What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for the galaxy of the cannabis varieties. A Scatter plot in 3D, website lost.

groovie

Hi

I lost one of my favourite website and I need your help to find it. It is a 3D scatter plot where the dots are cannabis strains analysed one per one and classified. Understood?
Thank you for your help and sorry for my broken english.

It is a scatter plot, in 3D.. But the perspective is from within, in. Not like this one below, where the perspective is from outside. You can even see the scales , axis etc.
In this excellent website, they analysed each strain (ex: grand daddy purple clone) and put it in the area. A little point with "gdp" and all the purple are a little bit closer to it than the not-purple strains. It can help to understand why sometimes. Imagine a fake strain, the NRP (not really pruple) and this purple is different because always greenish and after the D.N.A analysis , they place the point of the NRP far from the others purple so they helped us to know this is not a classic purple. In fact it is not purple at all.

With the help of famous mothers and fathers , you can see patterns of old school hybrids very famous. Because they used the same fathers pollens , mothers plants (Northern lights, skunks, super silver haze,whites, always the same sativas to produce more with thaï mexicans) so the breeders impoverished the cannabis of the world. In jamaïca, autochthones or landraces genetics are super rare and some island they disappeared almost completely unfortunatley

with this tool you can find genetics rares and uniques , it is not perfect but it is still welcome in our current society where finding exotic dna is more and more difficult. Because we, clients, tend to purchase the same seeds with the same needs : quality , quantity, fast. Cannabis easy to grow, fast, production maximal , with strong taste and quality (so they chose afghan taste). So the D.N.A bucket impoverished and holland hybrids are found now from marocco to réunion island and jamaïca where sometimes the original landraces disappears . It is one of the same good old character of capitalism and it's trend to generate monopoly and standardisation (with good things like quality, security and low prices so accessibility )

nuage-de-points-dans-repere-tridimensionnel.gif

I loved to use it with seedfinder to know the parents and grand parents , and I used the odors disks like these ones or Breeders Check lists ; to find elements in common or in opposition between two strains of the galaxy 3D map of strains I am looking for.

FlavourPie_strain_english_2012.png

mapa_blog_cdn.jpg

for example the grand daddy purple : look how the informations are lacking ! we got nothing. It is pure mother plant mystery. We have no data about this popular strain.

sf.png

as you see , we know pretty much nothing from the parents and lineage of the GDP.

But with the help of the odors-tastes disks , the lineage information (family tree) and other source you can help understand why a srain is in this specific area of the galaxy

I hope you will find the website

Thank you for your help.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
From what I have read, the OG sold out for millions to WS, and they essentially scammed a lot of people into tipping their genetic hand, so to speak. Not very user friendly it seems.

St. Phatty

Is anybody re-doing Skunk #1 ?

i.e. combining 2 Sativas and an Indica to create a strain that is true-breeding and 3/4 Sativa ?

Latest posts

Latest posts