Movies - How Did I Miss That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

Ever stumble on a great movie that rocked, thinking "How come I never heard of this movie?"

I have a few:
    - Cloud Atlas
    - High Plains Invaders (B movie)
    - Humanity's End (B movie)
    - Push
    - The Man From Earth
    ---

---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
    --Socrates

Boondock Saints was like that for me.

Same with the Usual Suspects. And Clerks.
    current catch all grow thread

SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry from Stank Bros.

Comment

just watched papillon other day based on true story was very good

Comment

Hey thanks
        My father cultivated a B-movie addiction in me as a kid, and I've always loved obscure movies.

One of my favorites is "Improper Channels" with Marietta Hartley and Alan Arkin.
        It never made it to dvd, which doesn't surprise me due to the content. it's about a couple who has their child wrongly abducted by CPS. It's a comedy, about the sequence of events which follow, as they work to get their kid back out of danger with the state.

lol Hilarious. If anyone finds a downloadable copy, please pm me!! Someone, somewhere, should have digitized this already.
        Thanks!
        Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
        DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
        DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
        6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
        8-Minute CBD Test
        Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

The giver was excellent.too many movies to think of right now
          I AM THE LIQUOR!
          MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS
          the only difference between me and you is a couple of drinks

Comment

Originally posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
            Boondock Saints was like that for me.

Same with the Usual Suspects. And Clerks.
            Ah shit... I forgot about The Usual Suspects. lol
            Wish I could see it again for the first time!!

Another one I'd like to see the first time is Lucky Number Slevin.

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
            Hey thanks
            My father cultivated a B-movie addiction in me as a kid, and I've always loved obscure movies.

One of my favorites is "Improper Channels" with Marietta Hartley and Alan Arkin.
            It never made it to dvd, which doesn't surprise me due to the content. it's about a couple who has their child wrongly abducted by CPS. It's a comedy, about the sequence of events which follow, as they work to get their kid back out of danger with the state.

lol Hilarious. If anyone finds a downloadable copy, please pm me!! Someone, somewhere, should have digitized this already.
            Thanks!
            Alan Arkin is a fantastic actor.

I miss my vhs Spaghetti Western library. lol.
            ---

---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
            --Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by shithawk420 View Post
              The giver was excellent.too many movies to think of right now
              I liked that movie, but the ending could have been way better. It's like they ran out of weed and lost their mojo at the end. lol
              ---

---

--Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by big315smooth View Post
                just watched papillon other day based on true story was very good
                Which version 1973 or 2017?
                The book is good too, along with it's sequel "Banco."

Comment

I may be aging myself...how about "altered states"

Comment

Ya. Altered States freaked me out. That and Videodrome.
                    ---

---

--Socrates

Comment

Bird box and don’t look now,,s2

Comment

i liked "KPAX" with kevin spacey. yeah, i heard about him. but the movie was good...
                        smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
                          I liked that movie, but the ending could have been way better. It's like they ran out of weed and lost their mojo at the end. lol
                          I totally agree.didnt really get the ending
                          I AM THE LIQUOR!
                          MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS

Comment

Originally posted by subrob View Post
                            I may be aging myself...how about "altered states"
                            Apparently my uncle went to see that movie in theaters high as fuck and was laughing hysterically when he turned into that ape man.everybody was giving him dirty looks.good movie though a little fact: at the end of the AHA music video take on me was a reference to the end of Altered States.
                            I AM THE LIQUOR!
                            MASTER OF SHITPUPPETS

Comment

I caught so much flak for so many years for not having any legitimate reasons for not liking kevin spacey other than "he f'n creeps me out". I've been kicked out of a party before because the host was such a big Spacey fan that he told me I had to go. We never got along much past that.

People are generally creeped out by my intuition at the end of the day. I bet ol' buddy was when the news broke.

Peter Griffin on the ending of "The Usual Suspects".. "*GASP*... He was gay the whole time!!" lol

back on topic tho.. Cocktails, Real Genius, Chaplin, Raising Arizona. No idea how I missed these gems for as long as I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X