X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph W. Llama View Post
    You only need a coffee filter for rough ice hash, so it’s pretty universal. Certainly easier than carbon. As for a carrier, maple syrup seems like a better consistency. You could also dilute honey or any syrup that’s too thick.
    I get what you are saying but it is not about the carrier
    It is about nano emulsion and bioavailability
    Small droplets of cannabis oil in the solution that may be easier to absorb

Leave a comment:

• Ralph W. Llama
    replied
    You only need a coffee filter for rough ice hash, so it’s pretty universal. Certainly easier than carbon. As for a carrier, maple syrup seems like a better consistency. You could also dilute honey or any syrup that’s too thick.

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    I have been doing what you stated above for about 15 months without the hash
    This is flower only extraction method, it was meant to include everyone even if you could only get flower or relied on your grow but could only put small amounts towards edibles
    This method gets easier as you go up the ladder using hash, rosin and other concentrates

People bashed me on the carrier and not the process
    This is about nano emulsion and bioavailability
    The smaller the cannabis oil droplets the better the dispersion and the whole thing is held in suspension with the gums
    This should make it more bioavailable from my miniscule bit of understanding of the research
    With the simple syrup you can take an immersion blender and really disperse the cannabis oil
    The syrup will be thick but fluid and can be thinned to desired consistency within reason

Can you get the same kind of dispersion and suspension with honey/agave/glycerine?
    I hope so but have to test and my research on the honey seems to leave you with a whipped end product thats not fluid but that's with one attempt

Its typically not folks who respond to the thread that are an issue but folks who read their posts and get to you through messaging and email
    People who post to the thread are usually just bored and backhand you but occasionally they can derail the thread
    This is a lot of unknown so I could have been better at posting but inexperience got me

Just a note, if you are doing carbon filtering the celite really helps to remove the carbon and give you a nice clean slightly tinted tincture

But removing this thread would be best until I work out wrinkles
    ​​​​​​
    Remember this is about nano emulsion and bioavailability

Leave a comment:

• Ralph W. Llama
    replied
    Hey bud,

I hope I wasn’t part of the problem and sorry for the trolls in other places. I think your best course is water cure > ice water hash > decarb > tincture > carbon filter > syrup. Water seems to strip flavors pretty effectively in early processing.

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    Have to keep trying!
    Please could I have this thread removed
    I started this project because of an ill family member (cancer) who could not smoke/vape
    The product was the result of trying every carrier we could think of for oral ingestion
    The simple syrup was just an example for an introduction to molecular gastronomy
    Since the video was finished it has been nothing but a nightmare of people who may know something (but probably not) picking it apart
    Its about molecular gastronomy not the syrup but the jerks focus on the wrong point and instead attack the syrup which exposes them as just horrible people who are only posting to be negative
    The syrup is not a dead end but a small example of what can be done with a cold alcohol extraction
    I posted on several sites and thoroughly regret it
    Please if any moderator reads this take the thread down and spare me anymore anguish
    These A-holes will eventually make it here
    Please, it has been a rough year

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    Hi
    Just a request to the moderators
    ​​​​​Could you remove this thread
    This project has caused me too much grief and I need to stop the trolls
    It is beyond ridiculous
    Just trying to make some edibles for sick people
    I cannot believe the hate
    It is imperative this thread be removed
    Please and thank you

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2purN2...has_verified=1

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    There is a lot of debate about the "taste"
    Some folks describe it as chlorophyll taste but detractors say chlorophyll has no taste, others say it is an earthy almost mint like taste (the chlorophyll)
    As usual you get opposing viewpoints that deteriorate into a useless exchange
    The taste is there, why is not important at this point
    What can we do to mitigate the taste?
    I have done a water cure, cold alcohol extraction, multi stage filtering and got results that allow me to eat and drink my edibles with little to no detectable cannabis taste
    Basically looking to hook up with other extraction method members to exchange ideas
    My sister has crippling Rheumatoid Arthritis and the edibles help her a lot for pain management and appetite

Leave a comment:

• Ralph W. Llama
    replied
    I hear you that some folks don’t like the “cannabis” taste, but I am unsure what that really means. The variety of flavors is huge and the off flavors that people tend to associate with edibles and tinctures are mostly chlorophyll based, in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    For some folks the cannabis taste, no matter how strong, does not bother them and they actually like it and it lets them know the edible was infused

For folks like me even the hint of the cannabis taste can turn my stomach
    The quick cold wash does a great job at reducing a lot of the taste and was my go to method before I discovered the carbon/celite scrub for the tincture
    If you can tolerate the taste then the scrub may seem like overkill
    But if you cannot stand the taste then this can open up edibles to you

Leave a comment:

• Ralph W. Llama
    replied
    I have a plant that smells and tastes like mandarin orange spice. The oat milk mix tastes like a creamsicle. Cold quick wash gets the good flavors and leaves behind the chlorophyll.

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    It is still going to produce an earthy cannabis tasting edible
    I think the cold alcohol extraction and carbon/celite filtering will give me the best results
    At some point I will add enough carbon to get a clear tincture
    The above method allows my sister to consume cannabis without vaping or having to deal with the cannabis taste
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you could do two batches, one batch only in the alchohol for 10 minutes, shake and pour off.then let the material soak in a different bit of alc. for the normal time. this first bit will be way less green tasting.
    when i make coconut oil i just boil the herb with water and coco oil so the oil doesnt burn and so the water takes all clorophyll and dust away from the oil. then cool in a freezer, scrape the oil cake bottom for green bits and eat that first, cleaning the rest. big diff in taste.

Leave a comment:

• Tincandtoke
    replied
    Originally posted by cudme View Post
    I am looking for ideas on this as well. gummies seem to be interesting, easy to dose. never tried making them. good real dark chocolate can be mixed with infused coconut oil when melted and it makes a pourable chocolate shell for frozen anything, bananas with peanut butter, etc

There are lots of recipes for gummies
    Agar agar, xanthan and several others do the job well

How do you make your edibles?
    I make an alcohol is extraction that I reduce into coconut oil and simple syrup ( honey and agave are the preferred sugar carrier)

Currently working on refining my filtering process for the tincture
    Some pics of the filtering and reduction orocesses

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am looking for ideas on this as well. gummies seem to be interesting, easy to dose. never tried making them. good real dark chocolate can be mixed with infused coconut oil when melted and it makes a pourable chocolate shell for frozen anything, bananas with peanut butter, etc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X