No announcement yet.

Decarboxylation in H20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think that I remember that basic slant in one of the mags.

It's the delivery. and the age. we have gone PC nuts it's true. Plus funny pictures are funny. They had pretty good art.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

K, guess I'll to watch it sometime.
      Terpene Amplification

Comment

So, if I can provide a link.... it's no longer racist? But, if I was the first one to write it, I'm a racist?

You have fucked up standards, dude. LMAO

Love you man. Don't be mad. I just don't understand people like you.

Here's a link but before you read it, you'll need to come out of that tiny box you live in just a little and open your mind (as well as your heart). Otherwise, when you hear them call Africans.... "Probably not people at all. Probably some kind of monkey", you're going to go ape shit (no pun intended.) LMAO Oh, and yes, they use the "N" word in describing them. OMG, can you believe it. The "N" word. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands after typing that. LMAO The world is fucked up and Mel Brooks is dead. And, it's because of people like you. Peace.

https://imgur.com/gallery/H1X8R

And, no, it wasn't Chevy. It was his boss, P.J. O'Rourke. I think he was "Stork" in Animal House. The really goofy looking one. Incredibly talented man.

Love you bud but...... learn to laugh.

The American Psychiatric Association's standard reference for psychiatry defines over 450 different mental disorders. I suffer from most of them.
        Please be understanding if I act a tiny bit unusual at times. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringodoggie View Post
          So, if I can provide a link.... it's no longer racist? But, if I was the first one to write it, I'm a racist?

You have fucked up standards, dude. LMAO

Love you man. Don't be mad. I just don't understand people like you.

Here's a link but before you read it, you'll need to come out of that tiny box you live in just a little and open your mind (as well as your heart). Otherwise, when you hear them call Africans.... "Probably not people at all. Probably some kind of monkey", you're going to go ape shit (no pun intended.) LMAO Oh, and yes, they use the "N" word in describing them. OMG, can you believe it. The "N" word. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands after typing that. LMAO The world is fucked up and Mel Brooks is dead. And, it's because of people like you. Peace.

And, no, it wasn't Chevy. It was his boss, P.J. O'Rourke. I think he was "Stork" in Animal House. The really goofy looking one. Incredibly talented man.

I deleted that.
          Terpene Amplification

Comment

Shit dude, you didn't have to do that. Now, I feel bad. LOL

You're a big man. That's what it takes to say and do that. Someday, I'll buy ya a beer.

OK, back on topic. LOL

You know, come to think of it, I always added water to my oil and weed when I infused as well. Then, I just cool in the fridge and the oil hardens at the top and I toss the water.

I never considered that some of the terps are water soluble and were tossed out with the bath water. LOL

Either way, sous vide resolves that problem completely. I won't be a bit surprised if this becomes the defacto method for commercial decarb'ing in the future. Especially, since you can easily decarb 5 or 10 pounds at a time in a small space with little effort. I see a 50 gallon drum with a giant immersion cooker decarb'ing 10 pounds at a time. LOL

The American Psychiatric Association's standard reference for psychiatry defines over 450 different mental disorders. I suffer from most of them.

Comment

Proper Forms of Address: Ginzo, guinea, dago, spaghetti-bender, wop.
              don't forget 'wog'....
              Neem has been used extensively by humankind to treat various ailments before the availability of written records which recorded the beginning of history.

We are not criminals - they are the criminals for criminalising cannabis horticulture -Gypsy Nirvana

Comment

You know, come to think of it, I always added water to my oil and weed when I infused as well. Then, I just cool in the fridge and the oil hardens at the top and I toss the water.

I never considered that some of the terps are water soluble and were tossed out with the bath water. LOL
                good observation...
                Neem has been used extensively by humankind to treat various ailments before the availability of written records which recorded the beginning of history.

We are not criminals - they are the criminals for criminalising cannabis horticulture -Gypsy Nirvana

Comment

love the aussie one....cockless sheilas....FML...

looks like the Mongolians got a free pass....

Comment

I made some icewater hashish and there was some oil on the surface of the water.

Probably Terps.
                    Terpene Amplification

Comment

We have definitely been tossing out the baby with the bathwater for a long time.

Still, bubble hash was always my favorite, and most flavorful cannabis product. I wonder why?

Also, is there a difference if the trichrome is 'broken open' or not?

All the terps and cannabinoids are inside the little stalk and head (the trichrome). If that does not get ruptured, it will not desolve in water. And, it will not fall through the bubble bag.

So, only the trics that were 'smashed' or 'opened' in the process were actually mixed with the water (and, consequently) thrown out.

Is that it?

I'm sure some of the trichs are compromised during the ice process.

Hmmmmm?

Comment

I think you are on to something. It works when applied to dry sift. The pictures show intact trichromes.

That which matters most

Comment

As for mixing water and oil in a crock pot when extracting, yeah, I'm sure we opened all the little trichs and probably threw out anything that was water soluble.

I imagine the heating process, 'melts' the trics and it all blends with the oil/butter. Except the hydrophilic stuff.

Strange that this has never been brought up before. All this new information about terpenes requires some thing to be re-thought.

Comment

I'm going to go straight into the Magical Butter Machine with fresh buds, coconut oil and lecithin and set it to 190F for 2 hours. I have been oven decarbing for years. Thanks for thinking.
                            “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                            Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

I was just thinking something similar..... I just harvested and I want to make some edibles NOW !!! LOL

I was wondering if I could use fresh buds or if I need to wait for them to dry and cure first.

I did read once that it is OK as long as you leave it in the oven a little longer to allow for water evap... which kind of makes sense.

I will be decarbing via Sous vide so I won't be using an oven.

Kind of curious if anything will be different. I may allow a slightly longer time than normal just because it's still moist and fresh.

I guess the only way to really know id to try it... LOL

Don't forget the lecithin

Comment

I was wondering if I could use fresh buds or if I need to wait for them to dry and cure first.
                                I meant fresh dried buds, not green. I suspect fresh green buds may get tangled in the agitator.
                                “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                                Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Working...
                                X