What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone into metal detecting

leepy

i love metal detecting and i love doin all the research on were im going to go and my collection of roman finds are my world an my pride an joy

Attachments

• 2013-10-27 00.06.05.jpg
    2013-10-27 00.06.05.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2013-10-27 00.23.56.jpg
    2013-10-27 00.23.56.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 994804_296967947106524_1153530154_n.jpg
    994804_296967947106524_1153530154_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 37

leepy

a few more

a few more

sorry 1st picture of coins was shite

Attachments

• 20140131_142229.jpg
    20140131_142229.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20140131_141736.jpg
    20140131_141736.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140131_142148.jpg
    20140131_142148.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 40

leepy

jpt iv used all sorts minelabs, c-scope ,whites, garretts and tbh ill never use anything els other than garrett now m8 they are the dogs bollacks iv found more with the ace250 than most my pals that have detectors worth £800 /£900 that said i do a hell of alot of research b4 i go out detecting

B

buddymate

How did you find the hoard Leeps,whats the story?What were your feelings when you actually saw it in the soil?

leepy

How did you find the hoard Leeps,whats the story?What were your feelings when you actually saw it in the soil?

lol the story is unreal as it gose pal we'v been to cumbria a few times metal detecting because we have 4farms in a row on the a66 that we have permission on for shooting an diggin but we'v only had the odd bronze roman coin an the odd brooch nowt important so any way my m8 said we'll do the 1st farm today so we went an seen the farmer an he said the only place we could do was the hillside we drove down to get to the farm instantly i was like well fuck that was a waste of fucking time coming up here cos theres going to be fuck all on a hill as steep as that bastard the fucking sheep dont even walk to the top of the hill its that steep lmfao so after moanin about not going to find owt we decided an hour on the hill an we'd move on so off we go i decided to do a power march towards a tree at the top of the hill straight line no messin about (tbh i just did not fancy that hill at all) off i go like a mad man an not one fucking signal till about 30yrds from the top i hit an iffy signal then the detector went on one nearly burst my bastard ear drum i thought it was a tin sheet or some shit as i was using my m8s minelab 707 an dint know how to use it the signal was about 8ft x 4ft so i just took a random scoop out with the spade to see if it was a tin sheet and in that 1st scoop out came about half a dozen silver coins my fucking heart sank bro i shit you not i took another scoop out about 3ft way an out came another 10 or so i spun round to see were my m8s were an they wernt even half way up the hill till i rang them lol they were there in a breath lmfao after an hour or two id changed the landscape for ever pmsfl id dug half the fucking hillside off an in total i had 261 silver roman coins my very very 1st thoughts wen id found them were OMFG im the 1st person to SEE and TOUCH these coins since the roman that put them there .after a lot of thought i decided that i wanted to keep them not cos of value but because its a one in a lifetime find so i told the lads look im not declaring the hoard so i split it with the 3kids that were with me the biggest mistake of my life was splittin the hoard up

leepy

yup..hardcore metal detectorist here.. i run an AT pro

thats my next detector my man was going to sell my minelab 707 to fund it BUT i cant bring myself to do it just like my ace 250 i couldnt bring myself to sell that to fund the 707 lmfao so ill have 3detectors once i get my AT pro but if i like it an it impresses me as much as i think it will then the 707 will get sold (i think) lol quick Q for ya am i right in thinkin the AT pro hasnt got a back light m8 ?

shithawk420

Veteran
I can't think of the name but that show where they find all that stuff has to be fake right?nobody is that lucky.right?

leepy

I can't think of the name but that show where they find all that stuff has to be fake right?nobody is that lucky.right?

if ya mean the yank program with the big daft bastard with black beard i agree that is fake i seen him dig a hole about 3ft deep an a green grass sod came out from halfway down meanin it had been dug very very recently like the day b4 lol

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I have a question. how do you know if your detecting a tin can compared to some thing valuable like precious metals? Next question how deep do you detect?

B

buddymate

lol the story is unreal as it gose pal we'v been to cumbria a few times metal detecting because we have 4farms in a row on the a66 that we have permission on for shooting an diggin but we'v only had the odd bronze roman coin an the odd brooch nowt important so any way my m8 said we'll do the 1st farm today so we went an seen the farmer an he said the only place we could do was the hillside we drove down to get to the farm instantly i was like well fuck that was a waste of fucking time coming up here cos theres going to be fuck all on a hill as steep as that bastard the fucking sheep dont even walk to the top of the hill its that steep lmfao so after moanin about not going to find owt we decided an hour on the hill an we'd move on so off we go i decided to do a power march towards a tree at the top of the hill straight line no messin about (tbh i just did not fancy that hill at all) off i go like a mad man an not one fucking signal till about 30yrds from the top i hit an iffy signal then the detector went on one nearly burst my bastard ear drum i thought it was a tin sheet or some shit as i was using my m8s minelab 707 an dint know how to use it the signal was about 8ft x 4ft so i just took a random scoop out with the spade to see if it was a tin sheet and in that 1st scoop out came about half a dozen silver coins my fucking heart sank bro i shit you not i took another scoop out about 3ft way an out came another 10 or so i spun round to see were my m8s were an they wernt even half way up the hill till i rang them lol they were there in a breath lmfao after an hour or two id changed the landscape for ever pmsfl id dug half the fucking hillside off an in total i had 261 silver roman coins my very very 1st thoughts wen id found them were OMFG im the 1st person to SEE and TOUCH these coins since the roman that put them there .after a lot of thought i decided that i wanted to keep them not cos of value but because its a one in a lifetime find so i told the lads look im not declaring the hoard so i split it with the 3kids that were with me the biggest mistake of my life was splittin the hoard up
Thanks Leeps,excellent story.