What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trouble Mixing Tincture with Other Liquids

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Are you doing this in an oven or stove top?

You want the oil to be at 250 for not more than 30 minutes. Putting it in the oven at 250 for 30 minutes isn't going to take you there. So you want a very gentle heat over a gas flame, or indirect heating. Water and 250 F oil. No.

PDX Dopesmoker

I've decarbed hash oil in the oven in a little glass jar, once the glass heats up the process works. I usually set the oven to 275ºF and eyeball the oil's bubbling rate through the oven window, the amount of time involved varies so much based on all the different variables that eyeballing it seems like the best way, but usually about 20-25 minutes or so for small amounts like a gram, bigger batches seem like they take longer to heat up completely.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
As I was making some butter this afternoon from 75 gr ABV, I thought about how much time/temp we put into the effort.

I will disregard the initial vaping...

4 hours in the crock-pot with boiling water at 212*F, then chill the butter.

Possibly another wash in the crock pot with fresh water boiling. Maybe 1/2 hr boiling.

Then cooking the cookies 11 mins at 365*F, but the frozen doughball means the goodies don't cook that hot, for that long. They work anyways, so what?

DenverJim

I use 7-10 grams dry sift in 50 ml of 190 proof grain. then just a dropper or 2 on the tongue sure it burns for a bit some tastes better than others. The goal is to get sublingual absorption rather than having the liver process the THC into delta 11. However, using finger even with an iso extraction is really foul. Peyote buds are far worse and nauseating but the effects are worth it.
i have done the citric acid method for decarbing. I don't like the high seems to be to edgy.

laszlokovacs

Never was able to get past this myself. A lot of what crashes out is lipids/waxes and at least when i was doing it it would only happen in the final (water-based) liquid. I think most of the thc stays in the everclear and gets diluted as long as it sort of clouds up the mixture (think louche with absinthe). If you winterize you can pull more of these fats out but I never completely got rid of the problem. I used bags which helps I think.

I finally just abandoned tincture drinks. What I do now is make a simple syrup from fruit, sugar, and water on the stove and add in some rosin dissolved into ethanol towards the end. If you mix them well and long enough it becomes like a thick syrup and the sugar seems to hold everything together ok just add a dash of everclear at the very end. I made one with fresh peaches with a tiny bit of bourbon and vanilla that doesnt leave any crap on glasses a few days ago- vastly improved over just dropping tincture in- just super sweet

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Water absorbs alcohol, and alcohol can only absorb so much wax/oil. Adding it to water will lower the amount of alcohol as it mixes with the water, leaving wax and oil behind.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I use a >90% oleic acid organic/winterized sunflower oil as my go to carrier oil for most of my edibles. I use MCT occasionally, but if I mix any artificial sweetener (stevia, erythritol, etc.) it definitely loosens the bowels up.

Latest posts

Latest posts