What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis to butter ratio

two heads

Veteran
Hi, my first post in Cooking With Cannabis so apologies if this has already been discussed. I post mainly in the Outdoor forum but I had such a great year out there I bought a Magical Buttr machine to up my edibles game. I know the MB machine is overpriced but it's idiot proof and makes making butter awful easy. Anyway, I figure my question applies to the machine or more traditional methods.

I used 100 grams of bud (maybe 9% THC) with 800 grams of ghee (about 3 cups) for my first batch of canna butter, which is around double the ratio recommended in the Magical Buttr recipe. It turned out great but got me wondering at what point you surpass the ability of the butter to absorb the THC.

Does anyone know what the limit of absorption is for THC in butter, or ghee? I know using everclear allows for a higher ratio of THC to carrier but I'm curious to know at what point I'm simply wasting weed.

Latest posts

Latest posts