• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing cold alcohol extraction to make tincture

As the title states
    Doing all kinds of recipes
    Wondering what/if anyone else is doing with tincture

I learned to make it this way: put cured weed and alcohol in the freezer. Later add the two together and let it sit.
    Now, the longer you leave it the stronger it will, up until a certain point of course. And if you wanna make oil just strain it, boil off the alcohol and presto you got some nice honey oil.

Comment

I do Psychedelic Sam's cold extraction method
      Decarb at 240f (115c) for 40 minutes in the oven
      I use an Ardent Nova to decarb now

Decarbed cannabis and Everclear or other high proof spirit (190 proof or better) into the freezer for 24 hours
      Remove and combine the cannabis and alcohol and shake for 5 minutes
      Return to freezer for 2 hours
      Remove, shake for another 5 minutes then filter
      Return cannabis to receptacle and add fresh cold alcohol and shake for another 5 minutes and immediately filter
      Done
      The second wash will increase the amount of available cannabinoids in the tincture
      You can now reduce the tincture through various methods to desired potency

I reduce them all the way down into the above pictured oil and syrup
      Pretty much infuse any recipe with cannabis and no plant material or overwhelming cannabis taste
      For summer I make a lot of sorbet

Comment

... a tincture is normally not used in cooking. Furthermore, decarbing before making your tincture why? That smell you smell, is all good juju, that is floating around your kitchen vice your tincture.
        Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
        but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
        the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
        may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

I reduce the tincture into oil and simple syrup and use these in my recipes
          You decarb first to make the tincture psychoactive

Not sure I understand your post
          There are numerous ways to make tincture and edibles
          I use the above method that I posted then filter the tincture through a Buchner funnel using carbon and celite to filter out the chlorophyll and waxes
          The cannabis taste makes it hard for me to consume edibles, so I scrub out as much of the taste as I can
          Jusr a matter of personal preference

Comment

... a tincture is a tincture and used sublingual applications.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

?????
              I understand what tincture is and that I am using the term loosely
              The tincture I make can be used sublingual but it will chemically burn you

Sorry I posted here
              If a mod could just delete the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tincandtoke View Post
                ?????

Sorry I posted here
                Not sure what you mean by `chemical burn´?

Comment

naw man all good !!!
                  switcher idk whats up but all good if he makes something else out of his tincture or uses it in a way other than under his tounge like you said.... sorbet seems like a wayyyyy better way..
                  and it is definitely a product of cold alchohol extraction, complete with pictures of the process!!!

I have always wanted to make something better than simply macerating the bud in alchohol for a month and having a bitter, green liquid.
                  This is cool stuff please keep posting.

Comment

190 proof alcohol will burn the mucous membranes in your mouth
                    That is what I use to make my "extraction"
                    The chemical burn occurs when the high proof alcohol comes in contact with the inside of your mouth

Comment

I´m not sure how much that is but you can always dilute it after all. I´m gonna buy grain alcohol which is about 90 % vol.

Comment

Originally posted by cudme View Post
                        naw man all good !!!
                        switcher idk whats up but all good if he makes something else out of his tincture or uses it in a way other than under his tounge like you said.... sorbet seems like a wayyyyy better way..
                        and it is definitely a product of cold alchohol extraction, complete with pictures of the process!!!

I have always wanted to make something better than simply macerating the bud in alchohol for a month and having a bitter, green liquid.
                        you can rinse the plant material to get rid of the chlorophyll. There´s a great thread about this , I think it´s in the canna concentrates forum section

Comment

I just checked. Everclear, which most people tend to use is 190 proof. I guess it´s the same as the stuff I´m getting when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tincandtoke View Post
                            ?????

Sorry I posted here
                            What I said/asked was...

"...a tincture is normally not used in cooking. Furthermore, decarbing before making your tincture why? That smell you smell, is all good juju, that is floating around your kitchen vice your tincture. No need for decarboxilation for making tinctures, you will get those goodies and, if you are getting a chemical burn, you screwed up some where, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by cudme View Post
                              naw man all good !!!

I agree! You have also missed the point from my original reply. See above

Comment

Working...
                              X