No announcement yet.

SCUBA Diving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...OVERS...i started SCUBA diving in Newfoundland...water temperature was low 30's and i only had a 1/4" suit...while diving off the coast of Labrador salvaging the HMS Reilly that was the flag ship of the British Navy that ran aground while dodging an iceberg and a German sub, the water temperature was 28...i lived in a tent for several weeks while working...dove just about every day...set off TNT charges to break up the yellow brass desalinization system...lots of fun...dove all over Newfoundland...saw lobsters that were as large as me...I'm 6' tall...scallops were the size of a large mans fist...halibut was over 8' long, 4' wide and over a foot thick...they weight about 500 pounds...
    ...dove the coast of California for over 30 years...used to go just about every weekend off the northern coast...ab diving was a thrill...did a survey on Pisaster ochraceus, generally known as the purple sea star, ochre sea star, or ochre starfish, is a common starfish found among the waters of the Pacific Ocean for my Marine Biology major in college...that went from the coast of Oregon to Mexico...took over a month...dove Lake Tahoe several times...lots of nothing there...most exciting time was under the Golden Gate Bridge...really don't recommend that...so many currents there it was dangerous...didn't stay long...dove most of the Mexican Gulf to Santa Cruz, Mexico...did cave dives in Cancun...love the 82 degree temperature water...what a difference... pleasurable...night dives in Cozumel...think i have a double digit NAUI number...love the quiet of being underwater...

Comment

haven't dived in years got certified as a kid...I should get back into it...yeehaw
      SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..

Comment

PADI advanced open water diver here but did not dive for ages

Comment

NAUI open water

Soearfishing and diving weekly here in Florida.
          My first grow, ak47-af-fem

Comment

I thought about that and even tried, but I feel terrible under the water... Something like panic attack...Maybe in the future...

Comment

Free-diving, my ears just don't correct.

I used to be able to dive to 20-25 feet comfortable.

Now, 8 feet is painful.

Is there something about using scuba gear that changes how your ears equalize the pressure ?

People going to 100 feet+ are obviously not having any problems with that.
              Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Working...
              X