What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SCUBA Diving...

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cozumel a few times.. so radical... drifting with the current inverted 80 ft down
Looking at all the cool life growing on those canyon walls. Just freaking awesome!

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cozumel, Mexico was awesome!
Have lot's of good memories going there, back then traveling with a little herb was relatively easy... no baggage nazis!
Made some good friends by having some killer smoke (local stuff sucked)
My pics sucked so I bought these.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

toughmudderdave

Paradise Reef? Hopefully ya got to enjoy some good local grub at La Choza, Cafe Denis, or Las Tortugas....provided they're still there. It's been over 15 years since I've been to Cozumel.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
took my father back to Truk lagoon, Micronesia few years ago so he could dive the sunken ship he served on in WWII and place a momorial on the wreck.

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Al that is so cool you got to do that with your Dad.

Dave... La Choza, and Las Tortugas I remember excellent grub! these trips were in 96-97 if memory serves me right.

We had a blast driving those scooters around exploring the island

We dove all the reefs a few more pic's

picture.php

picture.php

Rooibard

Haha did my openwater poolskills after smoking some fresh black afgani hash:dance013: non-stop all skills and helping out older lady not to freak out and just breathe lol
Later on the course did my 1st open water dives stoned as well and that was amazing! On surface break found out that consumed same amount of air as my instructor.
More experimenting to follow for sure!

Peace

BucketBud

...OVERS...i started SCUBA diving in Newfoundland...water temperature was low 30's and i only had a 1/4" suit...while diving off the coast of Labrador salvaging the HMS Reilly that was the flag ship of the British Navy that ran aground while dodging an iceberg and a German sub, the water temperature was 28...i lived in a tent for several weeks while working...dove just about every day...set off TNT charges to break up the yellow brass desalinization system...lots of fun...dove all over Newfoundland...saw lobsters that were as large as me...I'm 6' tall...scallops were the size of a large mans fist...halibut was over 8' long, 4' wide and over a foot thick...they weight about 500 pounds...
...dove the coast of California for over 30 years...used to go just about every weekend off the northern coast...ab diving was a thrill...did a survey on Pisaster ochraceus, generally known as the purple sea star, ochre sea star, or ochre starfish, is a common starfish found among the waters of the Pacific Ocean for my Marine Biology major in college...that went from the coast of Oregon to Mexico...took over a month...dove Lake Tahoe several times...lots of nothing there...most exciting time was under the Golden Gate Bridge...really don't recommend that...so many currents there it was dangerous...didn't stay long...dove most of the Mexican Gulf to Santa Cruz, Mexico...did cave dives in Cancun...love the 82 degree temperature water...what a difference... pleasurable...night dives in Cozumel...think i have a double digit NAUI number...love the quiet of being underwater...

BesKi

I thought about that and even tried, but I feel terrible under the water... Something like panic attack...Maybe in the future...

St. Phatty

Free-diving, my ears just don't correct.

I used to be able to dive to 20-25 feet comfortable.

Now, 8 feet is painful.

Is there something about using scuba gear that changes how your ears equalize the pressure ?

People going to 100 feet+ are obviously not having any problems with that.