What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

HorseBadoritiz

my reapers are still producing like MoFo's- picking prob 100/150 tomm morn and giving to my local mex rest. guy - he cuts em in half, and puts each half on a 1/2 avocado and eats em- FUK... i can't even eat the stinger ...and i LUV hot food... they are way to hot for me..

this guy did say the longer the stinger, the hotter the pepper- is that true???

my thai's have stopped producing, but the fatelli's are still turning yellow... again they are way toooo hot for me...

my lemon hots also are still producing, and these i like a lot...

also have some jalapeno's.... they are tasty, but tooo mild...

my buddy gave me some hab's - they are hot, but eatable for me, but i don't taste anything but .. hot...

next season i want some peppers hot as hab's.... but tasty... any suggestions???

Have you tried Tabascos? About the same heat as the Lemon Aji's but a much deeper flavor, at least to me.

I did grow a habanero that has no heat, just all the flavor of a hab, can't remember the name now. Stoner pepperhead, lol!

So, nobody picks off the late blooms?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Have you tried Tabascos?

So, nobody picks off the late blooms?

tabasco's are also on next season's grow list..

as to picking off late blooms, i overwinter most of my peppers as they are grown in pots, and yes when i bring em in, and thruout the winter, i pick off any blooms... i also cut em back which i guess is the same thing

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
They may not have gotten enough calcium, peppers are Ca pigs. Mine are in pots, I hit them with soluble gypsum every few weeks.

Do y'all pick the late flowers off? Seems these have gotten a second wind, but there's no way they'll fruit.

So I've managed to get some agri lime in hope of boosting the calcium. Any ideas of the best way to apply it and the volumes necessary?

LostTribe

Premium user
So I harvested Ghosts, Trinidad Scorpions, 7 Pot Butch T's and a couple Reapers.

What do you guys use them for? I watched some fools eating them straight and feeling the immense reprecussions on the tube but that wasn't my intent. I was thinking to remove the seeds and make a few different batches of salsa and hot sauce starting out easy and working up....

Any suggestions or recipe's much appreciated of course!
Best
LT

Phagoos

I prefer to dry and ground them into a powder. This year I did grow a few small Limón plants indoor in 400ml fabric pots. I mainly use the powder to spice up some food and the powder will last me for a long time.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I've managed to get some agri lime in hope of boosting the calcium. Any ideas of the best way to apply it and the volumes necessary?

You'd be better to go with just gypsum if all you are trying to boost is calcium. Ag lime will play with your pH.

Otherwise, about 1c per cubic foot of peat based media.

dank.Frank

HorseBadoritiz

So I harvested Ghosts, Trinidad Scorpions, 7 Pot Butch T's and a couple Reapers.

What do you guys use them for? I watched some fools eating them straight and feeling the immense reprecussions on the tube but that wasn't my intent. I was thinking to remove the seeds and make a few different batches of salsa and hot sauce starting out easy and working up....

Any suggestions or recipe's much appreciated of course!
Best
LT
Ferment them, and make a sauce?

That's what we do with the stupid hots. Tones down the crazy heat, and really brings out flavors.

The heat is apparently not in the seeds, but the seed walls. Just throwing that out there if you wanna try some straight, lol!

HorseBadoritiz

Soluble gypsum. Foliars or root drenches.

I believe that Ca is only taken in through the meristems of the roots or growing veg tips.

For me, if the leaves are getting more wrinkly than normal, I'll work about 4 TBS into the top of a 15 gallon pot ( just for an example), then push it in with a good hosing, and see how that does.

Too much Ca can push off Mg, so just watch.

LostTribe

Premium user
Ferment them, and make a sauce?

That's what we do with the stupid hots. Tones down the crazy heat, and really brings out flavors.

The heat is apparently not in the seeds, but the seed walls. Just throwing that out there if you wanna try some straight, lol!

You mean scrape out the insides a bit and try to eat the outside of the pepper? Ill check it out.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
You'd be better to go with just gypsum if all you are trying to boost is calcium. Ag lime will play with your pH.

Otherwise, about 1c per cubic foot of peat based media.

dank.Frank

Thanks man. I will look for some gypsum. Finding stuff where I am is a pain in the arse.

Soluble gypsum. Foliars or root drenches.

I believe that Ca is only taken in through the meristems of the roots or growing veg tips.

For me, if the leaves are getting more wrinkly than normal, I'll work about 4 TBS into the top of a 15 gallon pot ( just for an example), then push it in with a good hosing, and see how that does.

Too much Ca can push off Mg, so just watch.

Great. Thanks for the info.

Cheers guys.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
So far I can only find food grade calcium sulphate. I have found agricultural calcium nitrate also.Will this be ok?

HorseBadoritiz

So far I can only find food grade calcium sulphate. I have found agricultural calcium nitrate also.Will this be ok?
Feed grade calcium sulfate is what I use. It's for farm animals and works just fine.

Food grade is probably finer!

I haven't used the nitrate one.

I think the sulfur helps with flavors, but that's just me.

And, get a big bag, it's weed's favorite form of Ca, too, it's actually usable, lol!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I've ordered both now plus some magnesium sulfate.
Although here on the volcano we have no problem with sulphur especially since the volcano only last erupted over us Jan 12th this year

Cheers C:tiphat:

Feed grade calcium sulfate is what I use. It's for farm animals and works just fine.

Food grade is probably finer!

I haven't used the nitrate one.

I think the sulfur helps with flavors, but that's just me.

And, get a big bag, it's weed's favorite form of Ca, too, it's actually usable, lol!

LostTribe

Premium user
I've ordered both now plus some magnesium sulfate.
Although here on the volcano we have no problem with sulphur especially since the volcano only last erupted over us Jan 12th this year

Cheers C:tiphat:

You may still need Mg. Cheers!

Sunshineinabag

Grew these......
Wanna grow the ones they use in restaurant Sriracha

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_072717.jpg
    IMG_20201024_072717.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201024_072544.jpg
    IMG_20201024_072544.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 32