What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

OCdirty

Wonder whats gonna happen to the value of the Goat now that Pontiacs gonna be a name of the past ?

X

i've been thinking about thistoo, and I don't think much will really happen. Hell, I debadged my new GTO complete to AUssie badges :D

Very clean goat, and man I love that chevelle!

DankSide

nofront.jpg

stock turbo, 13psi, 230whp 223wtq

Niceeee. For 3 years my pride and joy was a 91 240sx dohc bumper with an sr20det. Coilovers, VLSD, 17's with the grippy tires up front and an open exhaust, so fun with boost.

I had so much time invested, then my idiot mechanic friend left my manifold unbolted to my engine and let me drive hours on it, also filled my car with non-synthetic oil! Not good for turbochargers from what I understand.

later we found my engine was knocking bad, traded it for a bone stock s14 and missed my baby ever since.

The 240sx platform is the best bang for buck sports car to build on IMHO. It is light and rwd, even if you go turbo on the original ka 2.4 engine, you will see impressive results with added torque as well.

Love those cars, tuner all the way but I'd love to have a big v8 in a 240.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I've got an Audi with the twin Turbo 2.7 V6 in it (30V) and AWD, 6 speed manual. Came with 4.11 gears stock! 0-60 in 6.0 flat, not bad for a big sedan. A computer swap pushes that from 250Hp to 320HP for about $600.

My next project car I want to build a pre-smog 240 or 260Z with an LS1 and a T56 6 speed. hehehe, wicked fast cars.

Y

YosemiteSam

Muscle...kinda

Muscle...kinda

85 Buick Regal...plan is to stick a Duramax diesel in it and turn the boost up...way up. It should crank our around 1500 ft lbs of torque...that's the plan anyways.

OCdirty

why not a T-Type motor Sam?

Diesel will be fun, i've always wanted to build another old pickup and throw a diesel in it

xcrispi

85 Buick Regal...plan is to stick a Duramax diesel in it and turn the boost up...way up. It should crank our around 1500 ft lbs of torque...that's the plan anyways.

I've seen stranger things done here in the Ghetto .
Crown Vic. w/ a v10 truck motor twin turbod .
low 11 sec. everyday driver . LOL

X

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
GT-R FTW. Forget 80k, used GT-Rs are selling for 65k.
te37-g2-1.jpg

Another car I plan on adding to my garage soon. used for 35k.
e08736ed.jpg

thc43

Veteran
nothing wrong with caronas we had a couple or rare markII coupes that where built ground up.

and on another note a mate has a jun tuned r32 gtr 1 of 500 built hardly driven (Fkn ex SAS) get the coin and skills to afford nice toys not to mention chance to go into extreme sport buisness teaches advanced drive/ shooting and body guard training for the peeps with money to burn. just traded the r32 only 2 in oz a few in south africa, sultan bruni and acattered around the place nissan ??? offered $50k trade in for a new r35. i think he will be disapointed the 32 pulls hard but aint a family beast.. \\ aristo TT for the taxi driver in all of us or a van for transporting our ladies.:2cents:

Muscle all the way.....60's-70's muscle is just cooler and classier looking then new stuff IMO, and is kinda historical and you can do pretty good at a reasonable price......

OCdirty

nothing wrong with caronas we had a couple or rare markII coupes that where built ground up.

and on another note a mate has a jun tuned r32 gtr 1 of 500 built hardly driven (Fkn ex SAS) get the coin and skills to afford nice toys not to mention chance to go into extreme sport buisness teaches advanced drive/ shooting and body guard training for the peeps with money to burn. just traded the r32 only 2 in oz a few in south africa, sultan bruni and acattered around the place nissan ??? offered $50k trade in for a new r35. i think he will be disapointed the 32 pulls hard but aint a family beast.. \\ aristo TT for the taxi driver in all of us or a van for transporting our ladies.:2cents:

I blew up a JUN Built b16b about 10 years ago.....sad sad day that was...

OCdirty

I've seen stranger things done here in the Ghetto .
Crown Vic. w/ a v10 truck motor twin turbod .
low 11 sec. everyday driver . LOL

X
best sleeper was a buddie in high schools early 80's volvo van with a blown 5.0 in it......was real fun out at the street races

G

guest3854

Mad respect to tha fellas eakin' out all that horse power from them lil' imports.

Me, I'm a muscle car kinda guy. Owned a '72 Cutlass S . Bad ass ride with a 455 gear drive.
Ain't NO other car with a booty like this ride.....

Steele

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
I've got an Audi with the twin Turbo 2.7 V6 in it (30V) and AWD, 6 speed manual. Came with 4.11 gears stock! 0-60 in 6.0 flat, not bad for a big sedan. A computer swap pushes that from 250Hp to 320HP for about $600.

My next project car I want to build a pre-smog 240 or 260Z with an LS1 and a T56 6 speed. hehehe, wicked fast cars.

I love my B5 S4 (Twin Turbo 2.7L) its slightly modded and puts a smile on my face whenever I get on it!

iVTEC

l_decb4b8b06dd01b5cc252be184181d2e.jpg

My old 2000 Si K20A2/6Spd swapped 12.6@108 ALL MOTOR

l_398a96dae8e302fef3d77d8925e5515f.jpg

My EG Hatch 11.68@113 ALL MOTOR / 10.67@131 on Nitrous

l_0bdb11eb3534c126d794d168f5b63840.jpg

I've got more , i'm literally a tuner . Thats what I do for a living anyway haha . If you need your Honda ECU CHipper or a dyno tune or any car for that matter let me know i'm proficent with AEM EMS , Neptune , Hondata , Electromotive as well as other editing / standalone systems

H

hazedandinfused

SO MUCH ROTARY LOVE!!!
i would post my 7 up but im scared

i have an fc its black and i love her had it for around 5 years!!

DRorganic

Veteran
one of my first rids .we where young when i had this car . it was the fire arrow a rally type car. it looks like the picture to a T .

picture.php

and i am now on restoring a 1992 Mazda b2600I 4x4 2.6L .

picture.php

B

boo

400 hp at 12000rpm may be fun but nothing compares to 900 hp and a ton of torque to boil the hides off the wheels...old school muscle for sure

Attachments

• railings 011.JPG
    railings 011.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 40
  • railings 013.JPG
    railings 013.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 39
  • railings 016.JPG
    railings 016.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 37

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
muscle no question for me.

EDIT- i don't know if someone said this yet, but, There's no replacement for displacement.