Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can report in that green reapers, are not as hot as a red reaper in the heat of august.... but they are still MoFo's.... .... but with them being a bit less fiery, people say the 1st bite is fruity... and i tasted fruity last nite, but then the hotness... i ate about 1/4 of the pepper then it was shit-canned, and i ate some lemon hots and a couple of thai's

Comment

How hard are pepper plants to clone? Can one do it the same way as they do cannabis?

Got almost ten chocolate ghost peppers that have been growing up in our loft from seed since May. It took them forever to really get growing. Was originally planing on growing them outside, but that has long passed. Now I think we will try flowering them inside, after cloning them first?

Comment

if u r growing em inside , why clone em as they r perennials... my peppers in pots r 5+ years old... i just bring em in every fall, cut em back, n they r ready next spring...

Comment

Originally posted by KONY View Post
          How hard are pepper plants to clone? Can one do it the same way as they do cannabis?

Got almost ten chocolate ghost peppers that have been growing up in our loft from seed since May. It took them forever to really get growing. Was originally planing on growing them outside, but that has long passed. Now I think we will try flowering them inside, after cloning them first?

Some can be cloned. I've only done tabascos. Took a while, so be patient. Bottom heat helped.

Comment

I tried to clone my Thai birds eye in the window sill after dipping in clonex after 3 weeks nothing. I put it in the aero cloner to see.

I did not want to bring outside plants indoor as I was worried they would have hitchhikers that might spread to other plants. Being that they were basically in quarantine for 3 weeks I am not worried now and hope they root. Need more hotties!

Still haven't made hot sauce gotta get on that before they start to rot. Hopefully this week.
            LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post

I did not want to bring outside plants indoor as I was worried they would have hitchhikers that might spread to other plants. Being that they were basically in quarantine for 3 weeks I am not worried now and hope they root. .
              thats always a worry, n every year i bring some in... this year i'm going to bomb the room - drdoom doesn't kill all of em, but it does work on quite a few ... i also have some powder which i sprinkle on the soil... can't use it on the peppers... but on the hibiscus,jasmine,gardenia, etc all get a nice dusting...

Comment

Originally posted by noknees View Post
                oh bother.

i've been interested in growing some datils for a while. would hate to invest time and effort into janky/bs seeds.
                any recommendations? or anybody have experience with datil peppers? TIA
                It's a Florida pepper and has a huge following in some communities. Even a yearly festival. Those aren't exactly a rare pepper so they are fairly easy to get.

Outside of Datil, I'd suggest Aji Pineapple - similar peppers. If you want something a bit hotter with a similar sweetness present, look into Fatalii or MOA Bonnets.

dank.Frank
                Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading as counter
                culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
                self-justifications catering to the morally
                ambiguous for the sake of the
                ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
                sigpic

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

I like to sweat on my forehead when eating lol
                  I eat legos

Comment

so there are reapers and scorpions at a store here imported from the netherlands melissa's brand, I grabbed a pack of the reapers and tried making a sauce with it

it came out amazing for my first try and I really can't diss on reapers, but I have to say based on the 7 pot primo sauces I've had that primos are a meaner pepper

the official listing for reapers is pakistani nagaXred habanero

nice fruity chili pepper nose, not quite as fruity as 7 pot primos, relatively low mouth pain compared to ghost pepper experiences I've had

but here's the deal, the heat from reapers is a lot easier to tame than 7 pot primos, it doesn't last and last like the primo heat and water helps a lot more

I put 6 peppers in what simmered down to a 5oz bottle, lots of garlic

Comment

Originally posted by mexweed View Post
                      so there are reapers and scorpions at a store here imported from the netherlands melissa's brand, I grabbed a pack of the reapers and tried making a sauce with it

it came out amazing for my first try and I really can't diss on reapers, but I have to say based on the 7 pot primo sauces I've had that primos are a meaner pepper

the official listing for reapers is pakistani nagaXred habanero

nice fruity chili pepper nose, not quite as fruity as 7 pot primos, relatively low mouth pain compared to ghost pepper experiences I've had

but here's the deal, the heat from reapers is a lot easier to tame than 7 pot primos, it doesn't last and last like the primo heat and water helps a lot more

I put 6 peppers in what simmered down to a 5oz bottle, lots of garlic

View Image
                      I will pay to see you chug that! I was thinking a case of bottles for that many ghosts or scorpions.
                      LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

it's hot but I've had hotter bottles of exhorresco, it's definitely hotter than reapercussion, about on par with hydra 7 pot but a bit more punch up front

I did add a tsp of sugar while it was simmering and a couple tbsp of orange juice, the next bottle I'm going to try replacing the 1/4 cup water with orange juice and not add any granulated sugar

I think the hottest 7 pot primo hasn't been recorded or at least the number hasn't been released, I see most places saying it averages 1.5 million and even up to 1.9 million, not every reaper is 2.2 million and I have a hunch that primos average higher

Comment

Carolina Reaper and Ghost pepper (orange). First time growing these. The growing environment wasn't ideal with only 4-5 hours of direct sun, but they're definitely hot. The reaper is huge (4' tall by 4' wide) and super sturdy like a good hybrid. The Ghost pepper reminds me of a finicky sativa. It grew kind of viney with weak limbs and is taking several weeks longer than the reaper, whose 1st harvest was 3 weeks ago. Plenty of peppers still left on the plants, but not sure how much longer they'll last with the weather getting cold.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LostTribe View Post
                            I was thinking a case of bottles for that many ghosts or scorpions.
                            it was ~1oz of fresh peppers

I ordered primo, reaper, and scorpion seeds for spring

Comment

well... its been a good summer, but the cold is upon us... just picked the last of the lemon hots which are excellent producers , only had '2' plants, a few jalapenos, n a few fatelli's - i harvested about 500 reapers last week and gave them to the local mex. rest. most were green and still wayyyy hot... , and the red ones were...well... reapers... not aug hot weather hot, but still MoFo's....
                              Attached Files

Comment

So here's my first chocolate Trinidad Maruga Scorpion. Safe to say due to being in the middle of a severe crohn's flare up I will not be trying it myself. Instead my brother from another mother will be doing the lipsink testing.
                                sigpic
                                SI POST FATA VENIT GLORIA NON PROPERO

Comment

Working...
                                X