What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

Hydrobud

Howdy folks. I’m about to start a new grow and got some Trinidad moruga scorpions there that I’m gonna try to grow in coco with liquid, hydro nutes.
Anyone ever tried it? Do they feed like weed plants?
I’m pretty good at feeding weed by eye so assuming I’ll be able to just figure it out as I go?
Any tips for chillis in coco or anything obvious that might catch me out?
Been growing weed for 4 years so I know how coco works, just haven’t got the faintest idea about chillis lol.
I’ve got veg,bloom, pk, ca/mg, si and bennies. Figure veg for veg then bloom once the fruits pop. Leave the pk out and see what happens at the time with the ca/mg.
sound like it will work? What you reckon dudes?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
all my peppers (car. reapers, lemon hots,thai, fatelli/etc) that i have overwintered 3-4-5yrs in my greenhouse room , are now out in full sun for 3 weeks, and look like SHIT... between the aphids, other pests this winter they took a beating... i'm treating them with luv and care, and most if all should make it, but man they look like shit...

HorseBadoritiz

Howdy folks. I’m about to start a new grow and got some Trinidad moruga scorpions there that I’m gonna try to grow in coco with liquid, hydro nutes.
Anyone ever tried it? Do they feed like weed plants?
I’m pretty good at feeding weed by eye so assuming I’ll be able to just figure it out as I go?
Any tips for chillis in coco or anything obvious that might catch me out?
Been growing weed for 4 years so I know how coco works, just haven’t got the faintest idea about chillis lol.
I’ve got veg,bloom, pk, ca/mg, si and bennies. Figure veg for veg then bloom once the fruits pop. Leave the pk out and see what happens at the time with the ca/mg.
sound like it will work? What you reckon dudes?

Never grew peppers in coco, but it's the only way I grow weed, lol!

I don't use synthetic anythings on peppers, we make sauces and folks want things au natural.

If it were me, I'd have a good bit of soluble Ca on hand, maybe more than a good bit.

I'm assuming you're going in pots... what size?

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Im just starting with chilis.
ChocolateTrinidad maruga scorpions and red Carolina reaper. Got 8 out of 11 maruga germinated and 4 out of 11 reaper so far. Expecting more of the reapers to come up in the next week.

Sunshineinabag

Corno di toro

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_084244.jpg
    IMG_20200704_084244.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200626_113413.jpg
    IMG_20200626_113413.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 21

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
4 of 5 of my reapers made it - also 1 lemon hot and 1 thai- i think all my jalapeno and fatelli's are history... this what happens when u overwinter in a green house room, and u bring in 100+ diff plants- its impossible to spray em all, i think this fall when i bring them in , i will use a drdoom bomb... maybe it will kill some of the nasties...

Sunshineinabag

They did well

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_100951.jpg
    IMG_20200910_100951.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200910_101051.jpg
    IMG_20200910_101051.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200910_100943.jpg
    IMG_20200910_100943.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 16

LostTribe

Premium user
My Reapers aren't doing Jack. Trinidad Scorpions and Ghosts looking plentiful. Just got to decide what to do with them half are red. I like ghost salsa but only tried store bought haven't looked for recipes yet. Gotta pick some so the rest finish. The Thai birds eye are my favorite and they are plenty hot considering their small stature. Fhhhhheeeeeewwwww!

HorseBadoritiz

Been a strange year here in NC, at least in my little part. I've gotten one harvest off the Fataliis, and none off the Tabascos, yet.

It's looking like there will be a nice bunch of Tabascos in the end, but I've usually had 2x harvests by now, with a third coming.

The Fataliis will give another harvest, but it's not gonna be a big one.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
So I checked today. Two fruits on my reaper plant were soft soggy and rotten. Three other had fallen off.

Any ideas. Theres no sign of insect intervention. The fruits were all lower on the plant infact I think they were the first fruits.

HorseBadoritiz

They may not have gotten enough calcium, peppers are Ca pigs. Mine are in pots, I hit them with soluble gypsum every few weeks.

Do y'all pick the late flowers off? Seems these have gotten a second wind, but there's no way they'll fruit.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Do y'all pick the late flowers off? Seems these have gotten a second wind, but there's no way they'll fruit.

my reapers are still producing like MoFo's- picking prob 100/150 tomm morn and giving to my local mex rest. guy - he cuts em in half, and puts each half on a 1/2 avocado and eats em- FUK... i can't even eat the stinger ...and i LUV hot food... they are way to hot for me..

this guy did say the longer the stinger, the hotter the pepper- is that true???

my thai's have stopped producing, but the fatelli's are still turning yellow... again they are way toooo hot for me...

my lemon hots also are still producing, and these i like a lot...

also have some jalapeno's.... they are tasty, but tooo mild...

my buddy gave me some hab's - they are hot, but eatable for me, but i don't taste anything but .. hot...

next season i want some peppers hot as hab's.... but tasty... any suggestions???