Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love the hottest peppers!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The peppers are finally starting to pop. So far there is 4 of 8. I guess they are hard to germinate, so I won't be too disappointed if the rest don't show. They are really small plants so I guess I am used to germinating Cannabis. So far a couple Manzanos, and Carribbean Red Hot but no Bishop's Crown yet.

    Comment


      One of my chocolate habaneros is turning into a producing machine, slow to get going but now putting out a huge flush of peppers. I’ll try and get a picture. We’ll see how many finish before the hard frost. This always happens when I plant habs…I always end up with more then I know what to do with.

      Anybody have a good recipe for habanero hot sauce. I used to have one for a mango habanero sauce but can’t find it.

      Comment


        You could make some powder?

        I'm hoping to be up to my eyeballs in all different sorts of hot peppers in a few months too.

        Comment


          its been a good year- my '4' reapers are still producing, tho slower then in aug- my fatelli (one plant) is hotter then a mofo, and my lemon hots are still producing- my one thai plant produced 100's of peppers, tasty, but on the mild side- jalapeno's were bit on mild side, and i have one plant, not sure what it is, rather large ans slim which are also really hot, but unlike the reapers , they are eatable ....i have given hundreds of reapers to local mex rest. the guy luv's em... eats em whole.... crazy shit

          Comment


            It has been good here, too. We got 15lbs of reapers so far, and about twice as much coming!


            I decided to buy tabasco and fatalli plants this year, big mistake. The supplier couldn't supply.


            My son makes a fermented sauce that's pretty popular around here, now we'll have to buy tabascos and fatalli (great flavors from both), unless someone here has a couple of bushels to spare, lol!

            Comment


              Try thehotpepper dot com. There are a lot of retailers and theyre pretty chill to fellow growers. Many grow cannabis too and I convinced a few to sign up here.

              Comment


                Originally posted by HorseBadoritiz View Post
                It has been good here, too. We got 15lbs of reapers so far, and about twice as much coming!

                I decided to buy tabasco and fatalli plants this year, big mistake. The supplier couldn't supply.

                My son makes a fermented sauce that's pretty popular around here, now we'll have to buy tabascos and fatalli (great flavors from both), unless someone here has a couple of bushels to spare, lol!
                I picked up some Fatalli for the first time this year from our farmer's market. Was a cooler summer so all my peppers didn't start producing til late. Have three Fatalli plants that only have about a dozen ripe yellow fruit between them, the rest of the fruits are all bright green. Pretty much same with the orange habanero and yellow mushroom peppers I have going this year. Hard to grow really hot peppers in cooler climates.

                I tried making some fermented pepper sauce last year but the yeast on top took overt pretty quick.Trying to remove it caused it to break up and go throughout the solution, so I pitched the whole thing lol.

                Got some Fish Pepper plants from a local nursery that were interesting looking with various degrees of white/green striped fruit.
                Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

                1 sqft CFL Cab & other CFL micro cabs

                Comment


                  Originally posted by blynx View Post
                  I picked up some Fatalli for the first time this year from our farmer's market. Was a cooler summer so all my peppers didn't start producing til late. Have three Fatalli plants that only have about a dozen ripe yellow fruit between them, the rest of the fruits are all bright green. Pretty much same with the orange habanero and yellow mushroom peppers I have going this year. Hard to grow really hot peppers in cooler climates.

                  I tried making some fermented pepper sauce last year but the yeast on top took overt pretty quick.Trying to remove it caused it to break up and go throughout the solution, so I pitched the whole thing lol.

                  Got some Fish Pepper plants from a local nursery that were interesting looking with various degrees of white/green striped fruit.

                  Do you like the taste of the fatallis? I really love them, especially with other really hots! Gives a lot of depth to stupid hot, lol!



                  Our summer was ridiculously hot, and all my peppers are in 15g pots, and I think they liked it.


                  What do you use for yeast?


                  We just use vinegar that's a mother. and a little lacto.


                  We strain before bottling, too.


                  Totally unrelated, but still pepper talk, a couple of years ago a friend in Texas sent me some chiltipins. I think that's the name, little round balls of spicy heat. They are nice, though, because the initial heat dissipates quickly so you can gobble some more!


                  I put one plant in the ground last year, and it did well, and croaked like peppers do.


                  After everything was in for the summer, I saw a bit of a stump where it used to be, so I tended it, and it's a pepper plant!


                  Flowers and green fruits so far, but that sucker did regrow... pretty cool (for a hot thing) in my book!


                  I know it's sick, but I love everything about peppers!

                  Comment


                    .
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      Gonna give some of these a shot

                      Cannabutter for dummies.
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334088

                      "Just right is a fine line between mistakes"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by shishkaboy View Post
                        Gonna give some of these a shot

                        View Image
                        wow... better make sure your toilet is fully functional ...

                        Comment


                          I tried a piece of charred tazmainian hab.with some sea salt..I almost died.

                          I noticed a decomposing type smell and some black build up in the pods. Deffo not edible. The guy that grew them gave them prolly did t store them well enough. I just wanted the seeds so it worked out for me....

                          This all is because I tried a shishito pepper a few days ago and that thing was amazing...
                          Cannabutter for dummies.
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334088

                          "Just right is a fine line between mistakes"

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by shishkaboy View Post
                            This all is because I tried a shishito pepper a few days ago and that thing was amazing...
                            i don't understand shishito's...which i luv... how is 8 of em not spicy, n then the 9th one is??? n all 9 r from the same plant...

                            Comment


                              Even jalapenos will throw out a spicier one just to keep you on your toes!


                              Peppers cross pollinate like crazy. I grew seeds from a super hot collection of pods. None were true to the original. I'm sure there could be something special to come out of them, but I've gone back to breeder's packs, lol!

                              Comment


                                just picked a fatelli that i have brought into my greenhouse room, still throwing out peppers- man the tip of the fatelli was smokin hot-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X