What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My art collection....

T

TheForgotten

Start with these 2 because they were given to me by the Budder King
Gold and ink on papyrus, from Egypt
picture.php

.caricature of Steven Tyler by Wallington circa 1997

picture.php

Asian bamboo art....
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

A friend of my father made this in 1959 while in the BC Penintentiary.... hammered copper sheet
picture.php

Hand carved African Amarula mask (from buying Amarula liqueur), this wood is so heavy it feels like concrete....
picture.php

Pan flute from Romania....
picture.php

T

TheForgotten

Wood and rubber Harley Davidson
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

This is a stone from & carved in Africa, 3 of the plains animals from one piece of rock, this i would call a masterpiece.
picture.php

Limited edition prints wrapped in cellophane....
picture.php

Antique photo of Indiginous coastal BC, Canada - B-Say-Tah
picture.php

The Contented Man print
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TheForgotten

In 1974 the Allies wanted to show tha Russia was on our side (this was near the end of 'the Russians are coming' propaganda), and a Russian submarine visited Canada, it docked in New Westminster and as a proud Ukranian-Canadian my father took me on the public tour.
During the tour my dad hear some of the crew speaking in Ukranian so he teasingly answered to them in Hunky (lol) they were so happy someone so far from home could speak their native tongue that one of the officers invited the two of us to eat with them in the galley, and upon our departure the officer and my dather exchanged watches. It sat in a drawer for 43 years until my father gifted it to me, and i had it serviced.
picture.php

Maggotbrain

Nice Art

Nice Art

Damn Forgotten, You've got some beautiful stuff. I like the paintings of the bridge and the building. Who did them?

TheUnknownGrowe

I guess I’ll have to repost those pics….
Here’s a nice piece, W.E. Farmer, 1926, it’s painted on cardboard (even cardboard was better back then) from an oil case, Mt Fuji if I’m not mistaken

Attachments

• A636843F-DE1B-46E6-B8C9-33BACC74B8CB.jpeg
    A636843F-DE1B-46E6-B8C9-33BACC74B8CB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 193BA33A-8D9E-43B8-84BB-08D70AB9E501.jpeg
    193BA33A-8D9E-43B8-84BB-08D70AB9E501.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

AnnabelleDay

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your art collection with us! The first piece is gold and ink on papyrus from Egypt and the second is a caricature of Steven Tyler by Wallington from 1997. Both are absolutely beautiful, and it's clear that you have a great eye for art. I also love the Asian bamboo art - it's so unique and intricate. I painted a similar one by painting by numbers, and I really enjoyed that activity. Thanks again for sharing; I can't wait to see more of your collection!

Last edited: