What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

bigpeter

Snowblind, a brief career in the cocaine trade by Robert Sabbag. is a non-fiction account about a character named Zachary Swan who smuggled cocaine from Colombia into the US. I read this a long time ago and remember really enjoying it.

Green Squall

Snowblind, a brief career in the cocaine trade by Robert Sabbag. is a non-fiction account about a character named Zachary Swan who smuggled cocaine from Colombia into the US. I read this a long time ago and remember really enjoying it.

You might like the book Marching Powder by Rusty Young. Its about a British guy who was caught at the La Paz airport with 5 kilos of cocaine and his time in prison. He ended up giving illegal tours of the place to curious tourists by bribing guards.

------------

Reading Stash by Grant Cameron. I thought it was another book on the hippie trail, but it turned out to be a novel about a group of friends smuggling hashish out of Morocco. Pretty good so far.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway

if you enjoy this subject matter, thai stick is a good read

theclearspot

‘Golden Earth’ by Norman Lewis. British Travel writing from early 1950s in Burma; brilliant urbane wit set in the years of Burmas military junta, communists in the jungles. Up there with Paul Theroux.

St. Phatty

Got Michael Connelly, "Fair Warning", just sitting there.

Bought it for Jury Duty, then managed to get that postponed for 6 months.

I doubt I will end up sitting on a jury.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reading BLACK LIKE ME, John Howard Griffin. Was required reading in 7th grade (amid post -WATTS riots)....interesting, thought provoking read after 50 some years.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
How to Change Your Mind; The New Science of Psychadelics.
Michael Pollan.
and
The Psychadelic Explorers Guide; Safe Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys.
James Fadiman.

There's a theme here.:abduct:

DanTheReggaeFan

How to Change Your Mind; The New Science of Psychadelics.
Michael Pollan.
and
The Psychadelic Explorers Guide; Safe Therapeutic and Sacred Journeys.
James Fadiman.

There's a theme here.:abduct:

The psychedelic explorers guide is a great book. How's the other one so far? Worth a read?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Reading autobiography of steve jobs. Pretty interesting so far. Didnt know acid played such a crucial roll in his work.

davers

i also like to read many books in pdf format. From time to time I transform paper books into pdf with helping camera pdf scanner and extract any text from scanned documents with OCR App also can easily process pictures with color & perspective correction.

Last edited: