This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Since I love spicy food I googled the hottest pepper and found the bhut jolokia.

Did you ever taste them? I like peppers too, but the taste of the bhuts has nothing to do with spicy!! It is not even a taste, but pure pain (remembering the first time i tasted my indoorgrown Bhuts, i´m still crying).

Edit: Wear at least handgloves, better glasses too, when you handle the Bhuts fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by frantischek View Post

Did you ever taste them? I like peppers too, but the taste of the bhuts has nothing to do with spicy!! It is not even a taste, but pure pain (remembering the first time i tasted my indoorgrown Bhuts, i´m still crying).

Edit: Wear at least handgloves, better glasses too, when you handle the Bhuts fruits.
      No I haven't. The hottest I've had is only habaneros. 300K~

Wow pure pain huh? Have you seen the video on YouTube of the guy who eats SUPER hot chilis? He even tells you flavors he picks up before the nasty side effects.

Not sure if this is a legit bhut probably a naga which is a relative because Bhuts are longer
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaEjc...=youtube_gdata

Comment

I also like growing hot peppers. Everything else is easy to grow but peppers are a bit finicky.

this year I've got the following:
        - Filius Blue hot pepper (also referred to as peri-peri). This one is really cool, it has very delicate tiny blue flowers and the peppers themselves will look like small purple/blue grapes.

- Friars Hat pepper - the fruits have a really cool shape, thought I'd give em a try.

-Rooster spur - grew these last year, good staple for many recipes.

-thai dragon - same deal, grew em last year and and liked them

-Hot orange ginger pepper - don't know much about this one.

-a wide variety of more common peppers like cayennes, red chili, jalepeno and habenero.

Comment

peppers are amazing, and if you cook even better.

Comment

Hehee, I've got some 600 000 scoville sauce that I've been still scared to try. I'm lightweight when it comes to chiles. But then again naga morich powder is really good when used in moderation. Last year they sold them fresh at the markets, maybe this year again..

Comment

Everyone's peppers are looking great!

I have scoured the internet for detailed nutrient requirements for peppers but have not found much other than high N and P. So i've decided to use similar methods as cannabis.

My soil mix is OBBT proportions because once the seedlings are big enough to transplant they are going into OBBTs.

~50% Happy Frog
              ~25% Coco coir (rinsed 3 times and treated with Calmg+ and lemon juice in the 3rd rinse)
              ~12.5% Perlite
              ~12.5% Vermiculite

For nutes i pre-mixed in (per 5 gallons soil)
              1 cup blood meal
              1 cup high P bat guano
              2 cup biotone starter plus
              1 tbs epson salt
              2 tbs lime

I have been watering with carbon filtered tap water with the PH taken down with some lemon juice, i have slightly alkaline tap water (8ish). Then about every 4th water ill add some calmg+ and liquid kelp following the label for amounts. The last time i did that they really seemed to have a growth spurt. They also are very sensitive to over watering. I will wait till they are so dry looking that i am scared to wait another day, then wait that extra day to water and they really like it.

Right now I have the seedlings under two 26w 6500K PL-c bulbs. I was planning on putting them under 4 26w 2700k PL-c when i transplant them into the OBBT buckets but i recently read that peppers preferred the blue end of the spectrum. I don't know how true this is so i might experiment a little.

Any thoughts on light requirements?

Comment

Nice thread! I picked up some run-of-the mill Habanero and Jalapeno starts today.
                Good stuff!
                BMR in flower
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=170303

Topsoil in the soil mix
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Cheeze1 View Post
                  Nice thread! I picked up some run-of-the mill Habanero and Jalapeno starts today.
                  Good stuff!
                  Have you done before or did we inspire you?!

Comment

Forget Bhut Jolokia, now the strongest chilli pepper in the world is from...Grantham in UK ! it's called the Infinity and was measured at 1,067,286 (Bhut J is 1,041,427).

Irie !
                    "To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBoom View Post
                      Have you done before or did we inspire you?!
                      Hi,my name is CC1 and I have a problem with hot peppers.

I use them on almost everything,and it is anything I can get. Mostly what's available for the quick fix.
                      Once in a while at the Farmers Market I'll find a cool variety.

The little red Thai peppers are handy....they work well for me because I can just pluck a few when you need to without cutting a larger pepper.
                      Not putting a lot of time in the garden this year as far as peppers go....BIZZY doing herb stuff.
                      BMR in flower
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=170303

Topsoil in the soil mix
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"

Comment

Much praise for growing those super hot types!!!

I dabble in growing a few peppers every year.

No crazy hot ones like the nagas or bhut.

This year in the garden:

Caribbean Red
                        Cherry Bomb
                        Kung Pao
                        Red Cayenne
                        Sandia
                        Santa Fe Grande
                        Gypsy
                        Purple Beauty
                        1st place - - 2010 Best Bud of Boulder - "Most Potent". "Stone Mountain"
                        1st place - 2011 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Sativa. " Moonshine haze"
                        1st place - 2012 HighTimes Medical Cup Los Angeles - Indica. "Doc's OG"
                        May 2012 - HighTimes "Strongest Strain on Earth" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
                        Dec 2012 - HighTimes "Top 10 strains of the year" - OG GhostTrain Haze #1
                        2nd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hash. "Tangerine Compound"
                        3rd place - 2012 HighTimes Cannabis Cup - Seed Co Hybrid. "Rug Burn OG"
                        1st Place - 2013 Best of the Best Michigan Medical MJ Report competition. (also highest THC test for comp) "Scott's OG"
                        2nd place - 2013 High Times Medical Cup Los Angeles Sativa. Ghost Train Haze #1 grown by Kyle Kushman
                        2013 High Times Top 10 Hazes of All time. Ghost Train Haze #1

www.raredankness.com

Comment

Naga morich (Bhut J?) is powerful, but the taste is too floral. Too overpowering. Aji Cristal is one of my favourite. Good taste and medium to strong potency. All around chili. Lemon drop is other good, not as hot as Aji, but perhaps better taste.
                          FMS Iced G & WWxBB, Dinafem PKush, Paradise Belladonna, Nirvana Cali O & NLxHaze, CSG G-13 mix, GHS AH
                          Garden of Hex
                          Hex plays with water
                          Hex goes experimental

Comment

Yeah! Peppers are awesome. I cant wait until I get a proper green house.

Comment

great plants guys
                              sigpic

Comment

We're doing our first run of chilis this year aswell. Here's what's on balkony:

Bhut Jolokia
                                Cajamarca
                                Conquistadore
                                Yellow Cherry
                                Hot Lemon
                                Peter Pepper
                                Round of Hungary
                                Serrano

Some of them got a sun burn last weekend as it was the first "real" sunny day we had so far. They'll recover though.
                                The Electronic Music Thread....

Comment

Working...
                                X