Anyone doing cold alcohol extraction to make tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very familiar with water curing and have done it multiple times
    Once I went with the carbon and celite to filter the "extraction" the water cure became unnecessary unless you wanted to remove as much of the cannabis taste as possible
    ​​​​​

Before you folks get your knives out to go to work please take into consideration that some us are just trying to share information and get advice
    I'm not going to step on any toes and I will try to get out as quickly as possible

Territorial behavoir has become so toxic
    High school drama on a global scale, thanks internet

I use cannabis for pain management
    No pain killers of any kind
    I'm working on sugar based carriers because infused coconut oil knocks me on my ass for up to 12 hours
    Not something for daily consumption, almost a narcotic effect

Wanted to find out what people are doing with their extractions and tincture and exchange ideas and recipes
    Thought I would go more than a few hours before the inevitable backhand
    If there is any interest pm or dm me so I'm not stepping on toes

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Tincandtoke View Post
      I'm very familiar with water curing and have done it multiple times
      Once I went with the carbon and celite to filter the "extraction" the water cure became unnecessary unless you wanted to remove as much of the cannabis taste as possible
      ​​​​​

Before you folks get your knives out to go to work please take into consideration that some us are just trying to share information and get advice
      I'm not going to step on any toes and I will try to get out as quickly as possible

Territorial behavoir has become so toxic
      High school drama on a global scale, thanks internet

I use cannabis for pain management
      No pain killers of any kind
      I'm working on sugar based carriers because infused coconut oil knocks me on my ass for up to 12 hours
      Not something for daily consumption, almost a narcotic effect

Wanted to find out what people are doing with their extractions and tincture and exchange ideas and recipes
      Thought I would go more than a few hours before the inevitable backhand
      If there is any interest pm or dm me so I'm not stepping on toes

​​
      I would like to PM you on the subject. In case you didn't recognize my avatar, I am a med patient as well. I make my own pills etc... Once you are a full fledged mbr, PM me your email addy. I will send you the calculator I created for dosing. If coconut oil knocks you on your ass for 12 hrs, you need to dilute them e.g use more oil. I have pills of varying potency for varying circumstances from 15 to 65mg.

BTW MCT oil better that coconut oil as it doesn't taste like coconut oil, and medium chain triglycerides provides a pathway from your gut to the blood brain barrier via the liver, without the use of Lecithin.
      Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
      but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
      may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post

I would like to PM you on the subject. In case you didn't recognize my avatar, I am a med patient as well. I make my own pills etc... Once you are a full fledged mbr, PM me your email addy. I will send you the calculator I created for dosing. If coconut oil knocks you on your ass for 12 hrs, you need to dilute them e.g use more oil. I have pills of varying potency for varying circumstances from 15 to 65mg.

BTW MCT oil better that coconut oil as it doesn't taste like coconut oil, and medium chain triglycerides provides a pathway from your gut to the blood brain barrier via the liver, without the use of Lecithin.
        Ok, that will probably be a while, if ever
        Is there some sort of boot camp or fast track
        Maybe I reach in my pocket and a certain amount of money falls out, I don't notice, next day I'm a full fledged member
        Disclaimer: "certain amount of money"cannot exceed $18 US

​​​​most of what I do is directed at home growers and folks who only have access to flower for whatever reason
        both of them

The cannabis taste of edibles was too much for me so I found a way to minimize or eliminate the taste
        Just wanted to exchange ideas with the tincture crowd
        ​​​​​​

Comment

... only 29 to go. You've been here since 2020 therefore your 30 days wait is up

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

switcher,, you know that ` real ´ coconut oil doesn´t really smell or taste of coconut oil. I used to get mine from an asian supermarket and it´s scentless as well as flavourless. The stuff I get from other shops however is different . total coconut The two types are processed in a different way I guess.
            And the coco oil also contains MCTs as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post

switcher,, you know that ` real ´ coconut oil doesn´t really smell or taste of coconut oil. I used to get mine from an asian supermarket and it´s scentless as well as flavourless. The stuff I get from other shops however is different . total coconut The two types are processed in a different way I guess.
              And the coco oil also contains MCTs as far as I know.
              If your coconut oil solidifies at room temperature, it isn't MCT oil. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...vs-coconut-oil

Comment

If your coconut oil solidifies at room temperature, it isn't MCT oil. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...vs-coconut-oil
                yes, I know, I was talking about cocnut oil not real MCT oil, those are two different oils. What I was saying is that coconut oil contains MCTs
                coco oil is always solid when cool.

