto then il build me that badass project.

untill then i neeed a good reliable 4x4 and a nice sedan..

HillBillMt

have bin lookin at the viper truck much like the one rezdog runs (ill see ya at the light fella), but the big block hemi is probly more in reach this year, seen a 2009 challenger with some rediculasly low miles on it priced under $37,000.. feul injected 426, whats not ta love there?

HHB :shooty::shooty:

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
Isn't the Viper truck old now? I think that those would be considerably cheaper than $37,000? Also, did they make those for overseas???

HillBillMt

Isn't the Viper truck old now? I think that those would be considerably cheaper than $37,000? Also, did they make those for overseas???

2004 ta 2006, made in mexico... even tho it has bin a few years, the value has held strong on these, currently the one im lookin at (it is owned by a client of ours) the fella is askin $$ 70,000, i feel thats about $20,000 to high but im sure he will see it my way soon, or even lower.... HHB

edit fer more info/opinion; this maybe another one ta break a mill at auction like the white on white BB hemi cuda that sold a few years ago.... :shooty:

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
That guy is asking about 50k too much.

This car will sell nowhere near what Hemi Cudas sell for. The one that was soo expensive was one of three I believe.

There were 8837 SRT10 rams produced. However, I will probably end up getting one at some point.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
HillBill,

Yeah, I don't understand. Are you NOT talking about the Dodge SRT-10 like the one linked above? Why do you think Rez drives one of those?