What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

chainsaw sculpture

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I was suprised at how few artists there were willing to display work.

Here is my first chainsaw sculpture ever, or any for that matter.

having worked but a few hours with chainsaw, have the form worked out. With a bit of grinding with an orbital sander, the fish takes shape.

...and begins to look very much like I envision, but not exactly anatomically correct. When mounted few will even notice.

While I began this project months ago, the weather was uncooperative and I lost alot of time. When the weather was fairer, I lost alot of time(it was just too freakin' nice out).

I finished the fish and concentrated on the base, but the weather interfered again and I let it go...

...but the weather did not change for two months...

Now back to work on the base. August 1, 2010.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
This guy's work is really one of the best I have seen and the price wasn't to bad either considering the work Involved but then again I'm not a wood carver.

Carved from spruce, 24" x 24" x 12" < $395 >

Attachments

• stevenson-mt_lion.jpg
    stevenson-mt_lion.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 25
  • stevenson-mt_lion3.jpg
    stevenson-mt_lion3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 33
  • stevenson-mt_lion2.jpg
    stevenson-mt_lion2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 26

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work !! You know its funny .. you have only worked with a chainsaw a few hours and turn out great art. I spent a career with a chainsaw in my hand but could never see the artistic vision to make something so nice. I can make the cuts fine ... but cant see the vision at all.... guess thats why they call them Artist. Great work !!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Just as spontaneous as laughter after.
So with the return of fair weather at hand, I buzzed a few more hours into the base.

Portraying water is just damned difficult, so it was randomly cut.
Then finished a bit.

Mounted for minnit so I can see how it will look later.
Then I apply some paint I had wasting in the garage.

Very close to finishing, maybe more paint then seal it and mount the fish.

RoachClip, thanks for stopping by. DoobieDuck...:wave:...you said it brother! Pain is a vicious cycle, I do one thing for it! BabbaBud, thank you so much for the compliment. I was wondering myself how the hell it happens, but I had to do a little self-evaluation, so I stoppped wondering.:tiphat: