What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I just got done with The Game by Neil Strauss. It was interesting the lengths those guys will go to pick up a girl. I'm gonna read that Max Tucker book next along with Dog Language by Roger Abrantes.
If you are ever in Portland Or. I highly suggest going to Powell Books. I think is the biggest new/used bookstore in North America. It covers a whole city block. They have every book on every subject you could ever imagine. I've gotten lost for days in there, it's f*cking awsome. They have a couple of locations so make sure you go to the biggest one.

Orangecrush

I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan! I've read Slaughterhouse V, Cat's Cradle, Hocus Pocus, Breakfast of Champions, Deadeye Dick, Slapstick, and just recently finished The Sirens of Titan. Cat's Cradle was by far my favorite, but after reading The Sirens of Titan, it's a toss up. I believe Titan was one of his earlier books and it just feels like a completely different style of writing for him. Was a very good read though.

I had to read Crime & Punishment in highschool and couldn't get through it. I enjoy satire, but haven't read much outside of Vonnegut. I'm open to any suggestions though!

pseudostelariae

I'm huge into conspiracy theories, if anyone else shares the interest
Dark Mission by Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara is a very good read.

Also, for anyone interested in superstrings, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene is interesting.

One more, for any do-it-yourselfers or admirers of the good ol' days,
Foxfire Book edited by Eliot Wiggington is incredible.

entropical

Veteran
I read Brian Greens Elegant Universe years ago and can also recommend it. Last books I read though was: Drugs and Rights by Douglas Husak, and: Drug Warriors and Their Pray by Richard Lawrence Miller. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to increase their knowledge of the Great Drugwar.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
just read the first 40pages of The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer-

it's gripping-and reminds me of the opening of Saving Private Ryan-i'm sure Speilburg must have read it before making that film

e

trouble

Veteran
I was going to buy a copy of "The Power of Positive Thinking" and then I thought, what in the hell good would that do?

........................................................................................................

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
weaveworld :yes: damnation game and book of blood were great, creepy. i read every author stephen king calls his faves in danse macabre and they were all great and i don't like stephen king :confused:

read a lot of graham greene, someone said he wrote dialog better than anyone else, and i was a lecarre fan plus greenes rep, gave it a go. last was brighton rock, want to read the comedians. got 2/3 of the border trilogy by cormac mccarthy done (the first and the last LOL), want to read blood meridian. and philip roth's latest.

on a more sober note, david halberstam's the best and the brightest.

Last edited:

Kirby

Purchased a few books...

War and Peace [unabridged] by Leo Tolstoy
Into the Wild & White Fang by Jack London
The Idiot by Fyodor Dosteovsky
The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

TwoOhSix!

trouble said:
I was going to buy a copy of "The Power of Positive Thinking" and then I thought, what in the hell good would that do?

........................................................................................................
LMAO.

I'm reading The Alchemist, a book about personal destiny.
Also Drug Lord by Poppa, a true story about Mexican drug lord Pablo Acosta, this dude got shot so many times he makes 50 cent look like a ballerina dancer

The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. Before that Native Son by Richard Wright which is phenominal (he wrote black boy, had to read that in school)

Have trouble reading stoned sometimes though.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for my weekly dose of fluff fiction-i read a dean koontz book(who i am actually not that wild about) but it was called "brother odd"-the third in a trilogy of a character named odd thomas. again, fluff, but very interesting and a lil diff. than the usual horror.

C6H6

DSC04214.jpg

rereading it for the 5th time. such a good book befor all this political correctness took over the truth plain and simple

GorillaGreenz said:
The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. Before that Native Son by Richard Wright which is phenominal (he wrote black boy, had to read that in school)

Have trouble reading stoned sometimes though.
great book, have you read the others, the subtle knife, golden compass (no seeing the movie doesn't count)

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The indoor outdoor medical grow bible by jorge servantes! always reading it, even though I pretty much got it memorized. I only read non-fiction, Im the type that like to learn, feal like Im wasten time if I aint learnin, Dont like tv either less its educational, or comedy. My girl clowns me though cuz Ill play videogames for a couple ours then get on her case for watching/reading fairytale shit...fuckin hipacrit, practice wutchou preach Get Mo....

The Iceman

"Never Give Up, My Stroke, My recovery, My Return to the NFL" - Tedy Bruschi Story...killer book also the Gord the Rogue series by Gary Gygax

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yeah I 'aint' 'trippin' on my 'mofuckin' grammar when Im 'postin'(not ing) on a GODDAMN FORUM. check my spellinginginging bitch. Get off my nuts.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
GET MO said:
The indoor outdoor medical grow bible by jorge servantes! always reading it, even though I pretty much got it memorized.
hey mo, you like that grow guide the best, or is it just the one you happen to have?

Latest posts

Latest posts