Comment

So, does anybody else do cold alcohol extraction and what are you doing with that extraction?

Comment

yes, I know, I was talking about cocnut oil not real MCT oil, those are two different oils. What I was saying is that coconut oil contains MCTs
                    coco oil is always solid when cool.
                    yes I know MCT Oil is purified coconut oil. I provided the link.

Comment

So, does anybody else do cold alcohol extraction and what are you doing with that extraction?
                      in the past, I´ve reduced it to honey oil. But I´m thinking of using the tincture as it is. So far I´ve never done anything else with it .

Comment

in the past, I´ve reduced it to honey oil. But I´m thinking of using the tincture as it is. So far I´ve never done anything else with it .

Thanks for the reply cuddles and thanks to those who try to be positive
                        I think I'm going to pull the plug on this in general
                        I just got a response on another site that was just someone being miserable
                        This project was done for someone who could no longer use oil as a carrier and looked to sugar as a carrier
                        In order to find the most efficient carrier every sugar base was explored, the simple syrup was more to see if you could do it
                        I find the product very useful, more so than honey or agave
                        People are horrible!

Comment

Thanks for the reply cuddles and thanks to those who try to be positive
                          I think I'm going to pull the plug on this in general
                          I just got a response on another site that was just someone being miserable
                          This project was done for someone who could no longer use oil as a carrier and looked to sugar as a carrier
                          In order to find the most efficient carrier every sugar base was explored, the simple syrup was more to see if you could do it
                          I find the product very useful, more so than honey or agave
                          People are horrible!
                          interesting, what´s the simple syrup you used though? And how do you combine it with alcohol tincture. The only sugar based tincture I recall trying was Maca tincture and it tasted very nice too
                          How does making a sugar tincture actually work, can you explain the process to those of us who´ve never done it, that would be great.
                          Also, what condition does the person you´re doing it for have, I mean why can´t they tolerate the oil base and which oil was it? This is interesting to know for the sake of some general knowledge on the subject of canna concentrates and uses.

Comment

interesting, what´s the simple syrup you used though? And how do you combine it with alcohol tincture. The only sugar based tincture I recall trying was Maca tincture and it tasted very nice too
                            How does making a sugar tincture actually work, can you explain the process to those of us who´ve never done it, that would be great.
                            Also, what condition does the person you´re doing it for have, I mean why can´t they tolerate the oil base and which oil was it? This is interesting to know for the sake of some general knowledge on the subject of canna concentrates and uses.
                            Actually 2 cases
                            The person who first explored the syrup had stage 3 liver disease and could not process oil through the liver
                            My brother in law had throat cancer so combusting and vaping were not an option
                            When the project started I was suppose to run the experiment in a secondary role, when the time came the other person bailed
                            The "tincture" is actually an extraction
                            It is a tincture, you just don't want to use it sub lingual on a daily basis due to the high proof alcohol
                            You infuse the syrup by reducing the tincture into it

What is frustrating is that I'm doing this to make every option available to people who are ill
                            I infused stevia so a sugar substitute could be offered, not very appealing but it can be done
                            Folks post in the threads displaying obvious knowledge but it is more important to be mean and tear someone down then to be kind and lend a hand
                            I have no background in any of this
                            When I started I was using several tablespoons of coconut oil that I drank straight and tried not to vomit, made in the magical butter machine
                            I now can use a half tablespoon of syrup mixed with commercial chocolate syrup for infused chocolate milk that has little to no cannabis taste
                            The syrup, honey, agave and vegetable glycerine have limitations

https://ussolid.com/2000-w-2-in-1-ul...CABEgL8ZfD_BwE

I'm trying to scale down processes that are done with lab equipment
                            Not everyone wants one of the above taking up counter space

To the trolls
                            You drive people away from threads and your ridicule keeps folks from posting or asking questions
                            People who may be seriously ill and looking for relief, there has to be better places to spread your toxicity

Again, people are horrible!
                            Some pics of the reduction process

​​

Comment

Right, you make the alc, tincture and dilute it with whatever other substance. That actually doesn´t sound as complicated as I first assumed.
                              I tried taking a spoon full coco oil once and I didn´t like it either. I´m fine with emu oil however.

Comment

I mix raw tincture with oat milk for a tasty smooth beverage. Decarb, grind, quick soak, filter, use. The leftover material goes in the cook pot for edibles. The alcohol is minimal to begin with and the oat milk effectively hides it. If you evap the alcohol, the oils become harder to mix with other liquids, but sugar seems ideal. Maple syrup is my favorite. Going to have to try some.

Comment

Working...
                                X