What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

mexweed

Veteran
I need to try growing 7 pot primos again, I recently tried the Mikey V 7 pot primo salsa and it's easily the best 'store bought' salsa I've ever had

in my experience 7 pot primos have the best flavor and highest quality heat, ghost pepper stuff for example seems to always just hurt my mouth, 7 pot primo sauces have relatively low mouth pain but have other amazing effects, that salsa made it feel like I had a sunburn on the back of my neck, it always gives that nice forehead buzz too

LostTribe

Premium user
I need to try growing 7 pot primos again, I recently tried the Mikey V 7 pot primo salsa and it's easily the best 'store bought' salsa I've ever had

in my experience 7 pot primos have the best flavor and highest quality heat, ghost pepper stuff for example seems to always just hurt my mouth, 7 pot primo sauces have relatively low mouth pain but have other amazing effects, that salsa made it feel like I had a sunburn on the back of my neck, it always gives that nice forehead buzz too

Thats crazy. I have a few 7 butch T do they compare? Also some Muruga Scorp. Both look too scary to try. Very dark red and the points. I just don't know.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dragon's Breath isn't even real. It's a random F3 selected out of Infinity 7pot seeds. Was nothing but some shill trying to push a fad and trend. Hot pepper, as the Infinity used to hold a world record, but just briefly.

Pepper X - if it really exists in any stable form, has never been released to the general public. Only a few of Ed Curries closest buddies have ever seen it or eaten it.

There is a ton of doubt as to the legitimacy of anything that Ed Currie says - given his prior track record with comments regarding breeding and the gene pools involved in his works.

Pepper world is just as flamboyant as the cannabis world.

dank.Frank

mexweed

Veteran
7 pot primos are a cross of naga morich and trinidad 7 pot, I think the speculation is reapers are ripped off 7 pot primos crossed with scorpion

they are ripped off because Troy Primo has a spot at a Louisiana university and they are more than likely one of if not the most legitimately bred peppers, definitely research that went into it because why not just cross ghost and scorpion, instead close relatives of those peppers were used

one of my favorite sauces is reapercussion and it has 7 pot primos and scorpions in it

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Anyone here try Khangstarr's Lemon Starrburst? My buddy thats a pepper head gifted me some of these seeds a few months ago, along with some 7 pot yellow primo, and it took me several tries to sprout them but I finally got a handful of seedlings going after sprouting them the exact same way I do with cannabis seeds.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
1st frost last nite, so i brought in my 4 reapers/thai and lemon hots into my greenhouse room... today i cut the reapers way down, and took off the peppers... most are green, but there are some red ones.... wonder how hot the green ones will be... guess i'll find out at dinner

Attachments

• IMG_1510.jpg
    IMG_1510.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 55

noknees

There is a ton of doubt as to the legitimacy of anything that Ed Currie says - given his prior track record with comments regarding breeding and the gene pools involved in his works.

Pepper world is just as flamboyant as the cannabis world

dank.Frank

oh bother.

i've been interested in growing some datils for a while. would hate to invest time and effort into janky/bs seeds.
any recommendations? or anybody have experience with datil peppers? TIA:flowers2:

HorseBadoritiz

I grew some a couple of years ago from starts I got at a farmer's market.

They were about as hot as a habanero, but were sweetish, not nutty.

Don't pay attention to frank, he argues with fence posts, and has thing for Ed.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i can report in that green reapers, are not as hot as a red reaper in the heat of august.... but they are still MoFo's.... :hotbounce.... but with them being a bit less fiery, people say the 1st bite is fruity... and i tasted fruity last nite, but then the hotness... i ate about 1/4 of the pepper then it was shit-canned, and i ate some lemon hots and a couple of thai's:party:

KONY

Veteran
How hard are pepper plants to clone? Can one do it the same way as they do cannabis?

Got almost ten chocolate ghost peppers that have been growing up in our loft from seed since May. It took them forever to really get growing. Was originally planing on growing them outside, but that has long passed. Now I think we will try flowering them inside, after cloning them first?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
if u r growing em inside , why clone em as they r perennials... my peppers in pots r 5+ years old... i just bring em in every fall, cut em back, n they r ready next spring...

HorseBadoritiz

How hard are pepper plants to clone? Can one do it the same way as they do cannabis?

Got almost ten chocolate ghost peppers that have been growing up in our loft from seed since May. It took them forever to really get growing. Was originally planing on growing them outside, but that has long passed. Now I think we will try flowering them inside, after cloning them first?

Some can be cloned. I've only done tabascos. Took a while, so be patient. Bottom heat helped.

LostTribe

Premium user
I tried to clone my Thai birds eye in the window sill after dipping in clonex after 3 weeks nothing. I put it in the aero cloner to see.

I did not want to bring outside plants indoor as I was worried they would have hitchhikers that might spread to other plants. Being that they were basically in quarantine for 3 weeks I am not worried now and hope they root. Need more hotties!

Still haven't made hot sauce gotta get on that before they start to rot. Hopefully this week.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I did not want to bring outside plants indoor as I was worried they would have hitchhikers that might spread to other plants. Being that they were basically in quarantine for 3 weeks I am not worried now and hope they root. .

thats always a worry, n every year i bring some in... this year i'm going to bomb the room - drdoom doesn't kill all of em, but it does work on quite a few ... i also have some powder which i sprinkle on the soil... can't use it on the peppers... but on the hibiscus,jasmine,gardenia, etc all get a nice dusting...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh bother.

i've been interested in growing some datils for a while. would hate to invest time and effort into janky/bs seeds.
any recommendations? or anybody have experience with datil peppers? TIA:flowers2:

It's a Florida pepper and has a huge following in some communities. Even a yearly festival. Those aren't exactly a rare pepper so they are fairly easy to get.

Outside of Datil, I'd suggest Aji Pineapple - similar peppers. If you want something a bit hotter with a similar sweetness present, look into Fatalii or MOA Bonnets.

dank.Frank

mexweed

Veteran
so there are reapers and scorpions at a store here imported from the netherlands melissa's brand, I grabbed a pack of the reapers and tried making a sauce with it

it came out amazing for my first try and I really can't diss on reapers, but I have to say based on the 7 pot primo sauces I've had that primos are a meaner pepper

the official listing for reapers is pakistani nagaXred habanero

nice fruity chili pepper nose, not quite as fruity as 7 pot primos, relatively low mouth pain compared to ghost pepper experiences I've had

but here's the deal, the heat from reapers is a lot easier to tame than 7 pot primos, it doesn't last and last like the primo heat and water helps a lot more

I put 6 peppers in what simmered down to a 5oz bottle, lots of garlic

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts