What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

LostTribe

Premium user
so there are reapers and scorpions at a store here imported from the netherlands melissa's brand, I grabbed a pack of the reapers and tried making a sauce with it

it came out amazing for my first try and I really can't diss on reapers, but I have to say based on the 7 pot primo sauces I've had that primos are a meaner pepper

the official listing for reapers is pakistani nagaXred habanero

nice fruity chili pepper nose, not quite as fruity as 7 pot primos, relatively low mouth pain compared to ghost pepper experiences I've had

but here's the deal, the heat from reapers is a lot easier to tame than 7 pot primos, it doesn't last and last like the primo heat and water helps a lot more

I put 6 peppers in what simmered down to a 5oz bottle, lots of garlic

View Image

I will pay to see you chug that! I was thinking a case of bottles for that many ghosts or scorpions.

mexweed

Veteran
it's hot but I've had hotter bottles of exhorresco, it's definitely hotter than reapercussion, about on par with hydra 7 pot but a bit more punch up front

I did add a tsp of sugar while it was simmering and a couple tbsp of orange juice, the next bottle I'm going to try replacing the 1/4 cup water with orange juice and not add any granulated sugar

I think the hottest 7 pot primo hasn't been recorded or at least the number hasn't been released, I see most places saying it averages 1.5 million and even up to 1.9 million, not every reaper is 2.2 million and I have a hunch that primos average higher

Lolo94

Carolina Reaper and Ghost pepper (orange). First time growing these. The growing environment wasn't ideal with only 4-5 hours of direct sun, but they're definitely hot. The reaper is huge (4' tall by 4' wide) and super sturdy like a good hybrid. The Ghost pepper reminds me of a finicky sativa. It grew kind of viney with weak limbs and is taking several weeks longer than the reaper, whose 1st harvest was 3 weeks ago. Plenty of peppers still left on the plants, but not sure how much longer they'll last with the weather getting cold.

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_165126900.jpg
    IMG_20201104_165126900.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 52

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
well... its been a good summer, but the cold is upon us... just picked the last of the lemon hots which are excellent producers , only had '2' plants, a few jalapenos, n a few fatelli's - i harvested about 500 reapers last week and gave them to the local mex. rest. most were green and still wayyyy hot... , and the red ones were...well... reapers... not aug hot weather hot, but still MoFo's....

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 56

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i must have 250/300 lemon hots that i picked last weekend... i'd luv to save em n eat em over the winter... can they be frozen?? n then thawed out??

HorseBadoritiz

If you freeze them, it would probably be a good idea to thaw them out unless you like them crunchy, lol!

I freeze some of the ones we're going to make sauce with. I have not frozen, thawed, and then eaten though. Just seems like they might be mushy, but you've got so many, why not try a few, and let us know?

I also dry some for cooking. Cap 'em, split them, and take out the seeds. Scatter them on a clean window screen, and let them dry outside in the sun (they'll stink out the house!). Those Limon Aji's are great for that

We just had a frost, so I picked everything and stuck them in the freezer.

My son makes a green sauce from the unripe ones. It's a little bitter for me, but he's working on it!

One thing about the freezer. Really hot peppers can stink it out. First time I froze some, I left them in for about 6 months in cheap bags, it took two years to get the stink out!

Vacuum sealing w/ good bags is the ticket.

ButterflyEffect

I grew out 12 habaneros this season and we wound up with so many. After reading this thread, I realize I need to up my pepper game. Hell, I didn't even realize there were different types of habos!

Hoping to expand to some different varieties next year. Love me some heat!

mexweed

Veteran
it's a good smell and it helps mask weed, I always have my nose over the pot when I have a sauce reducing especially with the garlic cloves I put in it

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i can report that freezing peppers is working - b4 we go out to dinner, i'll take 3-4 lemon hots, put em in a bag , n they defrost nicely - i don't think they r as hot as they would be if u picked em on a aug day, but still some heat... last week i also brought a fatelli to the restaurant, n it was still a mofo...

i have '8' plants brought in for the winter in my greenhouse room which were trimmed back, n plenty of new growth on all of em, n the thai has flowers poppin... which i cut off...

Brother Nature

Recently grew my first Ghost Chilli plant. Ate a whole chilli last night as an acid test and holy fuck!!! I've never experienced something like that haha. I've done a lot of drugs in my day but I don't think I've ever put my body through as an intense an experience as that, I can't wait till the rest of these ripen off.

HorseBadoritiz

Recently grew my first Ghost Chilli plant. Ate a whole chilli last night as an acid test and holy fuck!!! I've never experienced something like that haha. I've done a lot of drugs in my day but I don't think I've ever put my body through as an intense an experience as that, I can't wait till the rest of these ripen off.
That's a lotta heat, lol!

2x Tabascos just poked their heads out! Up in a week, a record for me.

Brother Nature

welcome to your 1st colon cleansing...... :good:

Haha, yeah mate, the morning after was less than pleasant too. Cleansed is a very nice way to put how I felt, but pretty on point. I have to say though I did get quite an interesting high after the pain wore off. Not sure if it was just my body returning to normal after a state of shock or what, but the 30 mins following the pain were incredibly blissful and euphoric. I'm happy to say I've done it, but it's not an experience I'll repeat anytime soon.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hey brother.... i luv hot... but to a point... i grow about 1/2 dozen diff hot peppers, but when we get to ghost,reapers and the like, they are tooo hot for me, and moreover , the hotness overtakes any taste they may have- while i grow reapers/fatelli's/trin scop's for friends (or enemies) , i like yellow hots, thai's, serano's and the like... hot with taste...

FletchF.Fletch

Check out Chile Pequins, Texas Bird Pepper, aka McMahon's Pepper. They're a perennial shrub in warm regions, and prefer partial shade with some good sun. You find them growing wild beneath Cedar trees. They can be grown inside easily. Tiny peppers range from smaller than a BB to the size of a Pea, and ripen from green to red. They are hot, but the burn passes quickly.

The coolest thing about them is: When dried and added to beans or stews, they have a coagulating/thickening effect on the broth making it thick like a gravy. It's the outside of the skin that does the trick, no need to crush them unless you want to add Heat too. Anyone know of any peppers with similar properties?