X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Sativa
    replied
    Originally posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
    i have my reaper's/yellow hots/thai's/fatelli's overwintered for at least 5years... in my greenhouse room in oct, back out in may... i trim em back pretty good, and root trim em, add some new soil, n they grow like weed...
    Good tips. Thanks! 5 years? Cool.

Leave a comment:

• zachrockbadenof
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover Sativa View Post
    I managed to overwinter last years plant (so far anyway) I wonder how many years you can get them lasting for??
    i have my reaper's/yellow hots/thai's/fatelli's overwintered for at least 5years... in my greenhouse room in oct, back out in may... i trim em back pretty good, and root trim em, add some new soil, n they grow like weed...

Leave a comment:

• Grover Sativa
    replied
    I found some Trinidad Maruga Scorpion GOLD sport seeds... I sprouted some for this summer.
    Maruga
    Maruga GOLD
    Jamaican red
    Diavellucio ( little devils - Italy)

I may give the scorpion chillies to people I don’t like!! I am scared.

I managed to overwinter last years plant (so far anyway) I wonder how many years you can get them lasting for??

Leave a comment:

• FletchF.Fletch
    replied
    Check out Chile Pequins, Texas Bird Pepper, aka McMahon's Pepper. They're a perennial shrub in warm regions, and prefer partial shade with some good sun. You find them growing wild beneath Cedar trees. They can be grown inside easily. Tiny peppers range from smaller than a BB to the size of a Pea, and ripen from green to red. They are hot, but the burn passes quickly.

The coolest thing about them is: When dried and added to beans or stews, they have a coagulating/thickening effect on the broth making it thick like a gravy. It's the outside of the skin that does the trick, no need to crush them unless you want to add Heat too. Anyone know of any peppers with similar properties?

Leave a comment:

• zachrockbadenof
    replied
    hey brother.... i luv hot... but to a point... i grow about 1/2 dozen diff hot peppers, but when we get to ghost,reapers and the like, they are tooo hot for me, and moreover , the hotness overtakes any taste they may have- while i grow reapers/fatelli's/trin scop's for friends (or enemies) , i like yellow hots, thai's, serano's and the like... hot with taste...

Leave a comment:

• Brother Nature
    replied
    Originally posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
    welcome to your 1st colon cleansing......

Haha, yeah mate, the morning after was less than pleasant too. Cleansed is a very nice way to put how I felt, but pretty on point. I have to say though I did get quite an interesting high after the pain wore off. Not sure if it was just my body returning to normal after a state of shock or what, but the 30 mins following the pain were incredibly blissful and euphoric. I'm happy to say I've done it, but it's not an experience I'll repeat anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• zachrockbadenof
    replied
    Originally posted by Brother Nature View Post
    Recently grew my first Ghost Chilli plant. Ate a whole chilli last night as an acid test and holy fuck!!!
    welcome to your 1st colon cleansing......

Leave a comment:

• HorseBadoritiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Brother Nature View Post
    Recently grew my first Ghost Chilli plant. Ate a whole chilli last night as an acid test and holy fuck!!! I've never experienced something like that haha. I've done a lot of drugs in my day but I don't think I've ever put my body through as an intense an experience as that, I can't wait till the rest of these ripen off.
    That's a lotta heat, lol!

2x Tabascos just poked their heads out! Up in a week, a record for me.

Leave a comment:

• HorseBadoritiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
    Anyone got any seeds of hot they would share?

It would cost me more to send them to you than if you bought some at the feed store!

Leave a comment:

• Brother Nature
    replied
    Recently grew my first Ghost Chilli plant. Ate a whole chilli last night as an acid test and holy fuck!!! I've never experienced something like that haha. I've done a lot of drugs in my day but I don't think I've ever put my body through as an intense an experience as that, I can't wait till the rest of these ripen off.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshineinabag
    replied
    Anyone got any seeds of hot they would share?

Leave a comment:

• zachrockbadenof
    replied
    i can report that freezing peppers is working - b4 we go out to dinner, i'll take 3-4 lemon hots, put em in a bag , n they defrost nicely - i don't think they r as hot as they would be if u picked em on a aug day, but still some heat... last week i also brought a fatelli to the restaurant, n it was still a mofo...

i have '8' plants brought in for the winter in my greenhouse room which were trimmed back, n plenty of new growth on all of em, n the thai has flowers poppin... which i cut off...

Leave a comment:

• unregistered190
    replied

little late for a couple of these but just got them in a trade! will start trying to germinate some in the morning

Leave a comment:

• mexweed
    replied
    it's a good smell and it helps mask weed, I always have my nose over the pot when I have a sauce reducing especially with the garlic cloves I put in it

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    I grew out 12 habaneros this season and we wound up with so many. After reading this thread, I realize I need to up my pepper game. Hell, I didn't even realize there were different types of habos!

Hoping to expand to some different varieties next year. Love me some heat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X