What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gummies!

gmo

Veteran
Decarb material and infuse coconut oil at 160f for 1 hour in Magical Butter Machine. Add sunflower lecithin at a rate of 1Tbs. per 1/4C of coconut oil. I used 8Tbs. for 2 cups.

1 ounce (28g) ​​​​Knox gelatin
1 6oz (170g) package of jello
1/4C infused coconut oil (I used liquid coconut oil)
60g hot water to dissolve jello
60g cold water to bloom gelatin

I used a pyrex bowl on top of a boiling pot of water to create a double boiler to melt the jello and gelatine mixture in. I was warned not to allow the mixture to get hotter than 140f to prevent the gelatin from breaking down.

In your heated double boiler dissolve the jello in to 60g of hot water.
Add your coconut oil and mix until it's incorporated
Add gelatin that has been bloomed for 3-5 minutes
Stir, stir, stir until the gelatin has been incorporated

At this point, quickness is good. Transfer the gummy liquid into a squeeze bottle and squeeze in to molds. Allow the molds to set in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove gummies from molds and lay on a baking sheet. Allow them to sweat for a few hours before rolling in sugar. Re-lay the coated gummies out for 24hrs before packaging.

I used gummy bear molds that are about 1"x.5" and each batch was making approximately 75 gummies.

I was told these are shelf stable, but will be storing mine in the fridge/freezer.

20210727_232728.jpg
20210727_232853.jpg
20210727_232742.jpg
20210727_232818.jpg
20210727_232844.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Click image for larger version  Name:	0820211138.jpg Views:	3 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	17926564

My recipe is slightly different.

1 box Jello (standard size)
2 Tsp. Unflavored Gelatin
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (infused)
1/2 cup liquid (Red Bull)

Over low heat in a saucepan, combine Coconut Oil and water/liquid using a whisk. In a bowl combine Jello and Gelatin. Add this to your warmed Oil/Liquid blend. Whisk over low heat for 10 minutes, being sure not to boil.. Transfer to molds, place in freezer for 45 minutes to set. Keep Gummies in the fridge to prolong shelf life.

Red Bull is lightly carbonated, so measure it out ahead of time and stir several times until bubbles don't arrise.

The greatest tool you will ever find for leveling the hot liquid into the molds is an Offset Spatula. They use them in cake decorating to get nice smooth lines. Works perfectly to move material from an overfilled spot to an empty one.

This flavor is Stella Blue berry, and yes they have a Touch of Grey.

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
what is the ratio of cannabis to oil you are infusing?

what size are the individual molds?

cheers

Cuddles

Man, those gummies look really yummy and now I want some :biglaugh: thanks god I made choc biscuit last night - better than nothing lol

Cuddles

I love your gummies idea I just need to work on making an organic vegan version for self medication :) Thanks for your post and those gummies are top notch looking bless up

have you ever used agar agar? I wonder if that works for making these types of gummies.

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
what is the ratio of cannabis to oil you are infusing?

what size are the individual molds?

cheers

The ratio from Marijuana Cooking: Good Medicine Made Easy is 1 ounce high quality to 14oz Coconut Oil. When using trim or leaf the ratio should be doubled, tripled or more.

For the squares, the molds are in a sheet of 126 and each holds 2ml and measures .6" x .6" x .4"

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I've been making gummies for about a year now, but have yet to come up with a way of making them shelf stable... mine seem to melt down if they get warm.
I tossed some in citric acid and that definitely didn't work.
Does plain white sugar do the trick?

gmo

Veteran
midwestkid I had a pocket full of them yesterday while I was out and about and they stayed true to share. FWIW yesterday's high was 95f. I think these are pretty stable. I do keep them in the freezer until I'm ready for them.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
midwestkid I had a pocket full of them yesterday while I was out and about and they stayed true to share. FWIW yesterday's high was 95f. I think these are pretty stable. I do keep them in the freezer until I'm ready for them.

Are yours dusted or coated?

gmo

Veteran
midwestkid I rolled them in sugar about 2 hours after taking them out of the molds. This allowed them to sweat some of their retained moisture prior to being coated in sugar.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
midwestkid I rolled them in sugar about 2 hours after taking them out of the molds. This allowed them to sweat some of their retained moisture prior to being coated in sugar.

Mine definitely wouldn't have survived a 95° pocket walk....
What kind of sugar did you use?

blondie

Mine definitely wouldn't have survived a 95° pocket walk....
What kind of sugar did you use?

Hey midwestkid....or anyone else viewing this thread. Was at Costco earlier and saw a great price on coconut oil. It was not liquid but a semi solid gelatinous ball. stamped on the jar it said “Liquid above 76F” . Basically, this particular product melted above 76. Maybe your coconut is like this one.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
Hey midwestkid....or anyone else viewing this thread. Was at Costco earlier and saw a great price on coconut oil. It was not liquid but a semi solid gelatinous ball. stamped on the jar it said “Liquid above 76F” . Basically, this particular product melted above 76. Maybe your coconut is like this one.
Should I be using the coconut oil that hardens or the stuff that stays liquid?

blondie

I see most recipes calling for liquid. I made first batch few days ago and will be making a post on it. I’m not an expert. I recalled reading your post and when I saw that jar I thought maybe your situation.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I see most recipes calling for liquid. I made first batch few days ago and will be making a post on it. I’m not an expert. I recalled reading your post and when I saw that jar I thought maybe your situation.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been tinkering with them for a year now and there's still a couple things I'd like to improve on...
I'd like them to be a little more firm. And I'd like them to stand up to heat a little better. Keep me posted if you figure anything out