What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Branding & Design

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to update this thread with some work that I'm doing with a designer for the cannabis culture. If anyone else would like to comment with designs I'd like to see them

Our most recent work:

picture.php

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If you're looking for input, [whomever's logo that is] I'm not sure I would put a lot of stock in this 'terpene' trend we're having. I would stick with the words 'Cannabis' or 'Marijuana' or even 'Pot'. JMO

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting. Why do you think that? Terpenes seem to play a pivotal role in the cannabis smoking and growing experience, it's certainly why I was attracted to the plant - as I love the sensual characteristics of the flowers.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It is my opinion that all this concern over terpenes is going to go the way of "All Natural" and "Sugar Free".

Most people have no idea what "All Natural even meant. Sugar Free just means artificial sweetener... LOL. And, it has been my experience in life that fads and trendy words that are, either not understood or misunderstood, soon fade out of the picture. As soon as people find out what the green USDA "Organic" seal means, it will also fade away.

There is a considerable amount of discussion and information about terpenes on this site and many others. However, if I talk to the 'man on the street' most of them do not even know what a terpene is or does. And, there is so much misinformation about terps, even on the sites where discussion is fluent, another topic will soon beat this one out for popularity and manufacturer's will find a new trendy word for their constantly changing marketing plans.

Even the words 'pot' and 'weed' and even 'marijuana' are fading in preference of the word 'cannabis'.

I don't have a crystal ball and no one knows what will be big tomorrow and what will fall by the wayside. It's just my opinion. I was in another thread where a poster said "all this talk about terpenes is off the rail". Yet, he, himself had [obviously] no understanding of the subject. People are bouncing all over with it. With legalization and capitalization taking over the cannabis world there is less and less need for the consumer to have facts and details. Want an edible???? Pick the one off the shelf that suits your needs. And, just like food and non-cannabis drinks, people will have their preferences. None will really know what's in the can or bottle. Just like most people who have no clue what's in their food.

Like I said, who knows the future. But, when I was in business, I avoided trendy stuff where it was going to be long term. How about all the remaining companies with names like Something R Us with the backward R. Not very stylish in today's market. The trend died.

Good luck, anyway. I was in marketing most of my life and it's a lot of fun. Ended up marrying a commercial artist that I had done some work with.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a design we will be coloring tomorrow. It's a rather classic and fine art vibe. The colors will be bold and earthen tones. We will title it either "Herbal Remedy" or "Sacred Medicine."

picture.php

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of our recent works... In this illustration we try and speak of the elegance and heirloom qualities of the cannabis flower.

picture.php

:tiphat:

romanoweed

I think there are some good designs in the latest time. However i dont like the Cowboy Picture. I dont know what it is about him , that he doesent Show atlest the Eyes. Or rather that Kind of Character, so its my fault.?.. Or the Esthetik of a hat tiltet halvway infront of a face is to low.... And i dont wanna say anything with it, it is just an opinion about the Esthetique.
But i end this post with i Kind of like some designs you uploaded in your Portfolio album the last month starting with the green room picture.!

Nice oldschoolish, trippy

window

Veteran
I don’t know man, I kinda like him, to me he has that old school Haight Ashbury hippie look that some of them adopted.
Probably needs bigger sideburns though:biggrin:

Kinda like these?

Just the way I perceive him I suppose.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, yeah man, it's preference I suppose. I'm well identified with the image now and it's the face of the brand, so we stand by the image, which doesn't entirely mean we won't revisit at some point in the distant future... Who knows... But thanks for sharing your thoughts mate! Maybe we do something more like this little guy right here :tiphat: lol, I love this emoji!

And I love those pictures you share man, cool stuff, and yeah, that's part of vibe indeed.

pinkus

Veteran
LOL.

I am in Texas and that doesn't look like a cowboy to me. Just a wide brim hat.

I like him.

:shooty: