What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

Three Berries

=St. Phatty;n18000269]

They're only about 5 feet tall. Bushes used in Parking Lot land-scaping.

I have two kinds native here both blue and red berries. This is my blue one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	XZ48d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	18000279
V2Upj.jpg

https://gardening.stackexchange.com/...in-southern-nh

@peace

A picture from the garden last summer and a picture of a really trippy looking thistle I found as well.

fetch

fetch

Attachments

• photo2109530.jpg
    photo2109530.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Petrochemical

Need a sweet pickle recipe that's like suckerpunch ...omfg ive eaten three containers my dude
20220305_111146.jpg

I never buy enough or make my own...that's gonna change

Three Berries

Had a perfect burn day yesterday. Good wind and dry. Got some of the wild area burned and cleaned. It had gown up with mostly cockle burs amongst the native trees I've let grow.

St. Phatty

Had a perfect burn day yesterday. Good wind and dry. Got some of the wild area burned and cleaned. It had gown up with mostly cockle burs amongst the native trees I've let grow.

A lot of my neighbors ignore the burn day guidelines.

I don't want to get a Nasty-gram from the state or County about burning on non-burn days.

I have a tree that is covered with dead dry wild grape. Thinking about how to remove the wild grape. Guess I'll just do it on a wetter day, with a running hose nearby, and hope that the fire doesn't climb into the tree-tops.

Three Berries

A lot of my neighbors ignore the burn day guidelines.

I don't want to get a Nasty-gram from the state or County about burning on non-burn days.

I have a tree that is covered with dead dry wild grape. Thinking about how to remove the wild grape. Guess I'll just do it on a wetter day, with a running hose nearby, and hope that the fire doesn't climb into the tree-tops.

Illinois says we can burn landscape waste, I'm rural so no other authority.

I too have a huge wild grape vine up in a evergreen bunch I have. Was going to cut it at the base an apply some stump stop next week before it leafs out. Then just leave the vine to the weather.

St. Phatty

Illinois says we can burn landscape waste, I'm rural so no other authority.

I too have a huge wild grape vine up in a evergreen bunch I have. Was going to cut it at the base an apply some stump stop next week before it leafs out. Then just leave the vine to the weather.

For me it's a full time job, but one I don't have enough time for. So it just gets gnarlier.

Three Berries

For me it's a full time job, but one I don't have enough time for. So it just gets gnarlier.

It is what I do being retired. About 2 acers. Getting ready to start transplanting willows and redwoods. I have about 8-3 year old Dawn redwoods. They are identical to the Cyprus tree but grow 10x faster. Started them from seed. The willows I just cut off branches and stick in the ground usually. But this year I sprouted them in the house in a bucket of dirt. Have to wait until the trees start to leaf out.

Did another burn today. Should be it.

St. Phatty

It is what I do being retired. About 2 acers. Getting ready to start transplanting willows and redwoods. I have about 8-3 year old Dawn redwoods. They are identical to the Cyprus tree but grow 10x faster. Started them from seed. The willows I just cut off branches and stick in the ground usually. But this year I sprouted them in the house in a bucket of dirt. Have to wait until the trees start to leaf out.

Did another burn today. Should be it.

I have one neighbor that seems to spend most of his time stripping ALL the leaves - ALL the pine needles.

Not just the sticks. EVERYTHING on the ground, on about 15 acres. Like Seinfeld "clean freak" attitude.

VERY BAD place to be an earthworm or a bug.

Of course it doesn't leave the birds with much to eat.

He says he "just likes the way it looks" and that it has nothing to do with wildfire.

So his property is like an old growth forest, but on the ground, it's like a desert.

I go halfway, and remove the sticks.

Also I rake all the leaves away from the bigger logs on the ground, so that the ground is completely bare around the large fuel sources.

Them you do not want to catch on fire.

Three Berries

Where I live gets flooded about ever 5 years. If the water gets high enough my house turns into an island with the river flowing though the yard.

Last great flood we had left 4" of black sandy loam on top of where I raked it clean this time. Our dirt in this area has it's own name and is quite prized for farming. Black as coal and some clay. Came from eons of hardwood trees after a huge glacier dam bursts and scoured out the rock, deposited 100s of feet of sand in some places. Go 15 miles north and you are lucky to have 3 feet of soil over the sandstone.