No announcement yet.

Tuner or Muscle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the east coast I have an s2000, s13 240sx, and a 72 datsun 521 pickup just rotting away. The s2000 is really fun, widebody, cup kitted (Coilovers but electronically height adjustable), lots of pretty knick knacks. The s13 was sr'd, 5lug/300zx brakes, full suspension/Zeal coilovers, etc. but I started parting it out after I gave the SR to a friend when his blew up. I've had about 8 240sx's, you could say i'm really into them.

I currently have an e46 m3 with a bolt in cage and full suspension/JRZ coilovers. Has a meisterschaft Ti exhaust, AFE intake, AAW reflash, and 63k on it. Car's cornerbalanced and fun as Hell! It was an impulse buy, I got it off a Porsche driving instructor/construction millionaire tycoon cause I know he always took great care of his toys. Now i'm trying to sell her...just doesn't work as being my only car, my roommate is going crazy from me borrowing his so much. I need something I don't mind racking up miles on, like a WRX,or a truck, idk. Noones been hittin me up on craigslist, lol I really just need to sell all my cars and start fresh but it's hard when you're attached and heavily invested into em...and most of em are 2500 miles away.

Domestics are cool though. I rebuilt a 76 Camaro, it was very fun. was a straight 6 3spd auto, burgandy, rusty, and beat...ended up lookin like a badass racecar, ram air, whale tail, z06 silver with sport red stripes, zz383, 4spd, wooooo!

Comment

As soon as you sell them, regret inevitably follows.

Just sold a SC300, because a good deal turned up. Now I am back on the search for another one. Make it look like this. Run about 500rwhp.

Your M3 sounds badass.
      Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 01-24-2013, 14:41.
      sigpic In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

Just sold a SC300, because a good deal turned up. Now I am back on the search for another one. Make it look like this. Run about 500rwhp.
        View Image

Your M3 sounds badass.

Thanks man, the m3 is a beast...it has race brakes too, saved my ass earlier! I might sell her to some stingy guy in SF tomorrow, supposed to meet him around lunch time...might tell him to suck on a lemon, dude seems like a lowballing prick. Trying to offer me $3000 below my listed price without asking a single additional question or even seeing the car when my listed price is already a bangin ass price. I know when I show up he's gonna try to talk me down even more...might have to take a baseball bat!

I have a friend a couple thousand miles away that wants to trade me his 240sx hatch that's got all the bells and whistles, basically a perfect true functional drift car with all the fanboy parts and $13k on top...but then I have to tow the car and blah blah blah. I really don't want to sell her but I could sure use a truck...that, and my s2000 is way more badass...I wish I could post up pics

Comment

sigpic In all my time, I have learned that the "key", is as simple as "dedication". When you decide that you are going to go for something, and you don't let anything stand in your way, you open the door for great things to happen. And once you have made it that far, after having known what things look like from the bottom, you may find that the view from the top, is that much sweeter.

Comment

too funny

get there while you can

Originally posted by Guest 88950
            you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"

Comment

German Cars' Among Worst For Engine Failures'

Just some food for thought...........all hardcore motorheads should find this article most interesting. I don't write them, I just read them.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...ngine-failures

Audi, BMW and VW ranked in the bottom 10 of a study into engine reliability :

German-made cars are not as reliable as many believe, according to new research. Warranty Direct has studied its claims data to compile a list of the manufacturers with the most reliable engines - and Audi, BMW and Volkswagen all finished in the bottom 10 out of a total 36 makers.

In fact, the only firm whose cars had a worse engine failure rate than Audi was MG Rover. MINI wasn’t much better, finishing third from bottom, while its parent company BMW came seventh from bottom. And, despite its reputation for rock-solid reliability, Volkswagen came ninth from bottom.

Honda scooped the gold medal – the study found that just one in every 344 Honda engines failed, compared to one in every 27 Audi engines. Despite its recent recall woes, Toyota came second and Mercedes managed to outperform its fellow German brands with a respectable third-place finish.

Duncan McClure, Warranty Direct Managing Director, said that engine failures are the worst for motorists as they’re the repairs that can lead to the highest costs because of the parts and hours of labour required to fix them: “The nuber of failures may be low compared to areas such as axle and suspension damage but engine repairs almost always result in costs reaching the thousands for motorists who aren’t covered by a warranty.”

An engine failure on a Range Rover Vogue recently led to Warranty Direct’s highest ever claim of £13,000.

Top 10 manufacturers

Manufacturer Failure rate (%) Failure rate (1 in x)
              1 Honda 0.29% 1 in 344
              2 Toyota 0.58% 1 in 171
              3 Mercedes 0.84% 1 in 119
              4 Volvo 0.90% 1 in 111
              5 Jaguar 0.98% 1 in 103

Bottom 10 manufacturers

Manufacturer Failure rate (%) Failure rate (1 in x)
              1 MG Rover 7.88% 1 in 13
              2 Audi 3.71% 1 in 27
              3 MINI 2.51% 1 in 40
              4 Saab 2.49% 1 in 40
              5 Vauxhall 2.46% 1 in 41

What’s your view? Do you think German manufacturers still deserve their reputation for building the most reliable cars?

High RPM's and Sour Weed,

RMS

"I used to do drugs. I still do. But I used to too" - Mitch Hedberg

"Politics is the entertainment division of the industrial-military complex" - Frank Zappa

"It now pays to blaze" - RMS

Comment

I just love a sexy ride, muscle or tuner. With that being said however, the muscle cars came first and I love all of them. I wouldn't mind trying a Nissan Sylvia, or Shelby Cobra. It would be nice to discover the differences for myself.

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419

The K.I.S.S. Method
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645

"There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even it's oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder"
                Alfred Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

View Image

Your M3 sounds badass.
                  I got it. 92' SC300 5 speed, 50,000 original miles. Never seen snow and not much rain for that matter. Mint!

Right price and it's yours.
                  Be Lucky

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Originally posted by Greyskull
                  Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy

Comment

I've been into tuner cars for years. Last project was a 94 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (ECR33). Was running a GT3076R, top feed rail with 1000cc injectors, E85, custom intercooler/exhaust setup, MAP ECU, and about $10k more between the rest of the motor, suspension, aero, and wheels. Was making 480rwhp when I sold her.

Current project is a 95 240SX (S14) with an S15 front end conversion, SR swap, full suspension setup, wheels, etc...

I've had friends into muscle cars and they definitely can be quite awesome, but tuner has always had a little more appeal to me. Pics attached of Skyline (gunmetal) and 240 (blue).
                    Attached Files
                    My Grow Journal - Updated Never!
                    Homegrow.co - Colorado Home Growers!

Comment

get there while you can

you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"

Comment

Originally posted by the_ginga_ninja View Post
                        I've been into tuner cars for years. Last project was a 94 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (ECR33). Was running a GT3076R, top feed rail with 1000cc injectors, E85, custom intercooler/exhaust setup, MAP ECU, and about $10k more between the rest of the motor, suspension, aero, and wheels. Was making 480rwhp when I sold her.

Current project is a 95 240SX (S14) with an S15 front end conversion, SR swap, full suspension setup, wheels, etc...

I've had friends into muscle cars and they definitely can be quite awesome, but tuner has always had a little more appeal to me. Pics attached of Skyline (gunmetal) and 240 (blue).
                        Pretty sweet cars man...I've gotten a few trade offers for Skylines but i don't wanna deal with the risk associated with one. Take the s15 front off that s14 :( s15 fronts belong on s15's!

Comment

TUNERS! Muscle and Euro don't do it for me.

Did someone mention Galant VR-4's? One of the ultimate sleepers? Look up sleeper on wiki and it even comes up...

I have a '91 (xxxx/2000) stroked to 2.3L with a MHI Evo III 16G. Completely built long block. Hoping to put down 300-350awhp. Got the new motor running in the fall and need to fine tune it, so it will be ready to drive come spring.

This is what it looked like when I got it home. Bone stock everywhere. The grille and corner markers have been changed. Headlights are undergoing a custom job. Fogs have been customized. Turn signals added.

Still needs lots of work. Yikes... Would love to meet some of you guys someday and cruise. Maybe even with Rez and his GT-R.
                          Attached Files
                          it's koopa bitches. think [box] think

M.U.R.D.A -> COMMANDRO

Comment

shit photo. nice and has grunt.
                            Last edited by noyd666; 02-05-2013, 01:55. Reason: cause.

Comment

get there while you can

Comment

Volksrods rule!

What can I say? All these kick ass cars you all have. Must be nice to afford the gas. Me? I gots this little vw bug. It goes. Sometimes it goes fast, and when I can afford the gas it goes far. Right now it goes nowhere cause I blew up the engine. Guess I went too fast too far. These pictures are kinda old, maybe 4 years or so, but the care is some what the same looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X